JetBlue Opinions

kes601

DIS Veteran
We are supposed to fly on JetBlue for the first time Vet's Weekend. We live in VA Beach, they had good rates and fly out of Richmond do we are going to do the 90 minute drive and try it. However, I have been noticing our return flight is almost ALWAYS 60-90 minutes late. I'm really dreading the travel at this point. What are the opinions here about JetBlue? I'm considering suggesting an overnight drive (I stress about flying). It would give us an extra half park day on Saturday but remove half a park day on Monday so that would be a wash.

I always use jetblue always leave extra time for issues but not major issues for me so far.

I’ve only flown them to and from Disney once and I had a great experience (Newark to MCO). I would fly them every time but they are more expensive than the deals I have been getting on Spirit and Frontier.

Maybe it’s on the Richmond end? It sounds like that’s a small airport so it might have something to do with it.

I try to fly exclusively JetBlue whenever possible, even if I have to fly to a different airport and drive a few hours. To me they are by far the best airline, they don’t have the extra nonsense, they are clear about everything. Plus you get the tv/movies/internet all included with the ticket. They are also the only airline that actually gives decent legroom to all passengers. After years of flying with them, my only real complaint is that they serve the wrong Soda brand.

They are also the only airline that actually gives decent legroom to all passengers.

Both Alaska and Southwest give basically the same legroom to all passengers (31 to 33 inches based on plane). The benefit of Southwest is open seating and nearly identical seat arrangement across their whole fleet while Jet Blue allows that upgrade ticket to get access to additional legroom allowing you to lock in ahead of time.

Jet Blue just to let you know did a seat reconfiguration on certain planes that used to have 34 inch legroom and cut it down by adding in an extra 2 rows of seating.

Still can't go wrong with legroom between all 3.

Everything but internet will be included in the other two but I think it's $8 on southwest and $10 on Alaska? Can't say if open access on Jet Blue effects internet speeds or not.

And that’s one of the main reasons I’ll do whatever I need to do to avoid them.

Lol everyone likes something different but having open seating means you don't have all these classes of seating arrangements you find on other airlines.

Why get upset by 60 to 90 min delay ? It is really no big deal

They are not upset. I assume it has to do with driving like an extra hour to then have upwards of an hour or more delay. So adding on 2 hours worth of travel time for a better airline experience (worth it for me but they are torn and hence want positive reinforcement from others).

I fly Jet Blue to Orlando 95% of the time, and try to fly Jet Blue domestically whenever I can. Every now and then a flight is delayed, but generally the flights have been on time and the service is always great.

Lol everyone likes something different but having open seating means you don't have all these classes of seating arrangements you find on other airlines.

Yep that’s why it’s nice to have options, we all have our crazy preferences. I just don’t care for the chance of being split up or getting stuck in a middle seat. And it seems to really slow down boarding. But others love the no assigned seating and it’s great they can fly that way.

Out of the last 12 days on FlightAware, your flight was late 5x. It looks like majority of the time there was weather. Weather is weather. Unfortunately, a big line of weather is going to cause delays...for JetBlue, especially if there is weather in the northeast since so many of their planes will be transiting through the northeast during at least some point in their day.

We used to be loyal JB customers until we got tired of consistent flight delays. In the last year we flew with them, more than half of them were delayed by 90 minutes or more. Once in a while, no big deal but it began to feel like the standard so we took our money elsewhere.

Delays happen.

Sometimes it's the weather. Had a SW flight that was delayed for 2 hours due to lightning in the area; a Delta flight delayed by fog, both recently.

Sometimes it's the airport. Flew a JB LAX-FLL-JAX. Was delayed at FLL because they didn't have a gate for us, because of delays from other flights (late due to weather; couldn't leave waiting on passengers from delayed flights, etc).

Sometimes it's the airline. Had a SW flight delayed because the pilots were too close to their cut off time; they had been delayed on the leg before, causing the time issue. Have had planes switched, causing seat issues, causing delays.

I've flown (in the last 4 years): Delta, American, SW and JB. Delta and JB were tied for service, IMO; American, Delta and JB for comfort and space; SW for convenience (even though I paid extra for EBCI, it was convenient not having to remember to log in to get spot). Baggage handling (no JB, haven't checked one with them, always carry on) D, A, SW all fine.

Every single time we have flown in Newark, no matter what airline, we have had delays. I think these things just happen. Weather, bad timing, whatever. The last time we were coming in from Las Vegas and we spent an hour circling over PA because they didn't have room for us to land.

Both Alaska and Southwest give basically the same legroom to all passengers (31 to 33 inches based on plane). The benefit of Southwest is open seating and nearly identical seat arrangement across their whole fleet while Jet Blue allows that upgrade ticket to get access to additional legroom allowing you to lock in ahead of time.

How on earth is the Southwest open seating an advantage? I love Alaska. Reserved seating. The gate agents at SeaTac know we like to get on last after the jetbridge clears out. The less time I am on the airplane the better.

We used to be loyal JB customers until we got tired of consistent flight delays. In the last year we flew with them, more than half of them were delayed by 90 minutes or more. Once in a while, no big deal but it began to feel like the standard so we took our money elsewhere.

Aren't the delays due to their main hub is JFK? That place is delay prone.

Aren't the delays due to their main hub is JFK? That place is delay prone.

I can’t remember all of their excuses but since we primarily fly into and out of JFK, that’s not going to work for us. We haven’t experienced those kind of delays since we switched to Delta, also through JFK.

I can’t remember all of their excuses but since we primarily fly into and out of JFK, that’s not going to work for us. We haven’t experienced those kind of delays since we switched to Delta, also through JFK.

Yes Delta is probably the best airline for most travelers. Alaska is usually ranked just ahead of Delta but their routes are concentrated on the west coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter