Jawas

SHINY!

We traded big gold buttons, jingle bells, mardi gras beads.

You can go to the dollar store or craft store..

DS carried his in small drawstring cloth bag and sparked their interest when he pulled that out.

I brought along a shiny party bead necklace for my DD to try to trade. Another kid who approached the jawa moments before my DD was also attempting to trade a bead necklace. The jawa took the beads from the first kid and my DD, then handed my DD the beads from the first kid and vice versa. My DD thought it was great! (It was late in the day, I'm not sure the jawa had anything left of his own to trade.)

Shiny is the key! Some fake jewels, arcade coins, glow sticks/toys, pens/pins, etc. You can probably clean out the bottom of the toy chest or junk drawer and find plenty of items. Even things like old Happy Meal toys could be seen as "valuable". Keep in mind that some Jawas will trade and some will not. You may ask their handler if the Jawas are trading today before letting the kiddos approach them so they aren't too disappointed if the Jawa won't trade.

****Duplicate Post due to Technical Difficulties!*****

Shiny is the key! Some fake jewels, arcade coins, glow sticks/toys, pens/pins, etc. You can probably clean out the bottom of the toy chest or junk drawer and find plenty of items. Even things like old Happy Meal toys could be seen as "valuable". Keep in mind that some Jawas will trade and some will not. You may ask their handler if the Jawas are trading today before letting the kiddos approach them so they aren't too disappointed if the Jawa won't trade.

Last edited:

My boys are hoping in June they will trade. We've got some lightsaber pencils, we were hoping they would like those.

One Jawa was HYSTERICAL when we gave him hand sanitizer. He took it and went about squirting it in everybody's hands. He was motioning for them to hold out their hands and acting all excited (jumping up and down) when he would do it.

We had one walk up to by 20 year old daughter, who was on my phone checking wait times. It took my phone, reversed it, and began taking hilarious selfies of the two of them!

I got some dollar store finger lights that were a hit a week ago. There were two Jawas but only one had a pouch to trade. The first one got excited and ran and got the second one. Then the Jawa traded my light to a little kid who was so excited to get a light. It was one of the best parts of the trip!

I also have heard (though havent personally tried it) that if you can get cheap pins (i have some 99 cent ones from the Character Warehouse) they like those. Hoping to go on star wars day. Will report back.

I tried to trade with the Jawas during my previous trip and they had nothing to trade.. it was kind of a bummer, but then they took a selfie with me so it all evened out lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter