Jiko, best thing on the menu?

I guess we're in the minority...

We enjoyed the wild boar but thought the Inguday Tibs in Brik were better. I still dream about them! LOL

The lamb and short rib were outstanding. I enjoyed the filet but those two options were definitely better.

LOVE the Tibs in Brik! Can't wait to have it again in May!!

Wild boar tenderloin appetizer
Elk
Short Ribs
To be fair, we have been there multiple times, had different entrees each time and never had a bad meal.

Jiko is one of our top 3 restaurants on Property along with Il Mulino and Flying Fish. We were very concerned when the prior chef left that the location would suffer. It absolutely hasnt missed a beat. The Wild Boar can be ordered as an entree and is excellent. The Short Ribs and Curry are both also excellent. My wife was actually disappointed they took the elk off the menu but she has moved to the Short ribs or lamb.
You wont regret going to Jiko

Is the wild boar appetizer large enough for a person with a small appetite to order as an entree? Maybe along with the Jiko salad? I have a small appetite, and am looking for "small appetite" options.

Is the wild boar appetizer large enough for a person with a small appetite to order as an entree? Maybe along with the Jiko salad? I have a small appetite, and am looking for "small appetite" options.

The wild boar is VERY good but it is not a large appetizer, I can't imagine anybody could eat it as a meal.

In 8 trips we have never been to Jiko....but y’all had me at wild boar!! Always love it and elk, so I’m adding it to our 2021 list!!

And just in case anybody finds themselves in Yellowstone, the Obsidian room at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge has a fantastic sausage app trio (wild boar, duck, and bison) AND an awesome bison short rib that looks like it came from a brontosaurus!! LOL

Has anyone tried the bone in ribeye? I'm a bit of a picky eater but we are planning on going to Jiko for our October trip. I've always heard great things about the Filet, but not much about the ribeye.

Thanks!

My son and I's favorite used to be the ostrich app that they had. When they got rid of that, they added the wild boar and it became our favorite. My wife loves the Tour of Africa. The short rib is amazing and my wife loves the mac and cheese that comes with the fillet. I think all of us ended up with the short rib this year though.

I must admit we have never eaten at Jiko but I do dream of the Filget Mignon and Macaroni and Cheese - two of my favourite things. :)

I looked at the menu and the description didn’t really explain- what is Vulcan spiced fish? Sounds intriguing..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter