JIKO OR SANNA? And why please.

Jiko is amazing, I've never been to Saana, but would love to go to Jiko all the time it's so good.

Another vote for Jiko. But FWIW Tiffins is by far and away my favorite for that type of cuisine at WDW.

It doesn't matter. Just pick one. They are both outstanding restaurants, venues, experiences...
I am not trying to be dismissive. Just realistic. You can't go wrong with either.
I have eaten at both, several times. If I had to choose right now. I couldn't. I would just pick whichever one I could get an ADR at my time, or whichever one I didn't go to last time.

Honestly this is a tough choice. These are our 2 favorite places on property. It really depends on what you want. Jiko is an upscale, dress up, dinner experience. More like African inspired high cuisine. Sanna is more casual, closer to your typical Indian with curries over rice ect, but also some more adventurous things. The bread service is not to be missed. I love them both for what they have to offer.

Part of the appeal of Sanaa for me is being able to see the animals from the windows. For much of the year, you can only do that at lunch. The bread service is totally amazing.

So, if the meal is lunch, I'd pick Sanaa. If it's dinner, I would pick Jiko (even though I've never been there).

Jiko is one of, if not the best, meals we have had at WDW. It's unique, more upscale (but not stuffy!), service was perfect, and we love the atmosphere. I can't find anything similar to the menu locally.

Sanaa is very good but more standard Indian food. There is nothing on their menu that I can't find locally. Most Indian restaurants even offer great bread service ;) It's a beautiful restaurant but we have had mixed service in the past (it's just not as polished).

I don't think you can go wrong w either but Jiko would win that choice every single time.

If you are planning on going directly from a park, I would go with Sanaa. If you plan on freshening up before heading over to AKL I would go with Jiko. Jiko is our favorite Signature and Sanaa is our favorite standard TS (and Boma is our favorite buffet, not that you asked). So, IMO, you really can't go wrong with either restaurant. I personally wouldn't be comfortable in Jiko coming right from a park, which is why I would decide based on where I was coming from.

Sanaa is amazing, but I also LOVE Jiko. If you have younger kids, I'd advise you to go with Sanaa, as when I went to Jiko, the younger kids in my party didn't like it too much, but if you have kids, they may be different!

Jiko is one of, if not the best, meals we have had at WDW. It's unique, more upscale (but not stuffy!), service was perfect, and we love the atmosphere. I can't find anything similar to the menu locally.

Sanaa is very good but more standard Indian food. There is nothing on their menu that I can't find locally. Most Indian restaurants even offer great bread service ;) It's a beautiful restaurant but we have had mixed service in the past (it's just not as polished).

I don't think you can go wrong w either but Jiko would win that choice every single time.

This is how I feel too. I like Sanaa for lunch better than dinner to be honest because the menu appeals to me more, and you can see the animals.

Both I would say are loosely inspired by their respective ethnic cuisines (African for Jiko and Indian for Sanaa) which is fine, but I prefer true Indian to the Indian inspired that Sanaa does. The food is good, don't get me wrong, but when I want butter chicken Sanaa's version is not what I think of and crave.

Another vote for the "you can't go wrong" category but if I had to choose I would go Jiko every time. It is definitely one of the best meals I have had on property.

Both are very good. You won't go wrong with either one.
Sanaa is very good, but you have to like Indian inspired food and curry for many of their dishes. Their bread service is amazing if you like Naan.
Jiko is one of our favorite restaurants. A nice variety of menu items with an african inspiration. Another vote for one of the best restaurants at WDW.

As others have mentioned, Jiko is a dining experience not to be missed. It is by far our favorite restaurant in Disney and even beyond. We tried Sanaa once, and while the view of the animals was cool, the food didn't compare to Indian restaurants at home.

Ditto to votes for Jiko, one of the best dining experiences my DFi and I have had! Food, customer service, atmosphere, all were great!
DFi usually hates paying above average on "dining experiences" and especially disliked having to tip on our trip (we're Australians) but he had no problem and happily tipped more than usual for our meal :rotfl:

Probably my two favorite restaurants on property - which seems to be a popular opinion. I'd say go with Sanaa if you love Indian food and Jiko if you don't. The bill will probably be a little at Sanaa but the food at each is so good I wouldn't let that sway you much one way or the other.

It doesn't matter. Just pick one. They are both outstanding restaurants, venues, experiences...
I am not trying to be dismissive. Just realistic. You can't go wrong with either.
I have eaten at both, several times. If I had to choose right now. I couldn't. I would just pick whichever one I could get an ADR at my time, or whichever one I didn't go to last time.

Agreed. They are both fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter