Jedi Training with 7am EMH?

kcm105

Mouseketeer
Now that TSL has been open a couple of weeks, can anyone report on how JTA is working? Does registration begin at 7am? We will be going the first week of August and JTA is a priority. We don't really want to get there at 630am to get signed up, but we will if necessary.

I'm wondering the same thing. Being at the park for 6:30 will mean there's no way we can stay for Fantasmic or the SW Fireworks. I don't have an issue choosing between the two, I just want to plan accordingly.

Hoping someone else will give you an update on your question.

When we went two years ago, I got a PPO ADR at Hollywood and Vine. The signup at JTA was already opened. So I have a feeling that the signup would be open at 7am with the EMH.

In Josh's recent post on EasyWDW, he says that it JTA sign ups start at 7am. We'll be there too!

I don't know the situation today but I can tell you that when we were there on 7/6 there were still openings for JTA at 4:30 PM

I feel like most of what I’ve seen has said the crowds for rope drop pre-7am haven’t been overwhelmingly huge. I wouldn’t mind getting there around 730, but I’m not sure I want to risk it!!

I was hoping someone would say sign ups don’t start until 8, LOL.

If they’re still opening TSL at 615-630 the week I’m there, it’s at least probably ok to arrive closer to 7 rather than 630. I will take what I can get!!

In Josh's recent post on EasyWDW, he says that it JTA sign ups start at 7am. We'll be there too!
Just went back and looked and I see this now. Not sure how I missed it while reading the first time since this has been on my mind. Thanks!

I actually just learned about this and want to sign my daughter up when we go in December. HS will be opening at 9am the day(s) we go, so does that mean we'd need to be at the gate by 8am?

I actually just learned about this and want to sign my daughter up when we go in December. HS will be opening at 9am the day(s) we go, so does that mean we'd need to be at the gate by 8am?

If you are getting a dining plan, make an early morning breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, go for 8:15ish. The line for JTA will be open at 8 for those with breakfast reservations so you can go straight there before breakfast.

Otherwise, yes. Be at the gate early so that you can get right in and signed up. The line can get long.

If you are getting a dining plan, make an early morning breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, go for 8:15ish. The line for JTA will be open at 8 for those with breakfast reservations so you can go straight there before breakfast.

Otherwise, yes. Be at the gate early so that you can get right in and signed up. The line can get long.
Not doing a dining plan this trip, so I guess we'll just have to wait in line. :/ May just have to send DH on ahead of me! lol

On Monday July 9th, we checked out JTA around 9am and there were still spots available for the noon-ish shows and later in the afternoon. It seemed pretty chill over there too at the sign up area, just a routine thing to do and not a big frenzy. If it were me, I wouldn't prioritize JTA registration over spending your 7am-8am EMH time in Toy Story Land.

On Monday July 9th, we checked out JTA around 9am and there were still spots available for the noon-ish shows and later in the afternoon. It seemed pretty chill over there too at the sign up area, just a routine thing to do and not a big frenzy. If it were me, I wouldn't prioritize JTA registration over spending your 7am-8am EMH time in Toy Story Land.
Yep, this is exactly why I saw openings still left at 4:30 PM and there have been others reporting openings left on in to the afternoon.
Now, if you need a full day of time slots to pick from so you can get a certain spot by all means you want to go early.
But for the time being, the rush to sign up, or you are out of luck, is gone. They aren't booked solid by an hour after opening. Or even 2 hours.

Word of note, to those who may be unaware, this is one activity that will cancel for even small amounts of rain, doesn't require lightening, just rain. Due to the elevated stage. So watch the time and the weather and afternoon pop up storms in FL. If your show is cancelled you get a M&G with Vader, at least that is what we got when ours was cancelled. If there are openings for a later show you can reschedule but only if they have some left.

And another tidbit to new to JTA folks, at night they use lit light sabers.

Yep, this is exactly why I saw openings still left at 4:30 PM and there have been others reporting openings left on in to the afternoon.
Now, if you need a full day of time slots to pick from so you can get a certain spot by all means you want to go early.
But for the time being, the rush to sign up, or you are out of luck, is gone. They aren't booked solid by an hour after opening. Or even 2 hours.

Word of note, to those who may be unaware, this is one activity that will cancel for even small amounts of rain, doesn't require lightening, just rain. Due to the elevated stage. So watch the time and the weather and afternoon pop up storms in FL. If your show is cancelled you get a M&G with Vader, at least that is what we got when ours was cancelled. If there are openings for a later show you can reschedule but only if they have some left.

Thank you so much for this!!! We did this last time, but my 4yo chickened out as soon as he saw Darth Maul. :( He really wants to do it this trip, so we are prioritizing it. We are staying onsite, so we are going to the last 7am EMH in August on the 25th (at least that we know of so far), and will make it over to signups closer to 8:30 or 9:00. I had thought we wanted and earlier one, but the more I think about it, we'll be taking a break and returning for SW nighttime show, so I think we'll try to get the last or second to last show instead. I'm so excited! I really appreciate the help and info!

That's great information! thank you!

Thank you!!!!! It seems like we should be able to go to the park for around 8 AM and sign up the 11 year old for a later time slot (which is perfect- we’re aiming for something after 3 or even 4 PM). I’m not going for 7-8 AM EMH if I don’t have to (because that’s a 5:30 AM wake up and the grandparents are taking the kiddos to get hopped up on sundaes at Beaches & Cream the night before).

I believe I read that after the training, they give you a "free" fastpass to use in the park. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so wonder if you can use it for one of the new Toy Story rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter