JoW, not going to waste my time

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Is JoW at Epcot just an added attraction that Disney built so as to not to have to staff it? There is no way I would waste my precious time with such with only one Epcot day in January.

I always took it as something akin Gorilla Falls and Maharaja Jungle Trek. At your own pace exploration. To me it fits into Epcot with the exploring nature of World Showcase.

I am looking forward to walking through it. Not everything needs to be an E-ticket experience.

Is JoW at Epcot just an added attraction that Disney built so as to not to have to staff it? There is no way I would waste my precious time with such with only one Epcot day in January.
January is probably not the best time of year to visit it anyway, as I have heard that peope are getting wet at the previews. I imagine it will be very popular in the heat of summer though.

Most of the area where it is being built didn’t have much of anything going on anyway, so I am okay with it being more of a passive attraction. They could have just paved the area with concrete and left it at that. I have made a park reservation during the AP previews, and will keep an open mind until I go through it myself.

In my opinion Disney parks need more attractions like this, something without a big line to do midday when it's busiest or to take a break from the line ride line ride cycle for a bit. Not everything needs to be a big attraction. There's more to the theme parks than going from ride to ride. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine but I think there is an audience for this type of attraction.

am looking forward to walking through it. Not everything needs to be an E-ticket experience.
I agree but I think the main frustration is how long it took to build it and how long it impacted negatively guest experience while doing so. With my DISer local friends I'd ask every now and then how it looked and it'd be the same as it was when we had last seen in in May of 2022.

What is actually comprises of is not worth the several years of construction. For those that forget they started in Fall of 2019 with clearing of the area (at least the beginning) and didn't really do much with it until 1 1/2 years later..covid was not an excuse for how long it sat with no progress.

So while a non-e-ticket attraction is nice to have (I'd honestly like more boat rides lol) I still cannot believe that a year and a half after I was there it's still not open...for a walk through attraction...that started long enough before I was last there..

I wonder if Disney will go in this direction more, no staff needed?

The biggest problem is that it should be in AK. Actually Dino land should be Moana land. They really should've used that Epcot area for a new ride. Oh well Chapek missed the mark...not a surprise. Remember he was in charge of parks at the time. FWIW it looks beautiful...just...misplaced.

The biggest problem is that it should be in AK. Actually Dino land should be Moana land. They really should've used that Epcot area for a new ride. Oh well Chapek missed the mark...not a surprise. Remember he was in charge of parks at the time. FWIW it looks beautiful...just...misplaced.
Yessss

My expectations are that it’s similar in feel to the pathways around Pandora

Tom C on WDWNT posted a video on YouTube about his opinion and why he felt it did belong in Epcot. It was an interesting perspective, and he was actually very positive! I do think it fits the original intention of the park. I’m looking forward to walking through it when I can. I’ll be there in a few days, but unfortunately I’ll miss previews.

Last edited:
And don’t forget that EPCOT Future World is changing the neighborhoods .
Moana is in World Nature ,
The others WorldCelebration ,World Discovery , World ShowCase .

I alreadready walked thru as sun was setting .
Quickly thru and then turned around to get a different angle and then around again to take in more detail before I had to exit with castmember Preview.
At first it seemed nice and then I wanted to explore more and enjoy the guests interacting with each other as they all were playing with water.
And adored the little child that decided to be a Moana and take the journey she was destined for apparently… she did not walk thru the sprinkling waters she walked back and forth sideways to just keep getting wetter and wetter . Over and over again !
Now I am home and feel compelled to read about Moana and the movie and all the reasons water was so important to this movie and this new attraction and why we all need to be explorers and take a different journey in the middle of a crowded theme park to discover Water and the cycle of life and the value of taking the time to have fun playing with family and friends and strangers standing next to you.
Next time I want to arrive early in the day too . I think there is still a lot more detail to discover and I am determined to find the hidden Mickey! .

I think it will be a cute addition to EP!

It looks well done and seems like it will have some educational aspects to it, so should fit in just fine.

I wish it opened in time for our visit this week, but oh well, something new to look forward to next time.

I’m glad some of the walls have come down at least!

In my opinion Disney parks need more attractions like this, something without a big line to do midday when it's busiest or to take a break from the line ride line ride cycle for a bit. Not everything needs to be a big attraction. There's more to the theme parks than going from ride to ride. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine but I think there is an audience for this type of attraction.
I'm in that audience!!!

I really enjoy new attractions and rides since I wouldn’t go to WDW so often if everything was the same each time. But I don’t want it to be like other theme parks where it’s just a new coaster every other year. There are people who can’t or won’t ride intense rides, so we need attractions for them as well as kids who are too small to ride big coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter