Jiko on arrival day - timing?

traveler000mkl

Earning My Ears
We are landing at MCO at 2pm and staying at AKL. I made a reservation at Jiko at 6:30pm, assuming that is plenty of time to take DME, check in and settle in. Would we be ok, barring any flight delays, obviously? Thoughts?

I see I can move it to 6:45 or 7:40 within MDX.. but 7:40 is kind of late for us for dinner (little ones)..

Worst case from reading around this board it would be landing at 2PM, deboarding at 2:30PM, getting to ME desk at 3PM, Leave MCO at 3:30PM, drop off other guests with 5PM arrival, long line at check in gets you to 5:30, get to room/drop everything off with the longest walk gets you to 6PM, and then 20 mins to walk back to the restaurant.

Others could chime in but seems like even if everything "went bad" you would still get their before your reservation.

Personally, I would move to 7:40.
We always plan a TS meal on the day of arrival, but we arrive about noon or 1 pm. Our ADR is still for 7 or later, just in case of problems, delays, etc.
I understand those who say the travel day is exhausting, but we enjoy a nice meal after all of that.

Thank you for all your thoughts! What happens if I book Jiko through Open table? Is there difference between MDX vs. OT reservation? I wouldn't have to pay cancellation for OT, right?

Thank you for all your thoughts! What happens if I book Jiko through Open table? Is there difference between MDX vs. OT reservation? I wouldn't have to pay cancellation for OT, right?

I have never used open table to make WDW reservations, but the platform can require a credit card for certain reservations, and in that case restaurant cancellation policies can be enforced via the opentable platform. You can try making the reservation via opentable and it would give you a message to that effect when creating the reservation.

Sounds ambitious with little ones. We just had a 4 hour delay into MCO last week. Luckily we had no plans that evening or else we would have been out of luck! If Jiko is a big priority, I would save it for another night of your trip if you are staying at AKL it should be easy to fit it in another night. On your arrival night I would plan to play it by ear.

This is exactly what I was going to recommend. First I think you're fine on timing from what you laid out, but Open Table gives you flexibility in case you change your mind. We have used it many times and there is no difference (other than Open Table sometimes has more times available which I've yet to understand). And you are absolutely correct there is no cancellation fee. Enjoy! Jiko is one of our favorite restaurants on property!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter