• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jeez, I am gonna BAKE!

Domo

Wotcha
I'm off to Vegas in a few weeks and have just coined that it's over 43 degrees out there (about 110F!)

Thank God for air conditioning!

Luckily it'll be a dry heat. Not sure what 110 would feel like, but years ago I went when it was about 100 and it was bearable. You may want to bring a sweater around with you or at least wear something with sleeves, it'll be pretty cold in the air conditioning. And pray everyone else visiting at the same time remembered their deodorant! I love Vegas, hope you have a blast!

I'll be there the week of the 15th. And I agree with bringing a sweater. They usually have the AC pretty cold. I will be at a conference and it usually is freezing in the rooms.

So is a n oven! :P

We are leaving for Vegas next week and that's our forecast, as well. A friend (and DIS'er) who has been to Las Vegas several times used the same analogy. I'm imagining this:

Fried-Kramer.png

DH wants to go to a convention in Las Vegas next year that's always held the week of the 4th. He'll be in the air conditioned convention hall while I hang out with our teen boys. They will want to hit the arcades and fun attractions up and down the strip. It's going to be hot!

That bit about dry heat only goes so far. I was there in July and it was 114 in the shade. It was hard to breathe.

Make sure you drink a LOT of water, use sunscreen and just like WDW take lots of breaks. We found off days sitting at the pool for awhile, resting in the room and then going out mid evening was the best for us during the summer months but we are used to the heat and the dry air.

Also bring comfy walking shoes and remember everything looks much closer than it truly is. We used the monorail a lot or if you have a car you can drive to each hotel and use their valet service for the cost of a tip.

Have fun!

We are flying out on the 10th to visit DH's family & will be there for a week! DH & his family always brag about how the heat isn't nearly as bad as FL (where we all are from for the most part) because there is no humidity. IMO, Vegas heat is WORSE because you feel like you're standing in a hair dryer all the time.

Having super dry skin and ecezma doesn't help my feelings either. :laughing:

Ditto the others: hydrate, sunscreen, and moisturize!

Bring a lot of sunscreen, wear a hat, have dark sunglasses, and drink lots of water. If you have fair skin, use a lot of lotion as well as the dry heat can really mess up your skin. I have to use the double amount of hair conditioner as well.

I don't care that it is a dry heat, so is my oven and it's damn hot at 120+ degrees. The sun will feel like it can melt you on the spot.

Ehh...it's not TOO bad...but it can seem unbearable ifyou're not used to it.

Where I live we routinely get up to around 115 degrees in the summer....but it's dry heat here so a little better than the 90 degrees with 100 percent humidity that I grew up with....at least in my opinion

My advice....make sure you are constantly drinking water. It is much easier to get dehydrated in dry heat because you often don't realize you are dehydrated until its pretty serious. I learned that my first summer here....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter