• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jetblue Prices???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We always fly JetBlue. We are going out west this summer. I got great airfare prices flying from JFK to Albuquerque. Looking to return to JFK from Vegas. I have been checking daily and the price for JetBlue is staying between $200-300. When I check other airlines they are always at least $50-70 cheaper. I have $$$ in our travel banks that expires, so I can only fly JetBlue. Has anyone noticed JetBlue seems to be more expensive then the other airlines? They are all nonstop flights.

We always fly JetBlue. We are going out west this summer. I got great airfare prices flying from JFK to Albuquerque. Looking to return to JFK from Vegas. I have been checking daily and the price for JetBlue is staying between $200-300. When I check other airlines they are always at least $50-70 cheaper. I have $$$ in our travel banks that expires, so I can only fly JetBlue. Has anyone noticed JetBlue seems to be more expensive then the other airlines? They are all nonstop flights.

Yes, I notice that JetBlue is no longer the least expensive option. I noticed this about 18 months ago. Some have issues with United, but they always seem to be the least expensive of the options for me to go to MIA, FLL or MCO from EWR or JFK. Keep checking. I've been watching prices on United and JetBlue for September 8 from MCO to EWR and noticed today that JetBlue went up about $30 from yesterday. However, yesterday I booked SAV to JFK on August 17 for under $90 on United. I, too, only look at non stop.

Good luck.

I'm a diehard Southwest flyer (Currently have over 100,000 points waiting to be spent) but on my most recent trip to MCO from BDL I got a round trip on Jetblue for less than a one-way on Southwest. Both fares were non-stop so it was an apples to apples comparison. Jetblue had really convenient times too.
If I were travelling for pleasure I may have done Southwest with my points but since this was a business trip and my employer was picking up the tab I took the less expensive carrier.

JetBlue stopped trying to be a customer first, price competitive carrier a while ago. They have made a lot of anti-customer changes under pressure from wall street.

Yes, I notice that JetBlue is no longer the least expensive option. I noticed this about 18 months ago. Some have issues with United, but they always seem to be the least expensive of the options for me to go to MIA, FLL or MCO from EWR or JFK. Keep checking. I've been watching prices on United and JetBlue for September 8 from MCO to EWR and noticed today that JetBlue went up about $30 from yesterday. However, yesterday I booked SAV to JFK on August 17 for under $90 on United. I, too, only look at non stop.

Good luck.

Yes, the fights I have been following went up yesterday as well. When I logged into Jetblue yesterday morning, the website was down for "maintenance". It seems like when it came back up, the prices were higher. I was hoping for a big sale after the "maintenance". Have a great trip!

JetBlue does seem to be consistently higher than other carriers on Las Vegas (LAS) to JFK New York. Here's a comparison for August 2019.

JetBlue Only - LAS to JFK
las-jfk-jetblue-only-aug2019.jpg

All Airlines Except JetBlue - LAS to JFK
las-jfk-no_jetblue-aug2019.jpg

Note: Information courtesy of http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ (Matrix - ITA Software: the product that powers Google's flight search engine). Due to Southwest's uniqueness, their fares only show on their website. But, that's irrelevant here because Southwest does not fly to JFK.

As to the reason why JetBlue consistently higher, that's anyone's guess. Airline pricing is wildly complex. It's handled by computers that do millions of calculations to maximize profits.

There are probably many different reasonable explanations as to fly JetBlue's prices on this route are higher than their competitors. Without access to proprietary information, those explanations are just guesses.

My takeaway: Given the fact that JetBlue seems to always be higher than the competition, this isn't a case of excessive demand on a single travel date. And, it's also not likely to change if you wait longer. Basically, JetBlue's prices are higher because they are able to fill their planes at those prices. If you have to fly that airline, you'll have to pay the premium.

JetBlue does seem to be consistently higher than other carriers on Las Vegas (LAS) to JFK New York. Here's a comparison for August 2019.

JetBlue Only - LAS to JFK
las-jfk-jetblue-only-aug2019.jpg

All Airlines Except JetBlue - LAS to JFK
las-jfk-no_jetblue-aug2019.jpg

Note: Information courtesy of http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ (Matrix - ITA Software: the product that powers Google's flight search engine). Due to Southwest's uniqueness, their fares only show on their website. But, that's irrelevant here because Southwest does not fly to JFK.

As to the reason why JetBlue consistently higher, that's anyone's guess. Airline pricing is wildly complex. It's handled by computers that do millions of calculations to maximize profits.

There are probably many different reasonable explanations as to fly JetBlue's prices on this route are higher than their competitors. Without access to proprietary information, those explanations are just guesses.

My takeaway: Given the fact that JetBlue seems to always be higher than the competition, this isn't a case of excessive demand on a single travel date. And, it's also not likely to change if you wait longer. Basically, JetBlue's prices are higher because they are able to fill their planes at those prices. If you have to fly that airline, you'll have to pay the premium.

Thank you for all that valuable information. Love the charts. I always check the flights to see how many seats are available and currently the flights that I am interested in are only around half full. We may look into flying out of another airport. We have a rental car, so can travel to another airport but after being out west for 2 weeks, I think we will be ready to come home. Lol

Thank you for all that valuable information. Love the charts. I always check the flights to see how many seats are available and currently the flights that I am interested in are only around half full. We may look into flying out of another airport. We have a rental car, so can travel to another airport but after being out west for 2 weeks, I think we will be ready to come home. Lol
I think they are likely to go up rather than come down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter