Johnny Depp fans from way back?

Briarprincess

Disney Movie Buff and Future Special Education Tea
Any one else notice that since "Pirates" came out, a lot of people are claiming to be such a huge fan of his? I don't mean that they're not, but I was just wondering how many people had seen at least two of his other movies before and were already a fan of his work, not just looks...

I know I wanted to see more of his acting once I saw Platoon, Cry Baby and Edward Scissorhands....

Just wondering what everyone else thought. pirate:

I've complained about this a few times... but its hard to debate an issue with little girls who also swear Orlando Bloom is good looking.. *rolls eyes*

I've been a fan since What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Another thing that kills me is that these people aren't even old enough to buy a ticket to see most of his movies! Platoon, Donnie Brasco, Blow, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Ed Wood, In Hell... all are rated R.

Exactly. I know so many people who if you ask them to name two movies from before say 1997, or even 1999, they have no clue.

By far though, my favorites have to be What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (a fan of Dicaprio and Depp's outstanding performance together), Cry Baby just because it's the style of movie I love the most, and Edward Scissorhands because it is just such a good movie/story.

Briarprincess said:
By far though, my favorites have to be What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (a fan of Dicaprio and Depp's outstanding performance together),.

If I remember correctly Dicaprio was nominated for an oscar as best supporting actor for this.

He did a great job.

WDWHunk said:
If I remember correctly Dicaprio was nominated for an oscar as best supporting actor for this.

He did a great job.

He really did. His performance is actually a factor in why I'm going to school is to become a special education teacher.

i LOVE cry baby. It's such a corny movie, but it's great. and Johnny is great in it! lol

Never seen Gilbert Grape, but i have been wanting to (seeing as I love Johnny and Leo)

Benny & joon
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Donnie Brasco
Edward Scissorhands
Blow
What's eating gilbert grape
Don Juan De Marco
Nick of time
Sleepy Hollow
Chocolat
Dead Man
The austronaut's wife
21 junp street (show)
Ed wood (show)
Cry Baby
Arizona Dream
Independents
From Hell
The man who cried
Once upon a time in mexico

DisneyGirl421 said:
i LOVE cry baby. It's such a corny movie, but it's great. and Johnny is great in it! lol

Never seen Gilbert Grape, but i have been wanting to (seeing as I love Johnny and Leo)

I second that! Only I have seen Gilbert Grape, and it was sad, but it was very good.

disney52676 said:
Benny & joon
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Donnie Brasco
Edward Scissorhands
Blow
What's eating gilbert grape
Don Juan De Marco
Nick of time
Sleepy Hollow
Chocolat
Dead Man
The austronaut's wife
21 junp street (show)
Ed wood (show)
Cry Baby
Arizona Dream
Independents
From Hell
The man who cried
Once upon a time in mexico

LOL I forgot about Ed Wood. Wasn't he GREAT in that? It was a movie, not a show though right? And Gilbert Grape was just a terrific movie!

Of course, the fact that he's adorable doesn't hurt either. Even in that scruffy pirate getup I still thought he looked WAY better than Orlando Bloom. I just don't think they could make that man look bad. :lovestruc

I read that they're going to add a few images of him to PoTC. Won't bother me at all!

I've been a fan for a while. What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon, and FInding Neverland are a few of my favourite movies of all time.

You were probably referring to me David. I do find Olrando Bloom attractive, but I have no idea what he has to do with much of this post.

I actually just picked up a copy of Donnie Brasco on DVD at Walmart for under $10 the other day. Love the extra features they have on it.

I loved Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands, and I am huge fan of Pirates too pirate:

Briarprincess said:
Any one else notice that since "Pirates" came out, a lot of people are claiming to be such a huge fan of his? I don't mean that they're not, but I was just wondering how many people had seen at least two of his other movies before and were already a fan of his work, not just looks...

I know I wanted to see more of his acting once I saw Platoon, Cry Baby and Edward Scissorhands....

Ya. I like him because he's a great actor and he's cute! I saw Edward Scissor Hands and what's eating Gilbert Grape?. I have the Edward Scissor Hands DVD. thats a GREAT movie. 1 of my favorites. pirate: i saw pirate's of the carribean 2. and i can't wait till Willy Wonka to come out! its coming out in July. Cant wait!

Briarprincess said:

Ya. I've seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Edward Scissor Hands, Secret Window, and Pirates of the Caribean. I want to see more movies with him in it! I cried when I saw Gilbert Grape and ESH! they are GREAT though! I love Depp! :love: hes a GREAT actor and hes also very cute! ;)

i have seen almost all of the movies he has been in and was clearly hooked before potc came out. my favs would be edward scissorhands, blow, chocolat, nightmare on elm street, fear and loathing in las vegas,cry baby, whats eating gilbert grape, and soon to be charlie and the chocalate factory. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

SPAM said:
and soon to be charlie and the chocalate factory.

Did any of you know that Depp is basing the character on Marilyn Manson? If you know about Depp then you know he and Manson are very good friends and give each other gifts all the time. I can't wait to see all the parents who get upset about it.

It fits very well somehow actually... I just wonder if Burton and Depp will use "Prelude (The Family Trip)" as part of the soundtrack.

source

johnny depp has been my favoritest for like ever. Ive seen nearly every movie he's ever made, except like 3 i cant find. Im what you call, obsessed.

My favorite is Blow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter