Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party worst experience EVER at a Disney park

catherine

<font color=red>Hey not fair, you guys already hav
We had the unfortunate experience of attending a Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert party on the 11th Nov!! We arrived at our check in time of 7pm and we were given our table numbers (we had two tables as there were 6 of us). So after we figured out were our tables were we found that both tables were occupied, we confirmed that the other guests were at the right tables and then proceeded to go back to check in, were we were told that our tables had been double booked. We weren't surprised as the party ahead of us had the same experience and when we got back to check in the CM was trying to sort out another party who had also been double booked! So were kept waiting for 30 minutes while they tried to sort something out. When the coordinator finally came to speak to us at 7.30 she informed us that the check in had been open since 7 and it was now 7.30 like it was somehow our fault! I did point out that we had been stood there waiting for 30 minutes and I didn't see much point in doing the dessert party when we had to go and see the fireworks at 7.45 and I asked if we could just cancel and have a refund! She assured us that we would have a great table and they would box us up some desserts to take with us. My two Granddaughters (2 & 5) were getting very upset at this point so we decided to stay. We were put right at the very back of rows of people so it was very difficult get out and back to our table, there was literally no way to move unless we had other guests move out of the way! We got no boxed up desserts and we were that upset that we didn't even bother to stay and watch the fireworks and to add insult to injury the photos of my Granddaughters meeting Santa Goofy are not in my Photopass account! I have to say I've done lots of different activities with Disney and they've all been really well organised and enjoyable, this experience on the other had was disorganised and a waste of our time and money!!

Sorry for the long post I just want to let people know, who are researching the different dessert parties etc that they want to spend their money on, about our experience

Is Disney so greedy that they now double book experiences, hoping for no shows or people that won't complain?

Is Disney so greedy that they now double book experiences, hoping for no shows or people that won't complain?

Here we go. It didn't take long for this type of post.

OP: I hope you contacted guest services immediately and I am sorry you had this experience. I'm sure it was an off night. This is not something that regularly happens with these events. I've been to the party and had a wonderful time. I do hope you are able to get a refund.

Sounds like someone made a big error. We did the After Fireworks Dessert Party a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see how manual and paper laden the process was. The CM I checked in with had a paper sheet with everyone's reservations, he highlighted them as we checked in, and then had a separate paper with a handwritten seating chart. There were also about 3 other CMs crowding around the host stand, trying to help other guests and reference the same papers. We didn't have any of the issues the OP described, but it just seemed disorganized. One would think a company like Disney would have this stuff down to a science by now.

Sounds like someone made a big error. We did the After Fireworks Dessert Party a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see how manual and paper laden the process was. The CM I checked in with had a paper sheet with everyone's reservations, he highlighted them as we checked in, and then had a separate paper with a handwritten seating chart. There were also about 3 other CMs crowding around the host stand, trying to help other guests and reference the same papers. We didn't have any of the issues the OP described, but it just seemed disorganized. One would think a company like Disney would have this stuff down to a science by now.
They tried putting it on the MDE system but it was down too often to be useful.

j/k

Here we go. It didn't take long for this type of post.

OP: I hope you contacted guest services immediately and I am sorry you had this experience. I'm sure it was an off night. This is not something that regularly happens with these events. I've been to the party and had a wonderful time. I do hope you are able to get a refund.
I agree, it must have been an off night, or some sort of glitch. We have done this particular party the last two years and it was one of the best dessert parties we have ever done. In fact, we liked it so much we are booked again this year in December. So sorry this happened to you and I hope you follow-up with Disney, you definitely deserve a refund.

I am not normally a complainer, however in your circimstance I would be providing feedback ASAP/ Please share your experience with the above email and ask for a refund. There was no excuse for that mess.

OP as others have suggested I hope you have reached out to guest relations and told them about your experience
I've done many paid extras, this one included, and never have had am issue. This party in particular has been reviewed here in the past three years and it's been mostly positive. I'm sure it was just an off night and not something that is the norm

I'm sorry the party didn't work out in your favor and I hope you get an answer back from Disney about it

We had the unfortunate experience of attending a Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert party on the 11th Nov!! We arrived at our check in time of 7pm and we were given our table numbers (we had two tables as there were 6 of us). So after we figured out were our tables were we found that both tables were occupied, we confirmed that the other guests were at the right tables and then proceeded to go back to check in, were we were told that our tables had been double booked. We weren't surprised as the party ahead of us had the same experience and when we got back to check in the CM was trying to sort out another party who had also been double booked! So were kept waiting for 30 minutes while they tried to sort something out. When the coordinator finally came to speak to us at 7.30 she informed us that the check in had been open since 7 and it was now 7.30 like it was somehow our fault! I did point out that we had been stood there waiting for 30 minutes and I didn't see much point in doing the dessert party when we had to go and see the fireworks at 7.45 and I asked if we could just cancel and have a refund! She assured us that we would have a great table and they would box us up some desserts to take with us. My two Granddaughters (2 & 5) were getting very upset at this point so we decided to stay. We were put right at the very back of rows of people so it was very difficult get out and back to our table, there was literally no way to move unless we had other guests move out of the way! We got no boxed up desserts and we were that upset that we didn't even bother to stay and watch the fireworks and to add insult to injury the photos of my Granddaughters meeting Santa Goofy are not in my Photopass account! I have to say I've done lots of different activities with Disney and they've all been really well organised and enjoyable, this experience on the other had was disorganised and a waste of our time and money!!

Sorry for the long post I just want to let people know, who are researching the different dessert parties etc that they want to spend their money on, about our experience
You should email Disney and tell them exactly what happened. So many fails here!
You should not only get a refund, but you should get a complimentary dessert party of your choice for the same number of guests next time you are at Disney World. Getting your money back does not make this go away. It’s forever in your memory and they need to swap it for a good memory.

We were in WDW that day as well and I have say, out of all the trips I've taken, it was the busiest I've ever seen it. We arrived Friday 11/9 and left Friday 11/16. The long weekend dates (11/9-11/12) were especially crazy. It does not in any way excuse your bad experience but I will say I'm not surprised to read this. It seemed like the entire place was busting at the seams.

I guess I don't understand how a dessert party gets double-booked. I would definitely contact Guest Services and demand a refund. Standing around for 30 minutes when you were expecting to be sitting/relaxing and eating desserts means you didn't get what you paid for.

I hope you get the satisfaction you deserve!

We had a very positive experience at that dessert party 2 years ago. I am sorry yours was so disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter