Jeans at Palo brunch ??? Alaska

disnee9

Mouseketeer
I read that dress is much more casual on the Alaskan cruises. Would nice, presentable jeans be acceptable at brunch ?? If so, what about footwear ?? I have read conflicting accounts of what is allowed and what some people have been able to slip by with.

I read that dress is much more casual on the Alaskan cruises. Would nice, presentable jeans be acceptable at brunch ?? If so, what about footwear ?? I have read conflicting accounts of what is allowed and what some people have been able to slip by with.
Not sure where the "it's more casual on Alaska cruises" started, but, in my experience, the dress code remains the same, regardless of itinerary.

The dress code for Palo, as far as I know, is the same for dinner as for brunch (from the DCL website):
Dress to Impress
To preserve the elegant ambiance of this restaurant, you are asked to adhere to a dress code when dining at Palo. We recommend dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men, and a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse for women. Jeans may also be worn if in good condition (no holes). Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

As to what some people have been able to "slip by with", if it's not allowed, why try?

My husband wore all black sneakers, the same that he wears for work, to Palo. I was nervous, but they didn't bat an eye. We did not want to pack separate dress shoes!

When we have cruised Alaska, the dress codes have been much more informal. Not necessarily anything that was written or told but people definitely wore much more casual clothing.

More casual clothing seem to fit the theme of the Alaskan adventure. I agree with shanon1217 with the idea of not having to pack dress shoes, more room for the bulky warm clothes required.

How can Alaskan cruises be more casual when everything about Disney is mass market and casual.

I guess it is your definition of more casual. Flannel shirts, jeans, sweatshirts, thermal tops, etc. just seem like dressing down to me. Anything to keep warm!!:love:

Make sure to check the weather in Alaska when you travel. And bring clothes for layering. Our Alaska cruise was was in July and had temperatures in the 90’s. We brought warm clothes but were glad we had brought T-shirt’s as that’s all we wore all week.

We've done Alaska twice. For Palo, my DH wore a very nice grey polo shirt (with the pony logo), nice and new very black jeans (not stone washed, etc) and all-black athletic shoes (no wide white/orange/red/etc. rubber strip around the bottom). Unless you got up close and personal, the black jeans blended right into the black shoes. No problem.

We attended Palo dinner on the Magic two weeks ago. The dress code was not enforced. Sneakers, jeans and sweatshirts were worn by diners. Others wore suits and dresses.

Wow !! Has anyone else experienced such a relaxed dress code as Fincantieri ??? Not having to bring dress shoes for brunch would be helpful in packing to remain within the luggage weight limit.

Wow !! Has anyone else experienced such a relaxed dress code as Fincantieri ??? Not having to bring dress shoes for brunch would be helpful in packing to remain within the luggage weight limit.

It is really at the discretion of the manager on duty. I cannot recall which ship we were on but we had dinner at Palo and there were a couple of gym rats/jersey based reality show rejects dressed in jeans and t-shirts. They looked like designer jeans and t-shirts that probably cost more than our cruise but jeans and t-shirts nonetheless. Their lady friends were dressed somewhat better. We have seen the dress code not strictly enforced for brunch several times.

I generally take a pair of slacks/dockers that get double duty on formal night and Palo. However, on short cruises, jeans in Palo it is. I wish I was daring enough to just wear the black tennis shoes that I wear to work, but I'm not willing to risk it, even though I'm sure it would fly so I always bring dress shoes. I have seen multiple men be sent back to change out of shorts when checking in for brunch. I have also seen men wearing shorts at brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter