• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jellyrolls - When to go? Where to eat before?

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
After nearly 20 years of marriage and nearly that many years being DVC owners, DW and I are planning to go to Jellyrolls during our anniversary trip in July. We will only be there for the long weekend and can only go on Friday or Saturday night.

Would you recommend Friday or Saturday night to visit Jellyrolls? What time should we arrive? Planning on eating somewhere around the Boardwalk before hand - any suggestions?

I would guess the crowd will be similar on Friday and Saturday, so I would choose whichever day is more convenient for you. Personally, I'd go both nights if I didn't have plans for the second night - it's a lot of fun! :laughing: They open at 7:00pm and music begins at 8:00. I've heard that you should definitely arrive closer to opening if you want to guarantee yourself a seat. I showed up around 11:00pm on a Friday a few weeks ago and there were no seats when I got there, but eventually some folks started to leave and I got a seat near the bar.

I've never eaten at any of the Boardwalk restaurants, so can't recommend anything there. I can only say to make sure that you do eat before you go because Jellyrolls only has popcorn.

Have a great time!

If you are not leaving early on Sunday I would pick Saturday night for Jellyrolls, crowds will probably be the same.

For food options for your anniversary maybe the Bluezoo, it has an excellent atmosphere, for steak there's Shula's both of these are at the Swan and Dolphin. There's a nice steak house at the Yacht Club, and there's the newly renovated Flying Fish restaurant on the Boardwalk.

I will be in Disney September 9-16. Would Jellyrolls on a Sunday or weekday still be good? I would want a crowd but a seat LOL
Thanks so much!

I will be in Disney September 9-16. Would Jellyrolls on a Sunday or weekday still be good? I would want a crowd but a seat LOL
Thanks so much!

I went on a Thursday and it was pretty busy, but I had my choice of a few seats (I didn't arrive until close to midnight, but at midnight the next night, a Friday, seats were still scarce).

I went on a Thursday and it was pretty busy, but I had my choice of a few seats (I didn't arrive until close to midnight, but at midnight the next night, a Friday, seats were still scarce).

I'm assuming Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights? DH and I would like to try it during our upcoming anniversary trip, but I'm not sure we'd be there at 7pm. We would go on a week night.

I'm assuming Friday and Saturday are the busiest nights? DH and I would like to try it during our upcoming anniversary trip, but I'm not sure we'd be there at 7pm. We would go on a week night.

Yes, it gets busier just like you'd expect a bar at home to be busier on the weekends. The crowd during the week tends to consist of people on vacation (and maybe conference attendees from Swan/Dolphin), while on the weekends you have both vacationers and locals. You should be fine on a weeknight, but if seats are a necessity for you, I'd try to get there earlier in the evening - but if you don't mind (/are physically capable of) standing by the bar for a bit and waiting for a seat to open up, you'll be fine whenever you get there.

I would definitely try to get there as close to 8:00 as possible so you can get a good seat. Me and DH like to sit right up front, makes it so much more fun.

as for where to eat you have sooo many options, i didnt care for Big River (dh said its better than our first time there, i didnt like it) - we love ESPN. dont forget you also have options with Swan and Dolphin being so close. over at Y&B there is a little place next to Yatchsmans (i think Crews Cup) we really like it there also if it isnt busy it is good for a quick bite. You can also have dinner at Epcot before you head to Jellyrolls.

Our tentative plans are to go to Jelly Rolls on Thursday, Sept 14th. We have BOG at 4:30PM for dinner, plan to hit a few MK attractions afterward, than head over to Jellyrolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter