Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

Has anyone been who was mainly interested in the shows and rides? I don’t do character meets without the grandbabies and can take or leave the dining and snacks.
Thanks!

Has anyone been who was mainly interested in the shows and rides? I don’t do character meets without the grandbabies and can take or leave the dining and snacks.
Thanks!
We will do rides and the muppet show. Don’t forget to just enjoy the Christmas Music and decor. The lake looks so pretty with the large tree and floating overly large ornaments on it. Also they play a show on the ToT which is cute to watch as well.
I don’t usually do characters myself but Jiminy Cricket? I may meet him if not too busy. He’s a classic!

I'd read on some blogs that they'd improved the event since it's tough opening night; adding more staff, introducing rate characters, etc.
But, if I was to purchase tickets for this, I'd go with the understanding that it's a good after hours event with extremely low crowds in Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. If that's your thing, it might be a good option.

We will do rides and the muppet show. Don’t forget to just enjoy the Christmas Music and decor. The lake looks so pretty with the large tree and floating overly large ornaments on it. Also they play a show on the ToT which is cute to watch as well.
I don’t usually do characters myself but Jiminy Cricket? I may meet him if not too busy. He’s a classic!

This is my plan as well. My son & DIL are considering not going & having a future credit. But I wasn’t interested in the special drink items & HBD event they are anyway. Less crowds with the Christmas atmosphere, low ride lines, a Muppet show & now Jiminy Cricket? Yes please!

I’m going to try to get my money back just not interested in this…highly highly disappointed with what they offered va what they advertised. The brown derby a string of garland, piano player not exclusively playing Christmas songs, and a menu that isn’t Christmas themed? Awful.

I'd read on some blogs that they'd improved the event since it's tough opening night; adding more staff, introducing rate characters, etc.
But, if I was to purchase tickets for this, I'd go with the understanding that it's a good after hours event with extremely low crowds in Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. If that's your thing, it might be a good option.
I like every bit of that statement - up to and including extremely low crowds …

I’m going to try to get my money back just not interested in this…highly highly disappointed with what they offered va what they advertised. The brown derby a string of garland, piano player not exclusively playing Christmas songs, and a menu that isn’t Christmas themed? Awful.
They may offer you a credit towards another event, but don't expect a refund if you have not yet gone. Refunds were only given to people who attended on the first night, and not even all of those attendees who asked got a refund. Recent reports from the event have been more positive.

I was a little disappointed after the first reviews came out, but actually purchased my ticket and decided to come down for a few days of Christmas cheer after that first party dropped because 1.) Once you hit bottom, you can only go up, I figured- and sure enough, the subsequent reviews have been much more positive and 2.) I like the parties for the atmosphere, as others have said. With a good park plan, someone can ride pretty much anything they want by the end of the day, but it’s different to do so with unique shows, characters, and overall festive “feel”. I’m personally excited for my party this Wednesday (and by the sounds of it, I might be the only person there. LOL).

I was a little disappointed after the first reviews came out, but actually purchased my ticket and decided to come down for a few days of Christmas cheer after that first party dropped because 1.) Once you hit bottom, you can only go up, I figured- and sure enough, the subsequent reviews have been much more positive and 2.) I like the parties for the atmosphere, as others have said. With a good park plan, someone can ride pretty much anything they want by the end of the day, but it’s different to do so with unique shows, characters, and overall festive “feel”. I’m personally excited for my party this Wednesday (and by the sounds of it, I might be the only person there. LOL).
Goodluck! We’re hoping to make the most of it too 😁 It might just end up being a success.

Hi,

I went on the 20th of November (last monday), and here is my report:

First: I went mostly for the attractions, the two main shows, and ambiance. We didn't wait in any food line or character meets.

Second: We were able to do everything we wanted within reason.

Report:
We got there around 30 minutes before the night officially got underway, so we were still mixing with other guests it seems. We didn't have much of a line to get in (maybe 10 minutes, max 15).

-- Did Star Tours with maybe 5 min wait.
-- Went to see if Muppets 3d was open, it was not :(
-- Did Runaway Railway with 5 min wait max if don't include pre-show.
-- Went to see "What's This" show, waited about 20 minutes, it was, IMHO, the better of the two shows in terms of impressiveness, although the other show was more of a traditional christmas show. You don't have to know the songs, but it helps for sure.
-- Did TOT, maybe 15 minutes wait (line seemed to stop moving for a bit). We saw a bit of the drinking area outside of the TOT after we exited the attraction, and heard the band for a few minutes.
-- Did Rockin Rollercoaster, less than 5 min wait (none of the preshows were pausing you)
-- Got some frozen drinks (zero wait) outside of rockin rollercoaster, they were jsut standard day drinks
-- waited for the Muppets Christmas show, got in without much of a fuss. Maybe waited about 25 minutes. Wish it had more muppets.
-- Somewhere around this point I managed to get a ROTR virtual queue still (maybe it was before the Muppets show, can't remember), it seemed pretty easy to do so?
-- Did slinky dog, it was a little over 30 minutes. Definitely the longest attraction wait.
-- We headed to ROTR, waited zero minutes other than walking through the queue until the first pre-show, after the pre-shows it was pretty minimal wait.
-- At this point we made our way for the fireworks which had just started a few minutes after we got off ROTR, we got a decent, but not head on view of the show.

So we didn't do: TSMM, Alien Saucers, Millenium Falcon. We saw characters throughout the night, but didn't stop for any of them. We didn't explore of any of the special food items. Though we would have liked to go on TSMM, for some reason the line was reporting a longer wait time then we wanted to wait. Probably for the best, because we timed the fireworks show pretty well.

Question to Others: On both the MK Christmas Part and Jollywood Nights, we saw quite a few people using the Lightning Lane. At first I thought it was DAS, and maybe there really are that many DAS users, but it seemed quite a bit more than I expected. Didn't really bother me during Jollywood, but during MK party on the 19th there were quite a few. So the question is: Was it just DAS, or were some people able to get lightning lanes?

Last edited:
Question to Others: On both the MK Christmas Part and Jollywood Nights, we saw quite a few people using the Lightning Lane. At first I thought it was DAS, and maybe there really are that many DAS users, but it seemed quite a bit more than I expected. Didn't really bother me during Jollywood, but during MK party on the 19th there were quite a few. So the question is: Was it just DAS, or were some people able to get lightning lanes?
I would be very interested in getting LL for the parties. Did you see this throughout the night or during the minutes before the official start time of the events?

throughout the night, even on Slinky Dog which was near the end of the night. I do not believe you can get lightning lanes though.

Really, the only time it "bothered" me was on the MK Christmas Party, and specifically on Space Mountain, which had the holiday special version going on, which I think was the main reason for the interest. In this case, the people in the "lightning lane" got their own dedicated coaster line, and thus had maybe a 5 minute wait, while the rest of the guests had a super long 55 minute + wait. After we left the area, it was reporting 1.5 hours wait, and the line was out the door of the attraction (we were at least able to get through a small part of the queue without a wait until we hit the crowds). I think there was also some downtime, which clearly didn't help matters.

As far as whether Space Mountain was worth it, meh. If you like to see Space Mountain with some flashing lights and repeating christmas song, it's kind of cool for that, but otherwise, it is less scary since you can see where you are going, and is otherwise the same as regular space mountain.

I would be very interested in getting LL for the parties. Did you see this throughout the night or during the minutes before the official start time of the events?
Saw it last night at Mickey’s Party on Tron - I was like - I would pay for that …we still virtual queued it and 30 mins start to finish …

IMO attendance at any paid after hours event shouldn't have attendance high enough to even need a lightning lane. I'm really disappointed at seeing some of the wait times for an event like this.

If you have G+ already you can use it until the party begins you cannot purchase G+ with only a party ticket. Once the party begins you cannot use LL.
Saw it last night at Mickey’s Party on Tron - I was like - I would pay for that …we still virtual queued it and 30 mins start to finish …
ILL$ can be purchased with only a park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter