Josh Duggar's Trial Begins Today... GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!

I find no reason to think my comment was inappropriate. I have no guilt or remorse over me wishing harm on a PEDOPHILE. 🤣👍
A) the implicit homophobia (being gay is bad)
C) the implicit sexism (being a passive partner re: sex is bad)
B) the implicit sexual assault (this person will be forced to do something sexually, which is the freaking point of why this individual in particular needs to go to jail! Sexual abuse is sexual abuse and it's not more okay to happen to someone who already has a screwed up understanding of bodies, consent, sex and power!)

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/the-rape-joke-everyone-tolerates-tp/
The guilt or extent of the person's crimes doesn't make more abuse or your homophobia okay. But you didn't even say you want the guy to be beat up or something - you made it specifically about their "boyfriend." I don't know much about your moral inventory but it might be time to recognize something is off-base.

the implicit sexual assault (this person will be forced to do something sexually, which is the freaking point of why this individual in particular needs to go to jail! Sexual abuse is sexual abuse and it's not more okay to happen to someone who already has a screwed up understanding of bodies, consent, sex and power!)
I agree, those kind of comments bother me. Sexual assault is not part of the punishment for crime. When it happens to a prison inmate, regardless of what they did, it's a criminal act. No exceptions.

So back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm sure that we can all agree that it's a pretty great day when a child predator gets sent to prison for the crimes he committed. CSA is a pretty heinous thing and now Josh Duggar won't be able to continue with those criminal acts. As a result, the world is a little safer today. That's something to celebrate. :flower1:

I believe many things tend to be cyclical. But I also believe some things are so heinous that it's incumbent on each individual to break the cycle themselves.

If Jim Bob started it, then what if HIS father started it before him?

Not everyone who grows up dealing with things like that continues the cycle. So it has to come down to the individual as an adult seeking the help they need to break whatever cycle might exist.
It makes me wonder what would have happened if Josh had received different therapy when it was first realized he was abusing the 4 Jane Does.

So back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm sure that we can all agree that it's a pretty great day when a child predator gets sent to prison for the crimes he committed. CSA is a pretty heinous thing and now Josh Duggar won't be able to continue with those criminal acts. As a result, the world is a little safer today. That's something to celebrate. :flower1:
I also think that it is good that CSA is brought to the forefront on such a high interest case. Many people are more aware about how evil it is after the trial than they were before the trial.

A) the implicit homophobia (being gay is bad)
C) the implicit sexism (being a passive partner re: sex is bad)
B) the implicit sexual assault (this person will be forced to do something sexually, which is the freaking point of why this individual in particular needs to go to jail! Sexual abuse is sexual abuse and it's not more okay to happen to someone who already has a screwed up understanding of bodies, consent, sex and power!)

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/the-rape-joke-everyone-tolerates-tp/
The guilt or extent of the person's crimes doesn't make more abuse or your homophobia okay. But you didn't even say you want the guy to be beat up or something - you made it specifically about their "boyfriend." I don't know much about your moral inventory but it might be time to recognize something is off-base.

nope. It’s 100% about what I want Josh to experience and not at all about homphobia. He’s not gay. He’s a sick pedophile and I hope he’s treated very well in prison. 💪

I believe many things tend to be cyclical. But I also believe some things are so heinous that it's incumbent on each individual to break the cycle themselves.

If Jim Bob started it, then what if HIS father started it before him?

Not everyone who grows up dealing with things like that continues the cycle. So it has to come down to the individual as an adult seeking the help they need to break whatever cycle might exist.
I completely agree! I think I was just trying to verbalize how these things more often than not don’t happen out of the blue. My feeling is something went on in that house we may never know the extent of starting with Jim Bob and Michelle.

Rumor is: that she fell asleep and a child wandered into the street. Lied to the cops saying she didn't know said child, before admitting she did and she was watching the child.

Let’s be real…she’s probably the hardest working and most exhausted Duggar raising all those kids by herself at her young age. No wonder she fell asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter