• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

I know some corporate weenie says "hey this way, folks will have to come back again to see the stuff they miss!" but that's just not always do-able. I'd love to pop back down for DS to see it--but we live 12 hours away and are going to Aulani next year (not to mention I left my kids at home for the SW Half in April!!) so can't really swing another trip. I get tired of making plans months in advance and having stuff yanked away less than 60 days out!! Thanks for letting me vent >:(

Believe me, I feel your pain!! :scared:

I know some corporate weenie says "hey this way, folks will have to come back again to see the stuff they miss!" but that's just not always do-able. I'd love to pop back down for DS to see it--but we live 12 hours away and are going to Aulani next year (not to mention I left my kids at home for the SW Half in April!!) so can't really swing another trip. I get tired of making plans months in advance and having stuff yanked away less than 60 days out!! Thanks for letting me vent >:(
I won't be back for another three to four years too and am disappointed I won't be able to see this. But that's Disney these days I guess. I'm happy there is something at least. (And that my son is too young to know what he's missing)

Without changing our plans, the night that works best for us doesn't have a dessert party (Nov. 16). I wonder how early we should plan to be there for a reasonably good spot? And a good spot would be where? Thanks to anyone able to answer! :)

I totally agree. I live on the other side of the US, and was looking forward to the SWaGS show during the only chance that I will have to go to Orlando. I've been checking the SwaGS dessert party for every day for the ADR to show up for early December until yesterday, when they announced the Jingle Bell thing. So now I will never see the Star Wars show. :furious:

Sorry if it's been covered already but what are the best viewing locations for this? I haven't seen the Star Wars show yet so other than "dead center" I have no clue where the best spots would be.

Sorry if it's been covered already but what are the best viewing locations for this? I haven't seen the Star Wars show yet so other than "dead center" I have no clue where the best spots would be.

well for this, nobody knows yet as it might not do all the thigns that star wars does with fireworks on the sides and trees lighting up and laser lights you can't really see if your too close. there was 2 towers (I call them boxes) built at the rear of the "hub area" near the end the of the street. somewhere around them I find good and I like to be closer or in front of the one to the left if your facing the great movie ride. just watch the trees as there is a very narrow spot where you can actually see everything.

There is one plus that has been happening with the star wars shows. the people in roughly that area are sitting down waiting so they take up the room of 2-3 people. about 10 minutes prior they stand up and get told to move forward. it's very easy to just wait on the sidelines near brown derby, watch for the cm to tell everyone to stand and then slip yourself into a great spot in the back because they took up less room standing so 2-3 times more people can fit in the middle. I'm crossing my fingers this trick still works when this holiday show starts.

Without changing our plans, the night that works best for us doesn't have a dessert party (Nov. 16). I wonder how early we should plan to be there for a reasonably good spot? And a good spot would be where? Thanks to anyone able to answer! :)

It looks very similar to the current Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular show, projections on the Chinese Theater, Fireworks off center to the right. Here are pictures I have taken from SWaGS and the best spot
They leave a walkway open from Launch Bay to Hyperion Theater so the best spot will be along that walkway so that you have a buffer of empty space. Also you don't want to be too far to the right cause you will miss the fireworks and you don't want to be too forward cause you will miss the projections on the side screens
13645118_10210219256143623_8269766534197474067_n.jpg

Best spots are along the walkway, so where the lady on the ECV is or in front of the walkway where the red stroller is.
13775827_10210198946835903_6714742467122132047_n.jpg

Early picture (2 hours before the show) from that same spot where the ECV is in the prior picture.I was sitting down
14690883_10210981471238524_1180079868722084644_n.jpg

As to how far in advance it will depend on your dates and crowd level. For example, yesterday I was with a group of friends that hadn't seen the SW show but they were also doing CV so my daughter and I saved the best spots for them. We got our spots at 6:15pm for the 8pm show and this front line was almost all taken, it got full by 7pm I am short so I don't mind waiting a long time for a spot if it means I won't have to worry about tall people in front of me
As long as you can see the Chinese Theater and the 2 screens on each side you are good
It is unclear where the dessert party viewing spot will be but if it's the same as the SWaGA one you can see the roped off area on the first pic
There are no reserved viewing area for wheel chair parties in general seating, only if you have the dessert party booked, not sure if that will change with the JBJB show
Hope this helps

It looks very similar to the current Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular show, projections on the Chinese Theater, Fireworks off center to the right. Here are pictures I have taken from SWaGS and the best spot
They leave a walkway open from Launch Bay to Hyperion Theater so the best spot will be along that walkway so that you have a buffer of empty space. Also you don't want to be too far to the right cause you will miss the fireworks and you don't want to be too forward cause you will miss the projections on the side screens

Best spots are along the walkway, so where the lady on the ECV is or in front of the walkway where the red stroller is.

Early picture (2 hours before the show) from that same spot where the ECV is in the prior picture.I was sitting down

As to how far in advance it will depend on your dates and crowd level. For example, yesterday I was with a group of friends that hadn't seen the SW show but they were also doing CV so my daughter and I saved the best spots for them. We got our spots at 6:15pm for the 8pm show and this front line was almost all taken, it got full by 7pm I am short so I don't mind waiting a long time for a spot if it means I won't have to worry about tall people in front of me
As long as you can see the Chinese Theater and the 2 screens on each side you are good
It is unclear where the dessert party viewing spot will be but if it's the same as the SWaGA one you can see the roped off area on the first pic
There are no reserved viewing area for wheel chair parties in general seating, only if you have the dessert party booked, not sure if that will change with the JBJB show
Hope this helps
Thank you very much, Yulilin3; I really appreciate it!!!! :)

I have friends that work at GMR and were thinking that the attraction would have to close early due to the dessert party but the schedule is out for the attraction and it looks like it will operate until closing time.
They have no clue how the outdoor/indoor setup will work

Last edited:

Hope this helps

Thank you! This is very helpful! It's so hard to know if you haven't been there for a few years.

We also were looking forward to the Star Wars show. My hubby was pretty bummed but I'm sure the Christmas show will be amazing. We will just be thrilled to be there!

Just scheduled a last minute 3 night trip for December! Now I just need to get this dessert party for the 9th or the 10th. They were booked when I called last night, but I will keep trying! My mom just had foot surgery and will be on an ECV, so I was hoping for dessert party to give her a better chance to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter