JetBlue

I like the old boarding system over the new one. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Last edited:
book a more leg room gives you the right to board the plane after those who need assistance ;)

Didn't care for it. Felt it actually took longer to board the whole plane.

I also didn't like they made me check my carry on as there were too many on the plane. I purposely purchased an extra leg room seat for first access to the overhead bin. Next trip I will make sure to have a extra Magical Express tag on me should they make me check my carry on again.

I'd like to know if families on the same reservation are boarding together? I've heard several different things. My next trip it will be my entire family and I can't imagine not boarding together.

it seems messy. I usually get extra room so I can be in the front of the plane and the boarding was less smooth. The overhead bin situations are insane. People are bringing the kitchen sink with them. I think airlines in general need to readdress luggage charges.

Do they not board extra legroom seats before regular boarding anymore? Haven’t flown JB since they changed the boarding. But we usually get the extra leg room seats for both the room & the early boarding.

goofygal531 and SingingMom, Have either of you let JetBlue know about your experience and how you feel? That would aggravate me - and not much does.

I also didn't like they made me check my carry on as there were too many on the plane. I purposely purchased an extra leg room seat for first access to the overhead bin. Next trip I will make sure to have a extra Magical Express tag on me should they make me check my carry on again.

I'd like to know if families on the same reservation are boarding together? I've heard several different things. My next trip it will be my entire family and I can't imagine not boarding together.
They 'made' you gate check your bag?? I've never seen them do that...they always ask for volunteers. I've sat and watched as some people agreed to gate check. But at times, not enough do..nothing is ever said/done. But, if people board, towards the end of boarding, and there isn't room for the carry ons in the overheard, they then get gate checked. There is no way I would allow my bag to be gate checked automatically. Many times I have things in my carry on bag that are either fragile or valuable...don't want them out of my sight.

goofygal531 and SingingMom, Have either of you let JetBlue know about your experience and how you feel? That would aggravate me - and not much does.
Both times I've used the new boarding system it seems there are more people in the new "group A" may board, than when they used to announce "those who purchased extra space seats". I have sent my feedback to JetBlue but got no response. I fly once a month to visit my CM DD. I wish I knew someone with a private plane. :goodvibes

On the way out we all had the same boarding number and on the way back we had 3 different letters for 5 of us, the same for just about every family around us. It was a pain! We split up cause we needed 2 carryons in the overhead bin. We were in the back and had to put those several rows in front of us. The back few rows have no overhead space because it is used by the crew and for the snack baskets.

@goofy4tink Yes! They made me gate check my bag. I was furious as I have things in there I never part with. As I approached to board they were telling each party there wasn’t enough overhead space. They left my bag near the desk and to say I was freaking out is an understatement. I felt sick to my stomach that my bag would not be at JFK when I arrived.

It was and it was the first one off the baggage carousel. But I was paranoid the entire time until I received it!

The flight attendants were advising everyone after group A they needed to check their carry ons as they were entering the plane. They had tickets and tags for them at the plane door. I’ve never seen that done before.

They are cracking down on how many items each person has. You are permitted one personal item (purse or backpack) and one carry on. Many people departing Orlando think they can also carry a Disney bag full of souvenirs. You cannot. That’s what led them to take carry ons. Plus people were putting their backpacks and purses in the overhead bins! The flight attendants had to keep shifting and moving the items. These are supposed to be under your seat. This mess was on our flight home. Heading out of JFK, we had no issues with carry ons.

This trip was just my son and I. We had extra leg room and were in group A which is now a large group. The boarding goes:

Guests who need assistance
Mosaic
Extra leg room
With children
Then: B-C-D-E

There is no rhyme or reason how groups B-C-D-E are assigned. I’ve heard each letter is a seat like B is window, that might be why families on the same reservation are separated. However, online they state they will NOT separate anyone on the same reservation.

It’s a mess! I did let JetBlue know how I feel in my survey.

Be early to board. Have patience. Do NOT over stuff your carry on. I would suggest if possible board with one carry on per reservation and be prepared to gate check the rest.

Also, you may have a bag of take-out food with you. That’s still ok and does not count.

I still love JetBlue, we fly with them exclusively. The service inflight was fantastic as usual. I love the new planes with touch screen TVs. I did get to watch Three Billboards Outside of Ebbings Missouri on the flight home. My son watched Murder on the Orient Express :-) I needed to take my mind off my carry on bag!

When we were separated on our return home flight and were looking at our tickets and some of the families around us...(for that flight) it seemed like B was window seats, C middle seats and D was aisle. No idea who got E but there were only a couple people with them. They told everyone to board with there letter only or wait till end, not many people listened. It was a mess.

But on neither flight did the make anyone check a carryon before we boarded, only asked for volunteers. I think a lot of people show up with extra bags knowing they can check them for free at the gate.

I didn't like it because it wasn't enforced on our flight. There were people lining up and boarding even though their letters were not called. My son and I had middle seats and were C. My Dh and other son had aisle seats and they were D. I lined up the second they called C - only one person walked up before me- and there was only one spot in the overhead bin left and it was no where near our seat. I had been told the letters were based on seat position, window, then middle, then aisle, yet when I boarded as a middle seat person most of the aisle seats were filled already.

I was planning on flying Jetblue because my understanding was that they didn't separate families. I'm confused now reading this...has this changed? I'm uncomfortable with the thought of my son boarding alone, so if this has changed, I want to know because I will consider buying from a different airline.

Last time we flew JetBlue active military and families were able to board with the pre-board groups. Is this still the case with the new procedures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter