• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny Depp Trial

It's weird because I can honestly say I have not given Johnny Depp a moment's thought since the 90's. Where are all these superfans coming from?

It's weird because I can honestly say I have not given Johnny Depp a moment's thought since the 90's. Where are all these superfans coming from?
He did some good / popular movies after the 90s as well: Pirates of the Caribbean, Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Chocolat.

And some not the best, but sometimes enjoyable movies, Alice in Wonderland, From Hell, Finding Neverland, Dark Shadows, Into the Woods, Murder on the Orient Express.

And then some bad ones like Tonto and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Attractive young (90s young) weirdo who likes to rebel. For some that is hard to resist, and they stay his entire career.

So after all he did in the last century that people still watch - what about Pirates of the Caribbean? He IS one of the most popular movie characters ... ever. He's done some big ones the last 20 years including, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Public Enemies, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows, Fantastic Beasts. He's had a very solid career, no doubt lots of fans.

I'm not saying he isn't great actor, but I simply haven't been keeping up with his career. I saw the first Pirates movie, maybe the second. But most of the others listed above I haven't seen.

On the other hand, I'm an 80's gal and he will always be Edward Scissorhands to me. No one seems to mention that one much.

So after all he did in the last century that people still watch - what about Pirates of the Caribbean? He IS one of the most popular movie characters ... ever. He's done some big ones the last 20 years including, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, Public Enemies, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows, Fantastic Beasts. He's had a very solid career, no doubt lots of fans.

Yep. Plus, there's...

Corpse Bride
Finding Neverland
Ed Wood
Donnie Brasco
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (which is a super weird movie)
Sleepy Hollow

Yep. Plus, there's...

Corpse Bride
Finding Neverland
Ed Wood
Donnie Brasco
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (which is a super weird movie)
Sleepy Hollow
So many. I also think Edward Scissorhands is pretty timeless and on play often.

And a very good musician. If I could get the chance to see Hollywood Vampires, my concert list would be complete (I love Alice 🖤).

I'm not saying he isn't great actor, but I simply haven't been keeping up with his career. I saw the first Pirates movie, maybe the second. But most of the others listed above I haven't seen.

On the other hand, I'm an 80's gal and he will always be Edward Scissorhands to me. No one seems to mention that one much.
You asked where all the superfans are coming from? We are just answering where.

I'm watching this body language analysis video and once again seeing Amber state, "When you buy a house you don't pay for it all at once." Trying to say that "pledging" a donation is the same as actually making it. Yes!! Many people buy houses with cash and guess what? Then and ONLY then do they actually own the house! She's so dumb!

Here's the body language video if anyone is interested.

April and May are busy months for me at work, so I missed the first 4 or so weeks of the trial. I just learned about all the Tiktoks people have been making throughout the trial. Finished watching a compilation and they are pretty hilarious.

I’ve been watching the past few days for the first time. Didn’t realize this case has been going on for six weeks but I had a longer vacation about a month ago so I was off-line a bit. I watch one YouTube channel with life commentary from a lawyer which was fascinating yesterday listening to the closing and statements. I came up point at the end where I just felt bad for her lawyer who was doing a horrible job. Drops team objected a few time during closing which I had learned is such a bad sign.

These two have such a toxic relationship. And it’s crazy to actually do the timeline and realize they’ve been separated or divorced for almost over five -7 years now and this thing is still dragging on Through all the cases.

If I can make a decision on this I would just simply award both one dollar from the other and be done with it. He’s cleared his name in the court of public opinion what I’ve read online and she is simply done for.

A lot of witnesses and testimony as he said —she said. I do find it interesting how she had so many friends and family that were basically squatting in his numerous pent houses.

My hope is that this case highlights that domestic violence is not always a man attacking woman issue.
In our last house we lived next door to a woman with a teenage daughter, she was a single mother who had lost her husband some years before and had no family support. The daughter was very polite and personable to everyone outside the house, but, within weeks we realised the poor mother was having a terrible time. All we could hear was screaming and banging around, the most disgusting language aimed at her mother. Then an elderly neighbour filled us in that the girl was violent to her mother, no drugs or alcohol involved and the mother was a decent hard working woman, but, when the police were called the daughter turned the charm on and the police always believed the girl. The mother got no help from anywhere because no one thinks a child could assault a parent. Eventually the daughter moved out and everything was quiet. This isn't the full story, but, it opened our eyes to how life isn't always as it's perceived and I think that's why I take Depp's side, especially after listening to one particular piece of audio.

My hope is that this case highlights that domestic violence is not always a man attacking woman issue.
In our last house we lived next door to a woman with a teenage daughter, she was a single mother who had lost her husband some years before and had no family support. The daughter was very polite and personable to everyone outside the house, but, within weeks we realised the poor mother was having a terrible time. All we could hear was screaming and banging around, the most disgusting language aimed at her mother. Then an elderly neighbour filled us in that the girl was violent to her mother, no drugs or alcohol involved and the mother was a decent hard working woman, but, when the police were called the daughter turned the charm on and the police always believed the girl. The mother got no help from anywhere because no one thinks a child could assault a parent. Eventually the daughter moved out and everything was quiet. This isn't the full story, but, it opened our eyes to how life isn't always as it's perceived and I think that's why I take Depp's side, especially after listening to one particular piece of audio.
Was it the audio with the very disturbing laughter from Amber? That really creeped me out and affected my position.

It was the one where she utterly belittled him. It just reminded me of how that girl spoke to her mother, just horrible and the language was dreadful. The girl didn't realise everyone could hear everything.
That on was awful, too. I so wish they could’ve played the audio where Amber takes responsibility for Johnny’s finger injury but it was inadmissible in court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter