• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training Academy??

I thought they changed it recently and have been allowing people to sign up when they came in for their PPO breakfast?

My understanding is that you'll be able to leave breakfast and line up before the rope drop crowd, but they won't begin sign-ups until the park opens. @yulilin3 Can you confirm one way or the other?

Edit: Several posters responded confirming recent experiences of being able to sign up prior to a PPO breakfast.

Last edited:
I, too, have heard you can sign up BEFORE the breakfast. It's what we are planning to do next June, if all still stays the same, as this past June we went at rope drop and waited 40 minutes to sign up.

I, too, have heard you can sign up BEFORE the breakfast. It's what we are planning to do next June, if all still stays the same, as this past June we went at rope drop and waited 40 minutes to sign up.

I've also heard before breakfast but as with anything disney, things can change

Good to know! I might keep our PPO ADR at H&V after all, then. Thanks!

We are going to have our 12 year old daughter do this when we are there early December. My concern is that I will schedule our FPs and then the time slot we get will be during that time! o_O

I know...cause they just assign you a time.

We went in the month of Oct (couple years ago). We weren't there right at rope drop , but came pretty close after the gates opened. We were at the end of the line and did not get in. My DS really wanted to go though, so DH and him kept returning for cancellations and they did get a spot. He really loved it, so it's worth it. I'd go rope drop if possible. If not, then just keep trying.

I know...cause they just assign you a time.

We went in the month of Oct (couple years ago). We weren't there right at rope drop , but came pretty close after the gates opened. We were at the end of the line and did not get in. My DS really wanted to go though, so DH and him kept returning for cancellations and they did get a spot. He really loved it, so it's worth it. I'd go rope drop if possible. If not, then just keep trying.
Actually they don't assign you a time. You are able to pick from any shows that still have open slots.

Thanks all.... it will be challenging for sure! FPs and a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi that was tough to get. Hopefully we can get a good time slot at rope drop! It's her last year to be able to do it, and even though she will probably be the oldest and tallest one out there, she's super excited for it! :-)

Thanks all.... it will be challenging for sure! FPs and a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi that was tough to get. Hopefully we can get a good time slot at rope drop! It's her last year to be able to do it, and even though she will probably be the oldest and tallest one out there, she's super excited for it! :-)
Not sure when the last show is but if it's late enough the light sabers light up. Not sure if that's possible for you or not.

Thanks! Any idea how long we will have to wait in line? I have seen the line for this first thing in the morning and it is ugly. We like to get in two or three ToT rides before there is a wait and I am afraid we will miss that.

It is a shame we have to miss some of the best low line ride time to wait in line for this. Wish there were a way to sign up online and not waste park time.
Ok, I'm bugging the poor kid and she needs to get to work!! She said that kids have to be there because parents routinely lie about kids ages, so the CMs ask the kids. They need to be able to follow directions, as someone already mentioned. She also said you can take any available slot, and that they give FPs out at signuup so that families don't miss out on a special attraction. So, it may be that everyone in the group gets a general, good for anything, FP.
She didn't know how long the lines have been, since she didn't work opening this past week, but that by 10 the slots were all taken. Hope this has helped a little.

just remember to check the weather that morning as well.

Ok, I'm bugging the poor kid and she needs to get to work!! She said that kids have to be there because parents routinely lie about kids ages, so the CMs ask the kids. They need to be able to follow directions, as someone already mentioned. She also said you can take any available slot, and that they give FPs out at signuup so that families don't miss out on a special attraction. So, it may be that everyone in the group gets a general, good for anything, FP.
She didn't know how long the lines have been, since she didn't work opening this past week, but that by 10 the slots were all taken. Hope this has helped a little.
The FP thing must be new bc they did not do that for us in June.

We've done it twice, once under the old system in June of 2014, and once under the new system in January of 2016. In the old system, we got there right at rope drop, quick-walked right to the signup area, which was near the Idol studio at that time, and even with that we were assigned the first open time of 1:30PM. We waited in line about 30 minutes.

This past Jan, we didn't hurry to be there before rope drop, arrived just as they were letting people in, walked quickly to the new signup area near Indiana Jones, and got a 12:30 time. We waited in line about 45 minutes.

It is definitely a sacrifice as you can rope drop some other rides in that early time, but for our kids it was worth it. We have already decided that since we have done it twice, we will not be doing on our next trip, and although the kids are a bit disappointed, we've pointed out that the advantage of having more rides in that first less-busy hour.

We didn't receive any FP either time.

I wouldn't count on fp. It might happen but it might not.
All I can tell you is what my dd told me....she works there. This is what her trainer included in training. So, whether it might happen or not? Who knows. I can only go by what a CM tells me...that works there, not one in GS, or driving a bus!!!

If you go directly at rope drop, you will be fine and get a slot. You may have more or less choice in the slot depending on the crowd level on your day and how many people are in line ahead of you.
Will you let us know next week after your trip how it goes? After all this conversation I want to know how it goes!

We were there in July, and I agree that everything was gone by 10. We were worried about FP scheduling, too, but got there early before our H&V ADR. We must have been one of the first to sign up, and we were able to grab the time that worked best for us.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
We just returned yesterday. My oldest wanted to do Jedi training. We got there right at Park opening, not sure what time they actually opened the park but it had to have been several minutes before we arrived. Her and my husband stood in line almost an hour. She got a time of 4:10. They did give them an anytime fast pass for use that day for 5 people.

I am thinking about doing early morning magic on the last day of our trip, as a way of making up for the fact that we won't be spending much time in Hollywood Studios otherwise. What time should we head over to sign-ups in order to beat the rush from rope droppers? I figure we need to be pretty much first in line to get an early time slot that allows us to hop to Epcot before afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter