Jenner/ESPYs

No I agree on that front, she hasn't done anything related to sports in quite some time. I'm talking about people who still refuse to use the right pronouns when talking about Caitlyn and the people who say coming out to the public isn't brave.

Well maybe I'd feel differently if we weren't talking about someone who makes their money from living in the spotlight and making their life public for entertainment purposes.
My friend's daughter is more courageous than Caitlyn Jenner. She's a 13 year old in middle school, already one of the hardest times in a kid's life and she found the courage to come out to her parents, her family and her friends. That takes real courage, Jenner could have come out to his family without the fanfare, but I guess she needs to pay her bills.......

I don't think that Jenner was a good choice either but I feel so because I believe that the award should be sports related. If that makes me ignorant so be it.

I agree with you. This is a sports honor. For that, Jenner has been decades removed from the sport and her current event had nothing to do with that.

While it may be courageous as a public figure, it did not in any way occur in relative to a sport and should not have been honored as such. It seems rather a slap in the face to current athletes demonstrating courage.

Well maybe I'd feel differently if we weren't talking about someone who makes their money from living in the spotlight and making their life public for entertainment purposes.
My friend's daughter is more courageous than Caitlyn Jenner. She's a 13 year old in middle school, already one of the hardest times in a kid's life and she found the courage to come out to her parents, her family and her friends. That takes real courage, Jenner could have come out to his family without the fanfare, but I guess she needs to pay her bills.......

Um, just because Caitlyn's life has been made money from being in public doesn't mean she isn't a person. Do you know how hard it is to come out and say you are transitioning? It doesn't make her life any easier and she would have had to come out to the public regardless because she is in the public eye, she has to come under scrutiny of everyone because everyone gets to have an opinion on the matter. She is STILL a person. I feel like people forget about that when it comes to celebrities.

And who are you to say who is more courageous? I'm glad that your daughter's friend came out to her parents because that is brave, is your friends daughter in the pubic eye 24/7? Do people make up stories about her? Does she have people following her around all the time? How come you don't feel like she should have just come out to her family since that's the implication you made about Caitlyn she should have just come out to her family.

She may be a person but I do not think that someone who killed another person deserves honors

I think she's certainly newsworthy. Is she in the same league as Stuart Scott? Nope.
If ESPN needed another suggestion to put into the running, Lauren Hill would have been great.
I also think Steve Gleason would be an obvious person to honor. #nowhiteflags
I hope they consider him in the future.

Last edited:
I don't agree that being in the public eye makes a person more brave. Jenner chose that and is still choosing it as far as I can see. He could have decided to be a more private person before transitioning to a she.

The kid mentioned earlier has to deal with parental approval and her peers. That really takes courage.

However neither are sports related.

Chill out. We've all publicly known Jenner as a "he" for 40+ years & all of Jenner's accomplishments took place as a "he".

And like most celebrities, Jenner seems to abhore the notion of being ignored a lot more than being bad-mouthed. So, forgive us if we take this outing as less than "brave" at this stage of Jenner's life.

Michael Sam coming out prior to the draft? That could be called brave. Caitlyn's transformation? Meh. Now, if that makes me "ignorant" in your eyes, well so be it. There are all kinds of ignorance & all kinds of bigotry.

I totally agree on these points.
A big deal was made that Caitlyn was who Bruce really was and living as Bruce was a lie. She made a huge separation been Caitlyn and Bruce in that big interview. The whole way this has been spun is basically Bruce is gone, meet Caitlyn. Personally that's made a separation in my mind between the two. I'll say her and Caitlyn now but it's before this public transition I think Bruce and he. That doesn't mean I hate transgender people or anything like that. The way it's all been presented has caused me to see two separate people. From comments her kids have made, it appears some of them do to.

I don't want to get into a bravery comparison but I do agree with you on Michael Sam. Bruce waa very wealthy, older and well known. I'm not going to say it was easier for him to go public but either way he would be financially fine.

Um, just because Caitlyn's life has been made money from being in public doesn't mean she isn't a person. Do you know how hard it is to come out and say you are transitioning? It doesn't make her life any easier and she would have had to come out to the public regardless because she is in the public eye, she has to come under scrutiny of everyone because everyone gets to have an opinion on the matter. She is STILL a person. I feel like people forget about that when it comes to celebrities.

And who are you to say who is more courageous? I'm glad that your daughter's friend came out to her parents because that is brave, is your friends daughter in the pubic eye 24/7? Do people make up stories about her? Does she have people following her around all the time? How come you don't feel like she should have just come out to her family since that's the implication you made about Caitlyn she should have just come out to her family.

Who am I? I'm Dizlvr sharing my opinion on a message board. I do not believe she deserves that award, there are people far more deserving than some reality star attention seeker. You are free to feel differently, I'm not going to give you the third degree and call you ignorant over it. Have a nice night.

Who am I? I'm Dizlvr sharing my opinion on a message board. I do not believe she deserves that award, there are people far more deserving than some reality star attention seeker. You are free to feel differently, I'm not going to give you the third degree and call you ignorant over it. Have a nice night.

I agree with you.

I don't see why you are getting all upset. :confused3

LOL, that's funny I thought it was you that was getting upset. Caitlyn Jenner isn't worth getting upset about :rotfl:

I'm not really upset but it does seem like you are really upset about Caitlyn Jenner, your last post to me sounded like your feathers were ruffled.

I'm not really upset but it does seem like you are really upset about Caitlyn Jenner, your last post to me sounded like your feathers were ruffled.

No ruffled feathers, just didn't feel the need to "defend" my opinion just because you didn't agree with it. It seemed like you were upset that some here don't feel she deserves that award, or don't like our reasons why we don't think she does. Lets just say that we disagree, and neither is upset by it :flower1:

I'm trying to figure out who ske killed? I thought the accident was caused by someone stopping in front of the lady killed suddenly? In fact I thought it said she swereved to miss the lady car..

I think Jenner and that whole Jenner/ kartrashian clan is disgusting. I could care less if she is transitioning , they would sell their souls to get tabloid attention.He was involved in that whole freak show right along with them.He came out and said he was a women now and that's fine but another reality show ? I think one of the other people should have got the award. My opinion has nothing to do with his choice and everything about the circus they have created for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter