JoW, not going to waste my time

This is why everyone is different. Not only am I going to be there on 09/24 (the first day of AP preview), I'm also planning to ride the monorail to Epcot just for the aerial view of JOW, and I'm not even staying at a monorail resort. 😂
20230924_155858.jpg

As promised, this was an aerial view of JOW from the monorail. Unfortunately this was the extent of our experience. The AP preview line was so long that we had to forfeit our VQ spot. Will try another time.

20230924_135146.jpg

View attachment 796477

As promised, this was an aerial view of JOW from the monorail. Unfortunately this was the extent of our experience. The AP preview line was so long that we had to forfeit our VQ spot. Will try another time.

View attachment 796478
Thanks for the photo! Looks like they dropped a section of Animal Kingdom into Epcot. …at least that’s what it reminds me of. :)

I wonder if you could have shown up after your VQ time slot, like they allowed for Guardians? Then again, maybe the AP preview was slammed all day.

Thanks for the photo! Looks like they dropped a section of Animal Kingdom into Epcot. …at least that’s what it reminds me of. :)

I wonder if you could have shown up after your VQ time slot, like they allowed for Guardians? Then again, maybe the AP preview was slammed all day.
The queue was getting longer as the day went by. We left Epcot around 3 P.M. and the start of the line was near Nemo, crossed to the other side of Epcot under Spaceship Earth and then folded back. We'll try again tomorrow, maybe.

The queue was getting longer as the day went by. We left Epcot around 3 P.M. and the start of the line was near Nemo, crossed to the other side of Epcot under Spaceship Earth and then folded back. We'll try again tomorrow, maybe.
Yikes! Here’s wishing you better luck tomorrow. I love seeing new things at the parks.

Frozen while people mourn Malestrom at least is still that that part of the country.
Wait. Let me follow you. So the Malestrom ride was located in the World Showcase in Norway, right? Malestrom celebrated Norwegian culture, no? So now the Frozen ride, celebrating Arendelle, is located in Norway. Do you happen to know where the country of Arendelle is located?

But I digress. An attraction celebrating water shouldn't be in the section of Epcot celebrating Nature? Should be in another park? Okay....

I no longer have a toddler but I frequently see them exploding with rage in strollers all across property. A space for kids to be unbelted, stripped of electronic devices, and set wild is my idea of Disney progress. I miss the glorious danger of Honey We Shrunk the Kids. More please.

Wait. Let me follow you. So the Malestrom ride was located in the World Showcase in Norway, right? Malestrom celebrated Norwegian culture, no? So now the Frozen ride, celebrating Arendelle, is located in Norway. Do you happen to know where the country of Arendelle is located?

But I digress. An attraction celebrating water shouldn't be in the section of Epcot celebrating Nature? Should be in another park? Okay....

I no longer have a toddler but I frequently see them exploding with rage in strollers all across property. A space for kids to be unbelted, stripped of electronic devices, and set wild is my idea of Disney progress. I miss the glorious danger of Honey We Shrunk the Kids. More please.
Did you misread the comment you quoted? Because what I said was Frozen, which replaced Maelstrom, was still part of that country, that country being Norway. So while it was an IP there it was still in theme with the prior attraction that was there and existing pavillion.

There was a prior conversation either in this thread or not discussing play spaces and yes Disney needs more Honey I Shrunk the Kids type stuff but this Moana attraction is not that hands on. Kids get to splash around in some parts but that's kinda it. Not the climbing around, high touch stuff of the past.

In any case this you're quoting me on conversations that occurred weeks ago so forgive me if I'm not quite that engaged much anymore.

Did you misread the comment you quoted? Because what I said was Frozen, which replaced Maelstrom, was still part of that country, that country being Norway. So while it was an IP there it was still in theme with the prior attraction that was there and existing pavillion.

There was a prior conversation either in this thread or not discussing play spaces and yes Disney needs more Honey I Shrunk the Kids type stuff but this Moana attraction is not that hands on. Kids get to splash around in some parts but that's kinda it. Not the climbing around, high touch stuff of the past.

In any case this you're quoting me on conversations that occurred weeks ago so forgive me if I'm not quite that engaged much anymore.
I understand a post you made two weeks ago doesn't engage you but I just read it today.

Your argument was that the intellectual property of Frozen fits in Norway because it is from Norway, but that Moana does not fit in Epcot's redesigned nature world.

I found that to be a ridiculous argument since while Arendelle was heavily influenced by imagineer study and trips to Norway, it doesn't actually exist.

I understand a post you made two weeks ago doesn't engage you but I just read it today.

Your argument was that the intellectual property of Frozen fits in Norway because it is from Norway, but that Moana does not fit in Epcot's redesigned nature world.

I found that to be a ridiculous argument since while Arendelle was heavily influenced by imagineer study and trips to Norway, it doesn't actually exist.
You're taking your argument for why it does fit and trying to apply your reasoning to my argument for why it didn't. For instance you think my issue is mythology but I never said that was an issue. Maelstrom, Frozen and Moana all are incorporating cultures but that was not my issue in the least.

For quite a while the area that has the Seas, The Land, and where Moana is was Future World. You're correct that its location being next to The Seas and Land help with reverting to World Nature but it's more that it abuts it rather than it's part of it. The part where Moana is located at was originally Innovations West (IIRC) in Future World. In a prior comment I discussed that learning about water was in theme however the Poly aspect to Moana was not. Most of my discussion was based on two points either the Poly aspect or the clash up of sci-fi/futuristic being so close. But as I also said Disney hasn't cared about cohesiveness in years, this is my perspective on how I feel, one that isn't just shared by me and me alone in terms of it not fitting. Some share my viewpoint others have their own but regardless not everyone thinks it fits. If people ask or make what are probably rhetorical questions about why so and so doesn't think it works people are probably going to comment for why they think it doesn't, and multiple posters throughout this thread kept saying "I don't get..." well people are explaining it 🤷‍♀️

If all you'd like to do is say "the argument is ridiculous" weeks after the original discussion took place you'll have to forgive me but I'm out :flower3: honestly I'm kinda out either way because like I said I'm not that engaged anymore, though no offense to you as it's not to do with you in particular.

I read the whole string but thanks for the summary.

I didn't say your viewpoint was ridiculous. Your opinion is important and as valid as everyone else's opinion. I said your argument was ridiculous. You said that the Frozen ride is fine in the Norway pavilion because Frozen was set in Norway. Frozen is set in an imaginary place. Therefore, imaginary places fit anywhere in Epcot it it's current, evolving state.

It's quite possible when I get there myself I will think that the attraction is strangely situated. Epcot is a mess. Here's hoping the world building continues at a much more rapid pace and makes more sense to all when it is complete.

So…I did the preview on Monday…does it belong…does it not belong…I don’t really care…I’m glad I got to go in once but it’s not going to be a ‘must do’ for me…however, if I have little ones with me, I would change my tune and definitely try to take them…

So…I did the preview on Monday…does it belong…does it not belong…I don’t really care…I’m glad I got to go in once but it’s not going to be a ‘must do’ for me…however, if I have little ones with me, I would change my tune and definitely try to take them…
May I ask how long you waited yesterday and was it still VQ? We went on Sunday but had to leave the line due to my poor planning. We were supposed to go to Epcot today but went to MK instead.

We stumbled on the preview and were able to walk right in at 3:30 pm on Monday. I thought it was very well done if you think of it as a glorified and themed splash pad. Which was actually perfect for my 3 kids who range in age from 3 to 12. I know that's a little unique but this was one of the only attractions that all three truly enjoyed together which is sorta magical.

I love that my big kids can do the new e-ticket rides now but honestly, Disney needs some new and refreshed areas that are good for the preschool age as well.

May I ask how long you waited yesterday and was it still VQ? We went on Sunday but had to leave the line due to my poor planning. We were supposed to go to Epcot today but went to MK instead.
My time was 5pm - was in line for @45 minutes

I haven’t commented until today because I wanted to see it first. I did the passholder preview. There was no line to get in. Just walked in. According to my photos this was just after noon.

Our children’s museum has a huge display explaining the water table. JoW puts it to shame explaining the journey of water. Visually it’s stunning. And if you take time to read the signs, it’s educational. Also, if you take time to explore, you’ll find some Easter eggs.

Is JoW at Epcot just an added attraction that Disney built so as to not to have to staff it? There is no way I would waste my precious time with such with only one Epcot day in January.
This is what we get for our $150+ per day ticket. I'm with you, not wasting anytime in this area. This will be good news to everyone out there that would rather that complainers simply stay home. Disney has finally broken our backs on pricing. We are DVC members and still love to use it, however, it won't be for Disney anymore. There are many, many other things to do while enjoying the warm weather a few weeks a year in Florida. Won't be surprised if this gets 'censored' and removed, that's fine. Wouldn't want to wash the pixie dust off anyone.

Did Journey of Water yesterday around 9am. There's no wait anymore. Maybe 5 minutes. The first day was an anomaly. Same with Figment, about 15 minutes.

Did Journey of Water yesterday around 9am. There's no wait anymore. Maybe 5 minutes. The first day was an anomaly. Same with Figment, about 15 minutes.
Saw Figment easily as I exited the ride yesterday by happenstance. He was just coming out for his appearance. There were maybe 45 people waiting for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter