JL leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the loss of The Trip and her all around absence of late, I had a feeling this was coming. Sorry to see her go. I would watch her read the phone book. Best wishes to her. I'm sure she has something wonderful lined up.

I mentioned this during he show, but I couldn't fit it in too well.
I would watch her read the phone book. Best wishes to her. I'm sure she has something wonderful lined up.
You got me there.

She was the glue to UO. As I said during the show, she keeps it on the tracks (well kind of). She can obviously get work as a TV news anchor and has been a contributer on local news shows. I was concerned she was moving to be closer to her BF as part of an exchange program for Oliver.

I will wish her and her family well, but I will miss seeing her and trying her keep her keep Ryno on task.

oh no - didn't get to watch the Universal show but this is really sad. For lack of a better word I feel like she brought so much heart to the podcasts and the team in general

I am sure she is moving onto great thing but she will be missed for sure!

First Shaunathan, Steve, now JL. Why can't The Dis keep good people that we grow to love? smh...sad day.

don't forget Dustin!

Well, I am sure the quality work they do on the show makes them attractive to other employers - plus at least for Shaun, Dustin, and Steve they are rather young and now is the time to try new things so I get it .... I don't have to like it, but I get it

What?! I haven't watched either but wow this is surprising to me. I wish her the best no doubt but I wonder where she will be going next.

don't forget Dustin!

Well, I am sure the quality work they do on the show makes them attractive to other employers - plus at least for Shaun, Dustin, and Steve they are rather young and now is the time to try new things so I get it .... I don't have to like it, but I get it
How could I forget Dustin!!! smh :'-(

This is possibly the worst news I could hear in relation to the DIS, outside of them completely shutting up operations altogether.
I connected with JL first out of the whole team.
I started listening back in 2014 when she was hosting (I think I heard one or two eps before that) and I think that's why I connected with her.
She's funny and witty, but also professional.

This is devastating.

**RANT WARNING**

Because people are entitled to have lives and move on with their careers?

Don't get me wrong, I miss Steve, and I will miss JL. I started listening too recently to really miss Dustin or Shaun. But I also understand that people come and go, and there can be a lot of reasons for that. I really hate this attitude of "we love them, why couldn't they stay?" I know people aren't saying to be self-important, and our disappointment is because we genuinely enjoy seeing these people's faces and hearing their voices, but ... people move on. It's the way life works. You don't gain anything by dwelling on the past or being surprised when people choose to move on. Each person on the team needs to make the choice that is best for them, and even if you don't like it, if, as you say, you have grown to love them, you should accept (and support) their decision.

**RANT OVER**
Right but I stayed at my job for many many years. And I think you can calm down. I meant it as a compliment to the talent and their hard work for the Dis.

Right but I stayed at my job for many many years. And I think you can calm down. I meant it as a compliment to the talent and their hard work for the Dis.

Not sure why your work history is relevant, but ... good for you.
And I'll stop here, because while I did want to express my opinion on the way some people react to the departure of team members, my intention was not to start any sort of argument (hence my warning that it was a rant - I (apparently mistakenly) figured that people wouldn't see a need to respond to a rant), and if it's going along that path, I'm bowing out.

Thank you, everyone. I just remembered why I try not to get involved in internet conversation. It's something I forget, so I needed the reminder.
And yes, that was a genuine thank you, even though I'm sure you all think it was sarcastic.

Goodness, such drama, like chat today when someone made up a theory on why The Trip was cancelled.

JL, I hope you're leaving because you found something that will grow your career further or will work better for your family. You're strong, courageous, and steadfast in your beliefs. I truly admire you. We've talked about it before, but you've given me hope for the future, the belief that love exists, and been someone I really look up to. Nothing but best wishes for you as you move forward.

I presume someone in media identified JL just like Pete did when he brought her in to the DIS. (Just a guess). For my part I found her to be a delightful addition to the podcasts/daily fix, and I will miss her contributions there. Best of luck to JL and her family!

Ed

:sad:

Good wishes JL................have a magical time where ever you may be now and always!

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter