JIko tonight

NJFireman22

Mouseketeer
I took my lovely DW for her birthday to Jiko tonight, I must say the place is
lovely. The smell of the wood burning grill was awsome. Our server Tommy was just outstanding, he made a few recomendations.
We decided on a appetizer the taste of Africa, which was a right choice. All the tastes were just wonderful I really loved the lamb, my DW thought the lentles were the best. I would have to agree it was all good :thumbsup2
My DW chose the pork tenderloin, I had the Filet. All we both could say
was MMMMMMMMMMM for about 5 min :goodvibes My Filet was prepared perfectly, I really dont think I needed a knife it was so tender, I could taste a hint of the wood smoke from the grill. The Mac and Cheese ( which I questioned at first?) actually helped make the dish so tasty, along with the wine reduction, made it perfect.
DWs Pork tenderloin as she put was WOW :woohoo: so tender with just the right amount of grill char, and the dumplings were outstanding also.
As we were thinking of having some desert, Tommy brings out a crem brulee
with a candel, a birthday card singed by the staff for my DW, I thought what A nice touch. The Crem brulee was as my DW said "YUMMY" I would have to agree with that for sure.
I know now we have found our favorite place in Disney, everything was just great they couldnt have done anymore for us.
We give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Do you recall if the pork/duck firecracker appitizer has been reinstated to the menu? Thanks.
pirate:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Glad you had a great dinner at Jiko! It's one of our favorites! :thumbsup2
Thanks for the review!

-Michelle

Lot's of posters really like Jiko, but is it worth 2 TS credits? Would you pick it over Narcoose's or Flying Fish?

Pete its time to give up the good fight for the duck firecracker,;) . You make me sad i never tried it.

I think Jiko is worh 2 TS however if you want lobster your better off at Narcosse's., INHO! look at the menu and decide.

I know, I know, I just won't return until it does so I keep asking. I've returned a few times since they replaced their signature dish (the monk fish) but this is the proverbial straw for me. :sad1:
pirate:

Thanks for the review. The pistachio creme brulee is out of this world!! We went to Jiko for the first time last year and it is now on our "must go" lists. It is 2 TS credits on the dining plan, but definitely worth it. Haven't been to Citrico's, but I would definitely pick Jiko over Flying Fish. JMHO

I've never tried Jiko, but after numerous recomendations fom the DIS i think i may have to add to my next visit. :surfweb:

Thanks for the review! We have ADR for this next trip & were considering changing to Bistro de Paris. (closer to BC) DH decided he wanted to keep Jiko, can't wait to try it now!

Thanks for the review, Jiko is my favorite restaurant and I'm really looking forward to my meal there soon! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter