Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

I am sorry y'all didn't get to see the projections! I went on November 29 and they were running all night long on ToT.

The lines were super short for every ride, some of the food lines were longer but even the character meets were not insane that night. It was cold so maybe people didn't show? I also attended the D23 special event.

It was a fantastic experience.

tempImagegHQ6jG.jpgtempImagecXT42Z.jpg

Lines and wait time requests are fine. What is off topic is asking why people are using LL return queues during the parties. There are guests who qualify to use the LL queues. Why they qualify is not for anyone else to know. How many will be using a LL queue cannot be quantified as each party there is a different number of guests who are eligible to use the LL queues.

I hope this helps.
Can you explain and expand a little bit more please?

I have never been to a party and am contemplating MVMCP and Jollywood Nights for a future trip. Part of that planning is figuring out if it is worth it and planning out my party strategy to get the most out of the evening. If I know there are lots of guests using LLs then that could effect my experience. If I know there was a way for me to get LL's during a party (like purchasing Genie+ during the day) then maybe I could do that. Someone said something about Golden Oaks or club 33 or something. if that was the case, I could see if that would apply to me or not.

I do not understand why there would be such a restriction about asking who is using the LLs during parties? I get it that if DAS users are using it, we have no right to speculate on why they would qualify to use it. But if there are a lot of people using LL during the parties, as a guest contemplating a party, I would like to know how they are getting LLs. It would be just like if they are using them during the daytime. We know its a combination of DAS, VIP, and Genie+. Knowing that, as a guest, I can make a decision about whether I want to purchase Genie+ or not. If someone said it was none of my business it would make me wonder, even more so, why such secrecy and restrictions even about speculation? There is a lot of speculation on these boards.

Can you explain and expand a little bit more please?

I have never been to a party and am contemplating MVMCP and Jollywood Nights for a future trip. Part of that planning is figuring out if it is worth it and planning out my party strategy to get the most out of the evening. If I know there are lots of guests using LLs then that could effect my experience. If I know there was a way for me to get LL's during a party (like purchasing Genie+ during the day) then maybe I could do that. Someone said something about Golden Oaks or club 33 or something. if that was the case, I could see if that would apply to me or not.

I do not understand why there would be such a restriction about asking who is using the LLs during parties? I get it that if DAS users are using it, we have no right to speculate on why they would qualify to use it. But if there are a lot of people using LL during the parties, as a guest contemplating a party, I would like to know how they are getting LLs. It would be just like if they are using them during the daytime. We know its a combination of DAS, VIP, and Genie+. Knowing that, as a guest, I can make a decision about whether I want to purchase Genie+ or not. If someone said it was none of my business it would make me wonder, even more so, why such secrecy and restrictions even about speculation? There is a lot of speculation on these boards.

Genie+ and VIP tours do not operate during parties.

We had fun dressing up for Jollywood Nights last Wed. Nov. 29, and for Dapper Day weekend this past weekend. We enjoyed our night, and did a mix of some rides and a lot of photos. I'd probably do it again if it is offered next year.

There are a couple of spots for improvement. I really didn't like the shared photo lines such as Mickey/Minnie, Goofy/Pluto, Donald/Daisy, or Pinocchio/Jiminy Cricket. You may think that you're in line for one character but get a different one once you get to the front.

We had just missed one show of What's This; the theater filled up with maybe 10-15 people in line in front of us. So we thought we'd get photos with Jiminy Cricket and then Stitch, and then catch the next show. Jiminy's line was moving about as expected until there was one guy who brought it to a standstill. He didn't just want Jiminy's autograph; he wanted to get 10+ things autographed. Literally. It took the poor CM about a minute per autograph to write out the full Jiminy Cricket. And then that same guy did the same thing in Stitch's line, but those autographs went a little faster.

However, this had slowed down both photo lines enough that we missed the next show of What's This. IMHO, Disney ought to do something about this. I know they distribute pre-printed autograph cards at times: 7 Dwarfs photo during MVMCP this year, Elvis Stitch photo during MNSSHP last year, Cinderella's Royal Table dinner, etc. If they don't want to do that, maybe they should limit it to 2 autographs, and if you want more, go to the end of the line?

But other than that, things went pretty well for what we did. We entered the park maybe 5:30ish. We got our party credentials near the Muppets just after 6pm with no wait. We did standby for RotR a little after 6, and it was maybe a 25 minute wait; we didn't bother with the Virtual Queue during the party. Wait times for Slinky Dog Dash was about 20-25 minutes, Toy Story Mania about 5 minutes, and walk-ons for RnR, ToT, Star Tours. We got lots of photos, several with rare characters, and had fun with the special video photos for JN.

Friendly reminder, moderation isn’t to be questioned on the boards in threads. Points can be given for this. See DIS Guidelines.

“ The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in the post being removed without notice and an infraction.”

This is the last post about who is using the LL during a party. Any further discussion and points will be awarded.

1. Club 33
2. DAS
3. Golden Oaks
4. (I can’t think of the proper name for this) When an attraction breaks down or something happens and a CM scans your band and adds a future attraction due to your inconvenience.

For me the biggest issue was duration. I love the idea of this party, loved the shows, and seeing people dressed up.

I think they need to add 2 hours to this party, and probably lower the price by $20. There just was not enough time to get much done when you factor in the length of the shows and wait time for food/characters.

To add regarding lines and wait times: my DH were there Monday 11/27, the week after Thanksgiving. Crowds across the parks were low, and Jollywood felt similarly uncrowded. We arrived to DHS approximately 7:30PM, and received our badges and wristband quickly at the entrance. We rode TOT twice, walking directly into the pre-show room, grabbed a pre-mixed cocktail at the Tip Top Club, and grabbed a seat in the center-left section of Theater of the Stars for the first Muppets show by about 8:35PM. We went to the second showing of What's This (9:30PM), and although we were in the back of the crowd waiting to get in, we got a great seat in mid-center (we entered through the second set of doors from the bottom). Following this we went to GE and walked into Oga's and onto TSMM and MMRR, and we had a <10 minute wait for Slinky at 11:15PM. Edna and Frozone were all alone so we stopped by for a quick meet and greet. We had a midnight snack with no wait at ABC Commissary. We didn't do any other meet and greets because the lines looked to be 30+ minutes and for a short event we didn't want to feel rushed. We opted out of Brown Derby because it sounded lackluster and I generally don't have positive opinions of the restaurant itself anyway. We waited <10 minutes for a bus back to our Disney hotel (GF, shared bus with Poly). Note the Skyliner closed at 9:30PM.

TLDR: I recommend our path starting on Hollywood Blvd, looping through GE and TSL, and ending in ABC Commissary, getting snacks, cocktails, and seeing shows along the way.

I would absolutely do this event again, especially the week after Thanksgiving when there is a lull in crowds. For background, I booked this trip specifically for Jollywood after the initial promo info included the "What's This?" language, so I was probably the target audience as a 30-something NMBC-fan who drinks cocktails and loves TOT and the story behind it. I don't think I would bring young children (we left our four month old with my mom in the hotel room), but it could be a fun event for thrill-seeking tweens and teens.

Do not waste your money on this joke of an event. We went and although crowds weren't bad it was a complete waste of money better spent on meals and Merch.

Don't be fooled that they have somehow changed things. It was not good. For real. At some point DIsney needs to understand we aren't all sheep hearded into willing to pay for something new. I can't believe they thought this was something special. It was not. Don't go.

Do not waste your money on this joke of an event. We went and although crowds weren't bad it was a complete waste of money better spent on meals and Merch.

Don't be fooled that they have somehow changed things. It was not good. For real. At some point DIsney needs to understand we aren't all sheep hearded into willing to pay for something new. I can't believe they thought this was something special. It was not. Don't go.

Which night were you there?

A friend of mine went last week and said it was terrible. They left after 2 hours. Then again, I didn't go so I won't hold total judgement.

I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I'd give it a solid 6-7 out of 10.

Both shows I thought were great. Rides could be had with minimal wait. Live outdoor entertainment and indoor shows take the place of the parade and castle show at MVMCP. Overall more adult vibe. The projections on TOT and the initial projection show on the Chinese Theater were spectacular. I enjoyed some of the unique food items.

Comparing to MVMCP, party duration is the main thing that stands out to me as needing to be addressed.

Also, the free cookies and hot cocoa at MVMCP were much better than the free coasters at Jollywood. I think another attempt to make JWN a more adult event.

Went last night, and while we had fun, there was a lot that could be better. Spent basically the first two hours of the party waiting in line after line. Took over 30 minutes just to get into the park a bit after 7, that line just didn't move for so long. Once in we did some rides before the party started, then went to get some of the special photopass pictures. Even though the lines looked short for those the waits ended up being 20-30 minutes each, and the lines were massive by the time we wrapped up with them. Lines for characters were similar, looked short but took a while. Also not a fan of not knowing which character we'd be meeting. While the CMs told everyone in line we might not meet the character currently out, they didn't seem to know the timing to let us know who we would actually meet.

The food was pretty good, and we loved the beer margarita from Baseline. Also the bands were a lot of fun and the Nightmare show was really well done. By around 11 lots of people were leaving, we were at the front of the park to get a picture with the jollywood sign, and there was a steady stream of people heading out. After that the lines for things really died down and we were able to get more done.

We stayed til the end and got a lot of what we wanted done. I do wish the event was longer, we felt so rushed throughout the night, and it would have been better with a lower attendance cap, later in the night after lots of people left it was so much easier to get stuff done without the long lines. Also wish there was more entertainment around the park, the live music really brought a great energy to some areas, but in other areas of the park it felt like the area wasn't even supposed to be open. Overall it could use some work, but we still had fun. Will be interesting to see if they bring it back next year.

I'd give it a solid 6-7 out of 10.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I was there on the 6th, where it dipped into the 40s by the end of the party--colder than I'd like, and probably contributed even more to lower crowds. Cold enough for me that I spent most of the end of the party time going from indoor ride to indoor ride--so I didn't really spend much time at the Tip Top club or the Latin alleyway. Had I spent time there, and/or had there been characters I really wanted to meet, the time crunch would have really hit.

So yeah, expand the hours, move the Tip Top Club out of a cramped corner and maybe give it a little more theming, toss some Wookies into Star Wars for a Life Day celebration and maybe find a Pixar character that people actually want to take a picture with. (can keep Frozone as well, but clearly they need to give people a reason to go down that dead end street)

We went on the 6th and had a great time. Our longest wait time was to get a pic with Duffy - maybe 30mins? The 3 of us got food in various spots and rode some rides, saw the Nightmare show. The cold weather that night did us in so we left around midnight. I'd personally like it to start at 7pm, have more merch (Ollie the gingerbread was so neat). The lack of indoor rides and having outdoor show (like the one with Kermit and Miss Piggy) was tough in the cold - and I imagine the same if it rained. They should also add some free food - like speciality popcorn flavors would be neat. DJ's and music are great. CM's were wonderful. They also need a new/unique to the party night time fireworks show and some holiday ride overlays if possible. We did the MVMCP the next night - it was a bit warmer out and so much more to do....still would recommend MVMCP over Jollywood if you can only do one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter