Jen and Brook's Excellent Adventure

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Hi, I'm Jen!

edit22.jpg

I can't beleive it, but I am going to Disney in August of this year!...
AND on top of that, I am going with out my family!

So I'm sure you want to know why I am so amazed about going in August. Well....These past 2 years have been kind of a whirlwind of some stress. My DH, Skip, Had his hip replaced in Oct. of 2009. We had gone to Disney as a family in March of 2009 and he had a hard time walking and after many Dr's visits and different diagnosis, we finally got the news that his hip was like a broken wagon...the wheel was about to fall off.......That analogy worked well for us , as we are Dairy Farmers. :laughing:
We were hopeful, and at first it appeared that everything was going well. But it wasn't. Again after many months of gettting the run around from Drs, they came to the conclusion that the hip never took and it needed to be replaced again. This info came in Oct of 2010. I had been planning a Disney trip for Dec of 2010. Skip had then decided we should do 3 nights on the Wonder, along with 3 or 4 nights at Disney. I was so excited... I had wanted to do a Disney cruise for years!....but then with the news of the new replacement, everything was put on hold. The surgery was done in Dec. and things seem to be going well now.
We planned a trip for late March/ early April. 3 nights on the Dream and 3 nights in Orlando.
Sadly, 2 weeks prior to going, Skips brother and partner in the Dairy Farm broke his leg....BADLY...and Skip had to bow out to stay home and take care of the farm. My DD, Claire, who is 6 and I still went, and we brought along my Mom in his place, and my Dad joined us for the Orlando portion of the trip.
It was an amazing trip, which of course had ups and downs. The biggest down being that Skip wasn't with us.
I am still working on that TR and I invite you all to read it, along with my dining report from that trip as well.

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

SO...Why am I going without my family this trip???

I recently started a new job.
A few of my fellow Disers work for the same company. One morning in May, BrookElizabeth...aka Brook...found out that Disney was offering some onsite education program this year. What they call an AEP. That was so exciting. How fun would it be to go to Disney just to learn ABOUT Disney!!!
I approached Skip with the idea...actually pretty doubtful he would say yes...but beleive it or not he did! So I quickly applied and was accepted!
Brook also applied and was excepted as well. We have requested to be room mates during this fun adventure!
For those who don't know her, this is Brook.

1210643125_sLuNg-L.jpg

Brook's DH Joe and adorable son Henry will also be coming along and staying at another resort while we are doing our training.
I'll let Brook tell you about her plans!

Brook's current TR can be found here.

Marriage: The Trip Report

We also have 2 other co workers joining us for this adventure. Mindy and Patty. They have requested to room with each other as well. I will invite them to add anything they like as well.

I have to say I am so excited to be able to meet these girls in person. We talk quite a bit on facebook and I feel a nice bond with them already!

I hope you will all join us on this fun adventure of planning!

The Dates!

The AEP program runs Aug 15 thru the 19th.
The suggested flight arrival time is to arrive no later than 1:30 on the 15th. We are not to schedule a departure any earlier than 1:00 on the 19th.

My option of direct flights to MCO are limited. I must fly out of Detroit for a direct flight to MCO. Skip and I usually fly out of Toledo into Sanford and rent a car. I wanted to keep costs down, so I didn't even look at that option.

I started pricing out flights before I was even officially accepted. WOW! Flying out Monday morning was VERY expensive. I only had 3 airline options to chose from for a direct flight and I wasn't liking what I was seeing.
I looked into flying in on Sunday the 14th. Much better!! :cool2:
So that is what I am doing! I can fly down on Sunday morning, and stay 1 night at a Value and still be slightly cheaper than flying in on Monday morning.

Flight is booked! :yay: NOT with my favorite airline though. Spirit came out to be the cheapest, even with paying for a bag. I decided I will not take a carry on (they charge for those as well) and just carry a tote with my important things. My flight leaves at 9:45 AM on Sunday, Aug. 14th, putting me in Orldando around 12:09. My departure flight will leave a 5:41 on Friday and bringing me back to Detroit at 8:16. I can live with those times!

Now for the fun part...What to do that first day to myself!

I'm in! What to do with a day by yourself.......I don't know, I haven't had one of thoses days since I've had kids:rotfl2:

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES~!~:lmao:

What I can't wait for is the TR. Ohhhhh, the pictures!:thumbsup2

Hey Jen! Thanks for the link! I subscribed this morning! :thumbsup2

I will be jealously reading along with Nikki!!! ;) I'm sure Stephanie will come & read along as well! Have a great time for all of us!

Popped over from Brook's TR to join in - looking forward to finding out what your training will involve because it already sounds exciting!

I just want to note that Brook is leaving for MN today for a family vacation, so it may be awhile before she adds her plans here.

I'm in! What to do with a day by yourself.......I don't know, I haven't had one of thoses days since I've had kids:rotfl2:

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES~!~:lmao:

What I can't wait for is the TR. Ohhhhh, the pictures!:thumbsup2

I know. I keep making several different plans in my head, but I have too many things planned...so I will be counting on your help to narrow it down.

joining in

:thumbsup2

Hey Jen! Thanks for the link! I subscribed this morning! :thumbsup2

I will be jealously reading along with Nikki!!! ;) I'm sure Stephanie will come & read along as well! Have a great time for all of us!

Hi ya!!! I wish it would've worked out for all of us to be there!

Joining in on the excellent adventure!

It should be a LOT of fun! Thanks for joining!

Popped over from Brook's TR to join in - looking forward to finding out what your training will involve because it already sounds exciting!

Thanks for popping over! We are so excited about this trip. It will be so different than any of us have experienced in the past.

Jumping in! Mom fun at Disney sounds awesome!

I won't know what to do with myself. To actually have a morning where I only have to dress myself will be wonderful! Of course if Brook needs help, I'll be there for her! :laughing:

I'm here and ready to hear about all the fun and learning you will have!!

:cool1::cool1:

As you know, I can't wait!! I am so curious as to how it will all play out and what we will learn.

Joining in!
I'll be in Disney August 12-23. Maybe I'll run into you!

How awesome. We have a busy itinerary, but it doesn't mean we don't have any time to ourselves too. Plus being on the go, who knows who will run into. Be sure to say hi if you see me. Sometimes I'm not as observant of other Disers as they are of me. LOL! I've had a few come up to me in the past and I was so happy to have met them!

Sounds like such a great opportunity!

I will be interested in reading about what the training sessions were like. And also the fun stuff you can manage to jam into those days.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter