Jelly Rolls

don't see it written in the thread anywhere...but in case anyone is thinking of asking, Jellyrolls admits guests age 21 and older only.

:woohoo: yes one of the better aspects of Jelly rolls! it is a true night club. no "tweens" asking for a Justin bieber song!:rotfl:
FYI Karaokee at the Swan is "supposed" to be for adults only after 10 pm, also. once we were there after illuminations, and the line for singing was very long, with numerous tween girls sitting cross legged on the floor.
Um, adult time now. nightclubs are not for children.

Had a blast there, but it was mid August and the night we went there it never got busy which was such a shame. It stayed very empty so the atmosphere didn't get going at all. Am visiting WDW next Easter so maybe will go again when there's bound to be a big crowd.

I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but (deep breath), here goes: ...Jellyrolls looks like such a fun place, but it seems to be a 20- and 30-ish crowd. My husband and I are in our 50s. Would we feel out of place here?

Last time we went, it was this lady's birthday. She had to be in her mid 60's at least. Well, they got her on stage and she danced. I mean, broke.it.down. It was awesome!
:dancer:

when we were there, the waitresses got up and taught us all the motions to the Unicorn song. (there were green alligators, and long necked geese, some humpy backed camels and some chimpanzees... cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born, don't you forget my unicorn) took me back!

when we were there, the waitresses got up and taught us all the motions to the Unicorn song. (there were green alligators, and long necked geese, some humpy backed camels and some chimpanzees... cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born, don't you forget my unicorn) took me back!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when they do that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking my 21 year old daughter for our first time this Sept. Both of us fun-loving teetotalers. We have a great dueling piano bar here and they have lots of quirky things they do to the songs, which makes it way more fun. ie. Margaritaville-everyone yells "Salt, salt where's the damn salt?" What are some of the fun things that we should be ready for at Jelly Rolls?

Is the cover still 10 bucks?
DVC or AAA discount?
What is the price of a beer?
Can you hang by the bar?

We leave in 2 weeks
Planned on going on our first nite but have 6:30 ressie at raglan road should I change our reservation?? Will be our first experience at both places!

Is the cover still 10 bucks?
DVC or AAA discount?
What is the price of a beer?
Can you hang by the bar?

Yes.
No discounts.
I don't know as I do not drink beer, but the other drinks were high (IMHO) even by WDW standards and portions were small. A margharita was ina wedding punch sized cup and was $7 or $8.
Yes, but there is not much space.

Overall, I was VERY surprised at how SMALL the entie place is.

As the previous posters have already expressed the place is absolutely addicting. The drink prices may be high, but they do not skimp on the alcohol. I did a write up a little while ago that I posted below. Most the information has already been covered.

The bar opens at 7 and the players start at 8. By 8-9 o’clock the tables up front will most likely be taken and by 9-10 o’clock all the tables on the floor are generally occupied. So if you are looking for a good seat I would suggest getting to Jellyrolls no later than 8 or 9. Besides all of the tables on the floor there are a number of chairs (without tables) around the one side of the floor. So if you do get in a little later at least you will have a chair on the floor to sit. Along with the tables and chairs on the floor, they have a number of bar stools and a few tables above the floor by the bars. These stools are available for the most part until around 10 o’clock during the week. The weekends, like most bars seem to be a little busier. But with it being Disney, you can never tell what the crowds will be like from one night to the next. So if you plan on getting to Jellyrolls after 10 o’clock, plan on dealing with standing room only. This isn’t horrible by any means. As interactive as Jellyrolls is, they have you in and out of your seat all night anyway.

As previously mentioned there is a $12 cover and there is no minimum drink requirement. There is a Big Red Cup special every night that comes in a huge 32oz red solo cup. If you haven't heard Toby Kieth's - Red Solo Cup yet give it a listen. Im sure you will hear it a lot when you are there.

There are currently a total of eight piano players that rotate throughout the week. There are four piano players scheduled per night. The first set of players start at 8 o’clock, the next set starts at 9 o’clock and they rotate every hour. Every single piano player is extremely talented so regardless of who is scheduled you will be pleased. Some people have their favorites, but all the players are fantastic in their own way.

When you first enter Jellyrolls your server will leave a stack of napkins on your table along with a pen. What are the napkins for? Requests of course! Just write your song request down on the napkin, toss in a buck (or a few) and drop the request on one of the two pianos on stage. Now just sit back, enjoy the music and wait for your request to be played. In the rare case a piano player doesn’t know the song or they already played the song that night, they will either offer you the money back or ask for another suggestion. If by the end of the night they did not play your request, the players will ALWAYS offer for the guests to come up and reclaim their cash.

Obviously the more you tip, the faster your request will get played. A twenty dollar bill is known as a Jellyrolls FastPass and your song will get played immediately. You can also pay to have the song currently being played stopped if you don’t like it (just make sure your tip is higher than the original request). This comes in big when you have guests from New York and Boston, it’s a great rivalry!

The piano players are as follows:

* Michael – Plays a lot of Billy Joel. Miami 2017, Summer Highland Falls, And So It Goes are among my personal favorites. Of course there are the staples as well. If he is playing with Tommy they are able to pull off a very funny Biz Markie - Just a Friend.
* Ray – Plays a lot of Elton John and a very funny Poker Face and Baby Got Back
* Scotty – Knows a ton of kid’s music and TV melodies. Very funny version of The Rainbow Connection. I dont think there is a Disney song he does not know.
* Mike – Amazing personality and does a fantastic Disney Medley.
* Tommy – Plays a lot of the classic rock and some country. God Bless The USA, and Shout! are great requests.
* Daniel – Amazing voice and piano skills. Does a wonderful version of The Who’s - Baba O’Rielly and Aerosmiths - Dream On.
* Johnny – Knows a lot of 80s and current top 40 stuff. He can really pull off Cee Lo Green's - Forget You (it's Disney people!).
* Matt - Knows a lot of Billy Joel and current stuff. Plays a good version of Vienna.
* Rob - Brand new player that just started. I haven't heard him yet but I hear he is good. Not sure what is forte is.

That is in no way a complete list of what they will play. I have heard everything played from Frank Sinatra to Jay-Z.

As for transportation, you can obviously take a bus from any of the parks to The Boardwalk Resort. There are taxis available at any resort that will take you directly to Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. If you are going to Jellyrolls directly from Hollywood Studios or Epcot you can take a ferry (Friendship) to the Boardwalk Resort. At the end of the night you have two options. One option is to take a taxi back to your resort. There are always taxis readily available in the front of The Boardwalk Resort. There is also a Disney bus at the Boardwalk bus stop at 2am that will take you from the Boardwalk Resort to any other Disney resort on property.

You can get an up to date schedule on their Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/jellyrollswdw

And most important of all.........Have fun!

Regarding transportation, I'm very cheap and prefer to save the taxi money by taking the Disney buses at closing time. There will be a line of buses, and the driver will just ask where you're going. They will take you directly to your own bus stop at any Disney resort. Can't beat it for convenience! I guess it makes sense: they don't want a lot of people in altered states wandering around the property, or worse, driving.

Do they accept cc's (for cover and drinks) or just cash? :confused3 Also, because of the cover, am I correct in assuming there is no drink minimum? One more question. . . do they have any good non-alcoholic drinks? Even a good iced/sweet tea would be good for me! TIA

Do they accept cc's (for cover and drinks) or just cash? :confused3 Also, because of the cover, am I correct in assuming there is no drink minimum? One more question. . . do they have any good non-alcoholic drinks? Even a good iced/sweet tea would be good for me! TIA

They do accept credit cards. When people are talking about cash, they're talking about tips for the piano players. You put cash up on the piano with a song request in order to "encourage" them to play the song you want. But for drinks and cover, they do take credit cards.

I do not recall there being a drink minimum. Sorry that I can't help you on the non-alcoholic drink selection.

We leave in 2 weeks
Planned on going on our first nite but have 6:30 ressie at raglan road should I change our reservation?? Will be our first experience at both places!

You should be OK, and you will have a great time!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Is there any nights that are good or bad for that matter? crowdwise?

Hey neighbor! You really never know when it comes to a Disney property. Like most entertainment locations the crowds will be higher on Friday and Saturday nights, but you really never know. One the best nights DW and I had was on a Monday/Tuesday. Not sure why but the place was packed and the crowd was absolutely amazing!

Keep in mind half the fun of Jellyrolls is in the crowd. So the busier the place is the more fun can be had! v:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter