Jiko...Difficult to get there?

vanillarum

DIS Veteran
We have never been to Jiko, and are thinking of booking it for our trip in the fall. I have recently read that it is a little bit difficult to get there. Is this true? How do we get there? TIA. Happy New Year.

We Ubered over there and back from BWV. It was around $10? I think.
We did the same about a year ago from Boardwalk Inn. That's really the easiest way.

Another option would be to take transportation from your resort to a park or Disney Springs, and then take a bus from there to AKL. You'd save the money, but it would be time consuming and much harder to predict how long it will take to get there. For us, we were spending enough money on our Jiko dinner that an extra $10-20 on an uber/cab wasn't a big deal.

A few years ago we used Disney buses to get from our resort, Port Orleans to Boma which is also in AKL. It took us 90 minutes to get there and 90 minutes to return.

From any theme park or Disney Springs, it is not more complicated to get at Animal Kingdom Lodge than any other resort. But going from one resort to another resort may be time consuming because it involves one transfer.

I typically go at AKL directly from a theme park; then, if I don't go to a theme park for late night hours after the dinner, I pay a cab to return to my resort.

Quickest if you can plan a day at AK and then bus over. Jiko is visually appealing IMO. Food was above average, but not the best signature dining experience at WDW. Enjoy!

Quickest if you can plan a day at AK and then bus over. Jiko is visually appealing IMO. Food was above average, but not the best signature dining experience at WDW. Enjoy!
Unless you're seated in the side room, then it's not visually appealing at all.

We have never been to Jiko, and are thinking of booking it for our trip in the fall. I have recently read that it is a little bit difficult to get there. Is this true? How do we get there? TIA. Happy New Year.
"Difficult" is relative.

Resort-to-Resort can be difficult (time consuming) if using free Disney transportation.

There are 'Minnie Vans' (hosted on Uber app) that (I think) cost $20 flat-fee, or you can drive your family if you have a car.

However, if you are going from a Park, getting to AKLodge is as easy as getting to any Resort....but then you may have the hassle (difficulty) of getting back to your Resort. Lather, rinse, repeat.....

I'll offer my two-cents: Sanaa, with animals on the Savannah, is the more 'uniquely-Disney' place. And Tiffins also offers 'exotic flavors', albeit, inside Animal Kingdom Park (and is a 'Signature' like Jiko).

We love Jiko and stay at AKL partly because Jiko is there. The Wild Boar appetiser is outstanding and the filet among the very best I have had. The scallops also are very very good. What makes AKL a little more difficult to get to than other resorts is that the only Disney transportation to/from the resort are busses. There is no water transport or monorail like some other resorts. We have also taken cabs when going to a different resort for dinner and the time saved is well worth the cost (usually less than $20)

If you have a car, drive to AKL. Otherwise, Minne Van, taxi or Uber. Unless you are coming from a park to JIKO (which I don't suggest, we like to get cleaned up and change before going ), there is no direct way there using Disney transportation.

We usually either head directly from a park to AKL or take the bus to a park and transfer, and then take an Uber or Minnie Van to wherever home is that trip. Funny enough, both times we've used Minnie Van we've had the same cast member driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter