JetBlue won't budge

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
We have friends flying in tomorrow - they have been ready and willing to take open seats since Sunday. Unlike SWA, JetBlue will only rebook them at considerably more a person (x5) to make the change to fly early.
Another reason not to fly a true budget airline.

We have friends flying in tomorrow - they have been ready and willing to take open seats since Sunday. Unlike SWA, JetBlue will only rebook them at considerably more a person (x5) to make the change to fly early.
Another reason not to fly a true budget airline.

Reason not to fly a true budget airline is they typically only have 1 or very few flights per day. So if the flight gets cancelled you stuck till the next one and that could be tomrrow. Airlines won't just change your flight as they are hoping another has to buy the seat at the higher price. If they don't, they typically will allow people on standby to take it. So if your friends are willing to wait, don't check in bags and go to the earlier flight and ask the gate agent to fly standby. If the seats are free they generally let you take the earlier flight. I do this all the time on business trips. I don't fly Jetblue so their rules may be different.

Right but you said they have JetBlue tickets?
...yes...it would be nice if the airlines followed each other. Right now, jetBlue is fying planes to Orlando with empty seats when they have passengers holding tickets for flights that may be cancelled willing to take up the empty seats

Reason not to fly a true budget airline is they typically only have 1 or very few flights per day. So if the flight gets cancelled you stuck till the next one and that could be tomrrow. Airlines won't just change your flight as they are hoping another has to buy the seat at the higher price. If they don't, they typically will allow people on standby to take it. So if your friends are willing to wait, don't check in bags and go to the earlier flight and ask the gate agent to fly standby. If the seats are free they generally let you take the earlier flight. I do this all the time on business trips. I don't fly Jetblue so their rules may be different.
EXACTLY - they are not checking bags. Standby should be allowed.

Thats correct, I assumed it was same day. I guess "fly early" could mean a lot of different things :)

Yeah, the OP said that her friends are flying in tomorrow but have been willing to take an earlier flight since Sunday, which was 7/4.

I can see why JB wouldn't change their flights for free to have it occur on a holiday weekend...

Jet Blue does not have a travel waiver for MCO, therefore they will not waive a change fee/ price difference.

Attachments

• 34FABF03-A9AC-40A0-A78C-A5B5D958C14F.png
    34FABF03-A9AC-40A0-A78C-A5B5D958C14F.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 19
Just because you may see that seats are open on JetBlue, doesn't mean that the flight isn't full. Open seats can be used for people who have booked the basic fare (Blue Basic, expedia etc) without a seat assignment.
very true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter