JellyRolls as a Solo traveller

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
I will be in WDW from 12/20-23/04, have never been to Jellyrolls, has anyone ever gone to Jellyrolls solo, will I feel out of place. Please advice.::MinnieMo

I go to Jellyrolls solo all the time. I usually sit on a bar stool in the back of the bar (I always sit in the same spot--if I'm not sitting on my stool, some of the piano players notice). I always go in to the left, and sit on the first bar stool, right next to the steps down to the pit.

I never take a table when I'm by myself--I would feel guilty about taking a table for four by myself, but that's just me.

So go, and have a great time. I highly recommend trying to see Scotty and Ray when you are down there.

Also, LittleMissMickey is down there around the same time as you (although I'm not sure if she's going the same dates). Perhaps she'll respond to this thread and you can meet up--she was trying to find someone to go to Jellyrolls with.

Any other questions, let me know.

Karen

Never thought of sitting by the bar as opposed to a table, it's the table thing that I could not handle as a solo. I am now looking forward to going to Jellyrolls. I will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn this trip which will make it very convenient. Thanks again for your reply.:Pinkbounc

OOOH! Pick me, Pick me!! I'll be getting down there on the 20th, also, and would love to meet up for a night of singing along to all my favorite tunes with my favorite guys! Let's make a date of it!

Anybody else gonna join us?!

Ashley:wave2:

P.S. Thanks, Karen, for letting me know about this one! I'd hate to have had it slip away!

I was just in WDW this past 10 days and got home yesterday. Of those 10 days we were at Jellyrolls 5 nights and one night I went by myself it was fine. I also just sat on a bar stool on the first floor and enjoyed it for the most part. The only problem it was this past Tues and it was Cast Member free night and was chaos. I wouldn't do a Tues. again. YUCK! But I enjoyed all the other nights there, and my favorite 4 some of players was Scotty and Ray and Jason and Tommy. Those nights were really a blast.
Enjoy!

LittleMissMickey, i love jellyrolls, it's a blast, i'll be in wdw oct 17-21, so i'd love to join the group at jellyrolls
johnny

Johnny -

I wish I was going in October, but I will be there in December! You should come back down and join us then! Beggars can't be choosers, so any night will do for me! December 20th - January 11th... COME ON DOWN! (I just imagined Bob Barker... I love my thoughts after a 14 hour day at work)

Ashley:wave2:

Ashley, hope you get paid for the extra hours on a 14 hour work day. I've been doing OT lately, and I always call it my extra tip money for the piano guys ;)

Karen

Karen -

I am doing my student teaching this semester. That means that, essentially, I PAID to be there for all 14 hours yesterday. I make no money. I pay full-time tuition to work! That seems so backwards...

Perhaps I should take out an extra loan for tip money for the guys?

Aren't they the BEST?!

I went to dueling pianos tonight, and it was pretty good... A little more risque, but still very good atmosphere and they knew all my songs, which is a bonus.

Anyway, hopefully I'll see some of ya in JR in December!

Hope all's well!

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter