Jenny B Scam

asta

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else received a card from someone named Jenny B that congratulates you on having a baby (definitely not the case here) and includes gift cards/coupons for baby items? An internet search says this is a scam but I can’t figure out what the scam actually is.

No but I have gotten 2 "Congratulations on your new home" but they were both for the previous owners. I've lived here for 10 years.

Has anyone else received a card from someone named Jenny B that congratulates you on having a baby (definitely not the case here) and includes gift cards/coupons for baby items? An internet search says this is a scam but I can’t figure out what the scam actually is.
Yes. My daughter received the same Jenny B mailing this week. Not sure what it's all about.

I did some searching. From what I can see its a marketing PR stunt for a company. It appears they purchased a mailing list from a third party and sent out a huge amount of these coupons to people on this purchased mailing.

The catch seems to come when an online purchase is made and the shipping fee jumps from free to $10.

So basically anyone who go these coupons, at some time in the past signed up to X company to receive coupons etc in the mail. X company has then sold this list of names and addresses to the people doing marketing for Jenny B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter