• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jon & Kate - Is there 15 minutes up yet?

:lmao:..... I agree. I love their show but I think the press is too crazy leave them be!!!

I must have missed the show yesterday. I was not a faithful watcher I just showed up for the :cake:

My wife and I watch the show on Monday. She is a BIG fan, I find it entertaining. But Mondays show was uncomfortable to watch. It's sad. If that is the way the show is going to go this year, we won't be watching.

Honestly...I think the only real reason they are still together and not divorced is because of the kids. Thats why they are trying to sneak around...They want to have the life the want...without damaging the kids hearts. I also think that they should go back to the way it used to be. Kate at home...him at work...they were much happier that way...yes she was more psychotic...but as a couple they were happier. Jon has a lot of resentment because "he's the man, and the man provides for his family" (saw an interview with him where he was away with cara and said that...)

As long as punters buy the likes of Hello and OK magazines. Watch the various chat-shows then the obsession with celebrity is not likely to wane anytime soon ;)
They are only satisfying the feeding frenzy. But I feel sorry for the kids caught up in any breakup, especially a public breakup.

"don't throw fish, just clap your flippers instead" :lmao:

I stopped watching 2 years ago, b/c I thought that they were trading their children's emotional wellbeing for money.
I figured that the sooner this show ended the better for the children.
I do not watch for that reason.
I have seen them on the magazine covers in the stores recently, so if they are in the magazine that month I will not buy it either.
Now I am aware that it will take alot more people doing this, before anything such as the show being cancelled happens.
I am glad I have not watched, just from the little I have read here.
Now could I please have some pie & cake on the same plate please!! :rotfl2:
Oh and could you make them large pieces as I just got back from my 2 week disney world vacation and lost a 1/2 pound. :yay::yay::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Here is my thoughts. I think Jon should go back to work. She can continue her book stuff. That is her job. Do like 4 specials a year, other wise turn off the cameras. I think it got way out of control when they started to except all the free trips, gifts and services,and lost touch with their families. I don't know if they could afford all the things they have if they did not do the show. I do feel bad for the kids. I came from a divorced family and believe me we know more than the parents think. They are not fooling those kids at all. I wish them luck with what ever they decide.

We know how those TV contracts work. In fact, my husband worked for TLC last year and used to do the show promo commercials for J&K+8. This show is a way of paying for the kid's future. The trips and stuff are a way for them to try to be a normal family. How many families do you know of with 2 kids that can't afford to send them to college, let alone 8? They would never be able to afford any of this on John's salary, if they didn't make the choices they made.

Plus, it's not easy to shut a TV show down, when you've signed a network contract for a season. The only way that happens is if the network shuts you down instead. You are fully obligated under threat of lawsuit to complete and fulfill your contracts. They can choose not to renew next season, but since they had already signed for the season before this happened - they were screwed, too.

I'm tired of hearing about them and all the other celebutards out there :rolleyes: But then I hate reality shows and find them mind numbing so of course I wish their 15 minutes was up. ;)

I used to really enjoy this show. :guilty: But after the last show I won't be watching anymore. It's just too depressing. I feel so bad for the kids.:sad1:

I'll admit that I used to really like this show and enjoy it. I didn't watch the last season and won't be watching this one becuase I don't have cable anymore.

But even when I did watch, sometimes I would just sit and think man, she is so MEAN to Jon sometimes....I wonder if they really have a happy marriage!

Guess my question has been answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter