• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training Academy for the big kid in our group

alicia1506

DIS Veteran
hey, quick question re Jedi Training Academy

my SO (who is turning 33 in a few weeks) saw the Jedi Training Academy on the vacation planning DVD and turned to me and said 'We're Going To Disney!!' and thus began our trip planning.

Fast forward several months and I find out that it seems only kids get the opportunity to do this... now I certainly do not want to take away from a child's enjoyment of this show, but what about the adults who would like to be a part of this?

Is there any precedent for adults being part of the Training Academy? Is it even possible, or is this strictly a children-only event?

The particpants are chosen from the audience, and they choose the excited kids.

Certainly a lot more people than those kids would like to participate but they can't all be chosen unless for an odd reason the crowd was tiny.

oh, i fully appreciate that there are more people at the events than can be chosen, but do they ever choose a really excited adult?

or do they only choose the excited kids?

oh, i fully appreciate that there are more people at the events than can be chosen, but do they ever choose a really excited adult?

or do they only choose the excited kids?

This is really just a children's event. At WDW where they do advance sign ups I believe someone said the age range allowed is 4-12.

not a problem...

do the cast (obi wan, vader etc) ever pose for pics or do meet & greets? we would love to get autographs or photos with these CMs if possible...

People have been able to get a Photopass 'Magic Shot' where they appear to be fighting Darth Vader. It's a rare shot, though. Disneydaz reported that if you talk to one of the Jedi Training Academy Photopass Photographer's, they may be able to set it up for you. So, even if he can't actually fight Darth Vader, maybe he can get a picture where it looks like he is!

This is really just a children's event. At WDW where they do advance sign ups I believe someone said the age range allowed is 4-12.

This is correct. :) On DLR's website, the info. for Jedi Training says that it is for ages 4-12 also. :)
I also wanted to add that I saw some info. that the Stormtroopers will be available for Meet and Greets at Mickey's Halloween Party if you are planning on attending one of those.

I guess an adult could always grab a light-saber and rush the stage, but then the real Disneyland stormtroopers would probably have a special meet n greet with you, unless you run and seek refuge in neighboring Fantasyland.

It's a kids only event but it is super cool and worth watching if you are a Stars Wars fan so I highly recommend that he and the rest of you go and watch anyway. May seem a little boring in the beginning while the kids are training but it gets better when the villains come out. To be honest I've seen both in person and I think the Disneyland show is way better than the Disney's Hollywood Studios show, we have a better stage which makes for a cooler entrance. For meet & greets I've seen R2-D2, Stromtroopers, and a Clone Trooper - Ben/Ren something? We need Boba Fett!

wow, the idea of the photopass thing sounds amazing... i guess even if this isn't possible, just getting a photo of the star wars crew is awesome. and if we can somehow finangle a meet and greet... that too would be awesome, and really, really make his birthday celebration that much more amazing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter