Jollywood Nights

Heather Miller

Heatherbee
My adult children and I have the opportunity to spend 1 day at Disney (Dec. 2, 2023). We have yet to see Galaxy's Edge (and is a crazy must see) so
HS it is. Should we spend the whole day there on that Saturday (my youngest son's 18th birthday) or get tickets to Jollywood Nights on Nov. 29th?
It is actually a tiny bit cheaper to do Jollywood nights, but will we have enough time to really enjoy and get things done in those hours? I know
that there's a limited number of tickets sold for the event, but I still worry about getting it all in. Of course, we will also be wanting to get in our old
favorite rides, too, but are excited for Galaxy's Edge. Help, please! :)

My adult children and I have the opportunity to spend 1 day at Disney (Dec. 2, 2023). We have yet to see Galaxy's Edge (and is a crazy must see) so
HS it is. Should we spend the whole day there on that Saturday (my youngest son's 18th birthday) or get tickets to Jollywood Nights on Nov. 29th?
It is actually a tiny bit cheaper to do Jollywood nights, but will we have enough time to really enjoy and get things done in those hours? I know
that there's a limited number of tickets sold for the event, but I still worry about getting it all in. Of course, we will also be wanting to get in our old
I agree with @Marthasor. While we have tickets to Jollywood Nights, it's a brand new event and so there will be many distractions (fun ones of course) in the park. Also, it may or may not run smoothly as it's brand new.

One big mystery is exactly what is happening within Galaxy's Edge on those nights. It hasn't been mentioned that I've seen. Will it be decked out for a galactic holiday or remain unthemed? Will you be upset if your first GE experience is with a holiday overlay? I'm curious to see what they do there during JN.

But with these and other considerations in mind, DHS during Jollywood Nights will not be a "typical" DHS experience, so you may be better off to focus fully on DHS on a non Jollywood night. On the other hand if you're super festive people, you may want to roll the dice and he how it turns out with festive fun...

Last edited:
We have yet to see Galaxy's Edge (and is a crazy must see) so HS it is... Of course, we will also be wanting to get in our old
Based on wanting to see Galaxy's Edge for the first time plus your other favorite rides, I'd spend the day there. I'd even consider buying Genie+ since it sounds like everything is riding (pun intended) on that one day plus it's a birthday celebration.

Personally…..I would go during normal operational hours so you have more time. This way you don’t have to stress about getting everything done in a shorter time period.

Just hopping on your post to say that I have a similar situation. We are hopefully going to Orlando in December, mainly for Harry Potter world, but we haven't been to Disney since 2017 and must see Galaxy's Edge! We will only have one day for that and I'm debating the same thing as you - full park day or Jollywood. I personally don't ride thrill rides and I'm a Christmas junkie, so the party sounds fun to me. However, my companions will want to ride several rides (Rise, Slinky, RnRC, TS Mania, etc) plus we might want to build a BB-8 or light saber. I'm afraid the 5 hours of the party won't be enough to do everything or that the light saber or BB-8 building won't be open during the party.

What did you decide to do?

We’ve decided to spend the whole day based on the majority of replies ( thank you everyone who replied!) The day we would be there hours are 9am-9 pm, so kids voted on 12 hours to get it all in. Also with the way everyone has been talking about rides being down throughout the day a little too often lately, we’re hoping the extra hours will help us there too. So funny how similar our trips sound as we will be spending 5 days at Universal and 1 at Disney, we also haven’t been there since 2017. Whichever you decide, have a wonderful trip!! 😊

We’ve decided to spend the whole day based on the majority of replies ( thank you everyone who replied!) The day we would be there hours are 9am-9 pm, so kids voted on 12 hours to get it all in. Also with the way everyone has been talking about rides being down throughout the day a little too often lately, we’re hoping the extra hours will help us there too.
Thank you for the response!

We’ve decided to spend the whole day based on the majority of replies ( thank you everyone who replied!) The day we would be there hours are 9am-9 pm, so kids voted on 12 hours to get it all in. Also with the way everyone has been talking about rides being down throughout the day a little too often lately, we’re hoping the extra hours will help us there too. So funny how similar our trips sound as we will be spending 5 days at Universal and 1 at Disney, we also haven’t been there since 2017. Whichever you decide, have a wonderful trip!! 😊
And definitely look into buying Genie+, DHS is predicted to be an 8 on the crowd calendar on 12/2 so it will be busy! I think you made the right choice!

Touring Plans! Great site, it is a paid membership but many of the features are free! Definitely check it out.
I love Touring Plans! It was my go-to for planning my 2017 trip. Do they do Unviersal as well as Disney? If so, I may go ahead and pay the membership.

I love Touring Plans! It was my go-to for planning my 2017 trip. Do they do Unviersal as well as Disney? If so, I may go ahead and pay the membership.
Yes, they do! And if you have one subscription, the additional are less. I have WDW and DL subscriptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter