• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny Depp Trial

My favorite thing from yesterday was when Elaine was closing and explaining the legal definition of malice and they all started to scream, “no, it’s not!”
You should also watch Runkle of the Bailey’s video from last night (he was in the courtroom with Rob from the Law and Lumber channel). His breakdowns are great especially when he has slept on concrete all night waiting to get in. Rob practices right here in Fairfax and in front of that same judge and has great insight. Actually watching all their channels take off during this trial has been a very interesting secondary story to this trial.

What a beautiful noise
Comin' up from the park
It's the song of the kids
And it plays until dark

I just wrote and deleted a bunch about the #metoo movement. But I'll just leave it here....I'm stunned anyone who would want to set back women's experiences and awareness of sexual assault and workplace harassment back "decades".

In a general sense, I don't think Heard is doing any damage to anyone but herself. I also think that Depp doesn't come off great either. They sound like 2 terrible people imo. Perhaps someone was "worse", but it's all a very toxic, sad situation where everyone should be ashamed of their actions and words...imo.
I disagree. Amber Heard is an insult to real victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. The #metoo movement also affected real abuse victims negatively. iMO yes some real creeps were outed but innocents were tried, convicted and destroyed by simple unfounded accusations...not good.

If anyone doubts how the crazy and dangerous borderline personalities can be...google actual court cases and read the transcripts. These people are diabolical and truly frightening...partly because they believe their own BS and are very convincing.

Last edited:

I’ve been watching the past few days for the first time. Didn’t realize this case has been going on for six weeks but I had a longer vacation about a month ago so I was off-line a bit. I watch one YouTube channel with life commentary from a lawyer which was fascinating yesterday listening to the closing and statements. I came up point at the end where I just felt bad for her lawyer who was doing a horrible job. Drops team objected a few time during closing which I had learned is such a bad sign.

These two have such a toxic relationship. And it’s crazy to actually do the timeline and realize they’ve been separated or divorced for almost over five -7 years now and this thing is still dragging on Through all the cases.

If I can make a decision on this I would just simply award both one dollar from the other and be done with it. He’s cleared his name in the court of public opinion what I’ve read online and she is simply done for.

A lot of witnesses and testimony as he said —she said. I do find it interesting how she had so many friends and family that were basically squatting in his numerous pent houses.
When people who don’t know the accused testify that there were no signs of what one party says happened… It’s no longer he said she said. It’s he1 said, and he2 said and he3 said and he4 said and she2 said and then way over there on the other side of the argument is a very delusional she1 said screaming at the wall about injustice. Get her a therapist. She needs to stop.

It's weird because I can honestly say I have not given Johnny Depp a moment's thought since the 90's. Where are all these superfans coming from?
In addition to his other movies, the Pirates franchise put him on the map for an entirely new generation. My 18 year old has been a fan of his since she was old enough to watch them.

In addition to his other movies, the Pirates franchise put him on the map for an entirely new generation. My 18 year old has been a fan of his since she was old enough to watch them.
I get it. I just hadn't thought about him in so long until all this.

I want to say that his Tim Burton films, even the older ones for their cult fan value, have been good for him too.

It's always weird seeing him do more "normal" roles. Like Nick of Time or The Astronaut's Wife. Those roles could be interchangeable with many other actors, but you can't fault the guy for wanting to try something different (that or maybe he ended up with those because he was under contract, not sure).

I want to say that his Tim Burton films, even the older ones for their cult fan value, have been good for him too.

It's always weird seeing him do more "normal" roles. Like Nick of Time or The Astronaut's Wife. Those roles could be interchangeable with many other actors, but you can't fault the guy for wanting to try something different (that or maybe he ended up with those because he was under contract, not sure).
Nick of Time and The Astronauts Wife were done earlier in his career, back when he was still known as box office poison and I suspect money may have been a motive. He did a lot of quirky films back then. I think he was wanting to do films that interested him on a personal level. I think Feat And Loathing In Las Vegas is the strangest film he’s ever been in.

I'm watching this body language analysis video and once again seeing Amber state, "When you buy a house you don't pay for it all at once." Trying to say that "pledging" a donation is the same as actually making it. Yes!! Many people buy houses with cash and guess what? Then and ONLY then do they actually own the house! She's so dumb!

Here's the body language video if anyone is interested.

Out of curiosity I clicked on this guy's YT page. Until he started covering this trial, his videos were getting a very small fraction of views. Now there are millions. I can't help but think this is just another grifter jumping on the whims of whatever is viral. I guess good for him, and it's not any different than other "court tv" like outlets. Make hay while the sun shines.

Hi.
Is there any way I can find out when the jury come back with a verdict so I can go online and watch?
Is there a place where I can have it notify me?

Thanks so much!

Hi.
Is there any way I can find out when the jury come back with a verdict so I can go online and watch?
Is there a place where I can have it notify me?

Thanks so much!
Watch Emily D Baker’s YouTube channel. She’s been covering the trial from the beginning and is on a daily verdict watch live. Here’s today’s, but you’ll have to refresh her video playlist tomorrow to get tomorrow’s:

Watch Emily D Baker’s YouTube channel. She’s been covering the trial from the beginning and is on a daily verdict watch live. Here’s today’s, but you’ll have to refresh her video playlist tomorrow to get tomorrow’s:
She also has a text alert system. I believe the instructions for sign up are in the description on her YT videos.

Thank god for Amber Heard!!! She is setting the extremely dangerous #metoo movement back decades. I am not a misogynist but our legal system needs to remain based in the principle of "innocent until proven guilty". #metoo dangerously asks the jurors, public, internet trolls, etc. to blindly believe one person over another, based on their word, without any evidence whatsoever. I understand that the burden of proof often works against the victim in a he said, she said situation; but the alternative of having a persons word taken on faith alone and falsely convicting / cancelling a person is far worse. The legal system has rules in place to prevent mere accusation alone from convicting a person. This is one of the reasons we have the best legal system in the world. The same standard should be held to the media and the internet, there must be proof before a person's life can be ruined.
We haven't been based on "innocent until proven guilty" for years. Look at any social media post regarding a local arrest. You are now guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent. At least in the eyes of the public, and that can be just as damming as a court finding of guilt as evidenced in things like this trial. Depp was never found guilty of a single thing, yet he lost so much and is having to fight to prove he didn't do what he was accused of.

We haven't been based on "innocent until proven guilty" for years. Look at any social media post regarding a local arrest. You are now guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent. At least in the eyes of the public, and that can be just as damming as a court finding of guilt as evidenced in things like this trial. Depp was never found guilty of a single thing, yet he lost so much and is having to fight to prove he didn't do what he was accused of.
Our system is broken I have little faith in "Justice"...whatever that means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter