• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Journey into Imagination with Figment closing

salabencher

Earning My Ears
I spoke with a cast member at Epcot yesterday. She mentioned Journey into Imagination with Figment was closing. I asked her what will take its place, she didnt know. anyone hear about this? Maybe a new sponsor?

I hope it isn't true.

I love the Figment ride.

I know it isn't popular - there is almost never any wait at all - but I really enjoy it.

Figment has always been one of my favorites, so I'm glad that I got ride it on our last trip in May. But I agree, it's outdated, and we were the only ones on the ride. I'll be interested to see what they put in it's place.

I really thought Figment was already gone....seriously.

oddly enough we've never ridden on the Figment ride. Each trip we try to ride something new and Figment was slated for September. Guess we're onto plan B!

I'm sure Cheshire Figment will pipe in if it is true or not.

I know they were in long talks with a potential sponsor about doing something with it, but I don't know what has happened since.

We live 5 mins from Disney and go often. My kids love the ride, not because its so great, just because there is never a line and they know every part. They make the ride fun.. Anyways.. I ask the cast members every few weeks whats going on.. are they planning on opening the top floor again etc. Usually they have no idea and say little. This time (2 days ago) the cast member said they are shutting it down.. I quizzed her about a new sponsor and she said they haven't told her. Epcot is very run down from when I was a kid. we have gone thousands of times.

We live 5 mins from Disney and go often. My kids love the ride, not because its so great, just because there is never a line and they know every part. They make the ride fun.. Anyways.. I ask the cast members every few weeks whats going on.. are they planning on opening the top floor again etc. Usually they have no idea and say little. This time (2 days ago) the cast member said they are shutting it down.. I quizzed her about a new sponsor and she said they haven't told her. Epcot is very run down from when I was a kid. we have gone thousands of times.

Top floor?

Oh I REALLY, really hope not. I know I'm one of the very few who enjoy the current incarnation but it makes me smile every time. We even named our cat Figment. This will be crushing to me, unless they just meant closing temporarily to incorporate new sponsorship.

And I for one think this attraction is still a heck of a lot more entertaining than Nemo! (...or Captain EO, or HISTA)

Right, because they closed Alien Encounter and replaced it with Stitch, and that was awesome!

Seriously, I'm not surprised, given the issues with sponsorship there.

Yeah, I miss the days when EPCOT had no Disney characters in the park. Back then it was like a different place. Now every ride has to tie into a Disney movie..

Yeah, I miss the days when EPCOT had no Disney characters in the park. Back then it was like a different place. Now every ride has to tie into a Disney movie..

What rides are you talking about? Nemo is the only ride I can think of at Epcot that has a movie tie-in. Maybe I'm forgetting some, though- which ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter