• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jodi Arias penalty phase retrial begins Monday, 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
Hope another thread is OK with everyone. ;) The last thread, from last year, got to 250 pages and was closed, I think. This should be the VERY LAST THREAD. :cheer2:

Jury selection starts Monday, 9/29.

The trial will be recorded, but not aired until after the penalty phase verdict is in, or if there is no verdict reached, the judge sentences her. Meanwhile, reporters can tweet and report on the trial.

I think I heard that the penalty phase should take about 5 weeks, but from what we know of JA's trial, and actually getting to the start of this phase again, the defense are pros at delays, so we'll see. I think there were more delays and sidebars during the original 5 months than actual testimony.

I hope for the sake of Travis Alexander's family this is finally the end. Although as long as JA can speak through other people from prison, it will never end. Even if she is given the death penalty, until/unless it's carried out, JA will do everything in her power to punish that poor family. :sad2:

Tonight starting at 7 PM with Jane Valez-Mitchell, there will be special reports about JA and the crime. Any volunteers to watch HLN and report back? Anyone? :rolleyes1 Should we assign people to watch each show, spread the pain out? ;) J/K. I might record them (so I can FF!) to see if there's anything new about this phase or if it's just a rehash of the crime and the murderer. If there's anything "new" I'll let you know. All donations for my pain and suffering graciously accepted. ;) But if anyone else DOES watch, please feel free to fill us in!

UR, get off that mower and start serving up pretty drinks! We'll need them! :crazy2:

Thanks for starting our thread, Mare!! :thumbsup2
Just finished mowing and showering.

alcohol.jpg

Hope another thread is OK with everyone. ;) The last thread, from last year, got to 250 pages and was closed, I think. This should be the VERY LAST THREAD. :cheer2:

Jury selection starts Monday, 9/29.

The trial will be recorded, but not aired until after the penalty phase verdict is in, or if there is no verdict reached, the judge sentences her. Meanwhile, reporters can tweet and report on the trial.

I think I heard that the penalty phase should take about 5 weeks, but from what we know of JA's trial, and actually getting to the start of this phase again, the defense are pros at delays, so we'll see. I think there were more delays and sidebars during the original 5 months than actual testimony.

I hope for the sake of Travis Alexander's family this is finally the end. Although as long as JA can speak through other people from prison, it will never end. Even if she is given the death penalty, until/unless it's carried out, JA will do everything in her power to punish that poor family. :sad2:

Tonight starting at 7 PM with Jane Valez-Mitchell, there will be special reports about JA and the crime. Any volunteers to watch HLN and report back? Anyone? :rolleyes1 Should we assign people to watch each show, spread the pain out? ;) J/K. I might record them (so I can FF!) to see if there's anything new about this phase or if it's just a rehash of the crime and the murderer. If there's anything "new" I'll let you know. All donations for my pain and suffering graciously accepted. ;) But if anyone else DOES watch, please feel free to fill us in!

UR, get off that mower and start serving up pretty drinks! We'll need them! :crazy2:

Thanks Mare.
Let's HOPE it is the last of Jodes.

UR, thanks :hyper:

Thanks Mare.
Let's HOPE it is the last of Jodes.

UR, thanks :hyper:

Hey crz4mm2, you up to full speed these days, all recuperated? :goodvibes

And I read on Twitter the glasses sold for $1,000, don't know that it's true, haven't seen any organization acknowledge any donation from the proceeds.

:dance3: I am here. I can't do JVM today as I will be busy. But other things I can do. Or split with people. In case they don't tweet hopefully I can get any info and post it..

Thanks Mare!!

Remember UR my drinks must remain virgin….:lmao:

Pics needed of you mowing in fast motion….:lmao:

The state of Arizona is taking a second shot at the death penalty for Jodi Arias. Jury selection begins Monday morning in Maricopa County.

Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi argued today against media being allowed to report on the jury selection process. There is an overflow room that reporters were allowed to set up in order to keep the public informed on the progress of jury selection. The judge ruled in the favor of the defense, therefore, there will be no real-time reporting.

Jodi Arias was convicted in May of last year of first degree murder. Her victim, Travis Alexander, had an on-again-off-again relationship with Jodi. When she feared she could no longer have him, she shot him in the head and stabbed him over two dozen times.

It took a jury nearly 15 hours to agree on a guilty verdict. However, when it came time for them to decide whether she would receive life in prison or the death penalty, the jury could not come to an agreement, resulting in a hung jury.

Judge Sherry Stephens has ruled that the sentencing phase will not be shown live. She is allowing recording and releasing of the video after the verdict. The public will rely on reporters tweeting from the courtroom and articles written at day's end to keep up with this highly publicized case.

Hey crz4mm2, you up to full speed these days, all recuperated? :goodvibes

And I read on Twitter the glasses sold for $1,000, don't know that it's true, haven't seen any organization acknowledge any donation from the proceeds.

Pretty much. Been 4 weeks now. I still can't wear a helmet (so can't ride the motorcycle) but he told me I could do whatever else I wanted to do. Neck is still a bit stiff.... Back to work full time and full time call :sick::mad:
THanks for asking :)

Yummy looking drinks UR! And since they're virtual beverages, I'll just pretend they're low carb. :)

Could you imagine if the change of venue had been granted? That would certainly delay things. Why were they doing that now? (To delay things?) Anyone know what the cartoon was?
Pretty much. Been 4 weeks now. I still can't wear a helmet (so can't ride the motorcycle) but he told me I could do whatever else I wanted to do. Neck is still a bit stiff.... Back to work full time and full time call :sick::mad:
Ugh, I remember seeing that people were asking about how you were doing on the old thread, but didn't go back and look (hated the DIS app!), but always meant to. What was the surgery? Disc? You ride motorcycles? I rode on my DH's motorcycle once, over 30 years ago, for 9/10 of a mile...from my apartment to his house. Then I made him drive me home in his car. Yes, my name is Mare and I'm a weanie.

Oh good, glad to hear it. I'm sure it's well worth it compared to the constant pain. And you know, time does fly so it'll be no time before you'll be sporting your helmet. ;)

:dance3: I am here. I can't do JVM today as I will be busy. But other things I can do. Or split with people. In case they don't tweet hopefully I can get any info and post it..

Thanks Mare!!

Remember UR my drinks must remain virgin….:lmao:

Pics needed of you mowing in fast motion….:lmao:

Oh, definitely on your virgin drinks. :thumbsup2

I can't do JVM or HLN sober or drunk so my drinks don't matter. :lmao:

I'm going to try to compile a list of the locals who are attending the trial to follow on Twitter and I'll add them to this post when I get them.

Yummy looking drinks UR! And since they're virtual beverages, I'll just pretend they're low carb. :)

Could you imagine if the change of venue had been granted? That would certainly delay things. Why were they doing that now? (To delay things?) Anyone know what the cartoon was? Ugh, I remember seeing that people were asking about how you were doing on the old thread, but didn't go back and look (hated the DIS app!), but always meant to. What was the surgery? Disc? You ride motorcycles? I rode on my DH's motorcycle once, over 30 years ago, for 9/10 of a mile...from my apartment to his house. Then I made him drive me home in his car. Yes, my name is Mare and I'm a weanie.
I had a herniated disc at C6-7. It was a "bad" one according to the doc. They removed it and did a fusion. Doc wanted to put in a replacement disc, but my insurance said no....
LOL about the motorcycle. We have a big ole Harley. DH drives, I sit back and enjoy the ride :yay:

Oh good, glad to hear it. I'm sure it's well worth it compared to the constant pain. And you know, time does fly so it'll be no time before you'll be sporting your helmet. ;)

I'm going to try to compile a list of the locals who are attending the trial to follow on Twitter and I'll add them to this post when I get them.
It is WELL worth it. THe pain was horrendous. Doc said 6 months :) so it iwll be next year..... (winter will be here LONG before 6 months comes).

Thank you! :thumbsup2

Tonight (Friday) on HLN TV: Jodi Arias: Exposed.

7:00PM (EDT) Secret Lives With Jane Velez-Mitchell Jodi Arias

8:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Caught on Tape Part 1

9:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Caught on Tape Part 2

10:00PM Nancy Grace Inside Jodi Arias' Secret Diaries

11:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Exposed: Jailhouse Interviews After Arrest

JUST SAYIN'!

Nancy and Jane must be downright...um...excited! ;)

I had a herniated disc at C6-7. It was a "bad" one according to the doc. They removed it and did a fusion. Doc wanted to put in a replacement disc, but my insurance said no....
LOL about the motorcycle. We have a big ole Harley. DH drives, I sit back and enjoy the ride :yay:

It is WELL worth it. THe pain was horrendous. Doc said 6 months :) so it iwll be next year..... (winter will be here LONG before 6 months comes).
So it sounds like you're doing pretty well?! That's great, although recovery can be a drag. My mom had a meningioma on the back of her neck (undiagnosed for 3 years) and I know what she went through with neck pain/stiffness. Tough place to have pain. :hug:

Thank you! :thumbsup2

Tonight (Friday) on HLN TV: Jodi Arias: Exposed.

7:00PM (EDT) Secret Lives With Jane Velez-Mitchell Jodi Arias

8:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Caught on Tape Part 1

9:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Caught on Tape Part 2

10:00PM Nancy Grace Inside Jodi Arias' Secret Diaries

11:00PM Nancy Grace Jodi Arias Exposed: Jailhouse Interviews After Arrest

JUST SAYIN'!

Nancy and Jane must be downright...um...excited! ;)

Damn, those sound good although I think we know just as much about Jodi as Jane and Nancy. And yes, I'm sure they're... excited! LOL

Hell, I'm excited this trial is finally beginning! :lmao:

So it sounds like you're doing pretty well?! That's great, although recovery can be a drag. My mom had a meningioma on the back of her neck (undiagnosed for 3 years) and I know what she went through with neck pain/stiffness. Tough place to have pain. :hug:

I seriously know why people get hooked on pain meds now. I HAD to take them to function.. IT was ridiculous. I haven't had any since two days post op!! :dance3:

I hope your Mom is better now :)

I seriously know why people get hooked on pain meds now. I HAD to take them to function.. IT was ridiculous. I haven't had any since two days post op!! :dance3:

I hope your Mom is better now :)

:hug:

And not taking them now: :dance3: I'm so happy for you! :goodvibes

Subscribing.

Hope Arias gets the DP, although I'm okay with LWOP. I hope the trial moves along quickly!!! Bummed that it's not being live-streamed.

So glad you are doing better and having a speedy recovery! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I am glad you are back to work, I would love to make a paycheck. Just take it easy. Glad your here.:goodvibes

Subscribing.

Hope Arias gets the DP, although I'm okay with LWOP. I hope the trial moves along quickly!!! Bummed that it's not being live-streamed.

So glad you are doing better and having a speedy recovery! :goodvibes:goodvibes
Thanks! I am glad it has gone so well. :)

I am glad you are back to work, I would love to make a paycheck. Just take it easy. Glad your here.:goodvibes
I am not doing anything that even acts like it might hurt! I don't want to mess anything up. :scared1: I'm glad to be back to semi-normal! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter