July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Hi There! My family and I will be Disney Cruising for the very first time on this cruise, and i'd love to learn more and get involved with the Fish Extender exchange! There are 12 of us in all, but My husband, myself and kiddos will be in rooms 9044 and 9046, and we are Myself, Hubs, 2 boys 15 (he will have his birthday on board!) and 10, 2 girls - 13 and 4 (she will also be turning 4 on board!) SO what's involved??? :D :D
Polly

Welcome welcome Pollybrit! So excited to have you join in with us! You will LOVE your first cruise, it is just amazing and so much fun! Especially to celebrate two birthdays on board! Last cruise my oldest DD and I celebrated. Be sure you have it noted on your reservation and they will sing to you at dinner and bring a special dessert. It was really special!

Fish extenders... if you look on the main board and search I am sure you can find a multitude of threads about this. In brief, it is kind of like a secret santa gift exchange! You join a group, you get the list of cabins and families(how many adults, children and ages, etc) and you come up with something to give to each family. It can be one family gift or a little something for each person in the cabin, whatever you want to do! It can be bought or made, no rules except that you agree to deliver something to each family once during the cruise and you will hand a "fish extender" which will collect your gifts on one of your rooms! Thats it! If you have more questions just ask away! We have decided we are going to limit our groups to 10 families per list, and let families choose if they want to join more than one list... this keeps it a bit smaller which helps the expense and trying to haul stuff down there. If you would like to participate after reading this, just let me know and I can happily add you to our growing list. I would assume you will have one fish extender for your whole family? (We are a family of six and also have two cabins but just hang one fish extender). Anyway, just update me if you want to, and of any allergies in your family and if you want to be in one group or more.

rooandtigger I am so anxious to hear MNSSHP updates! Have a blast! So jealous!

Welcome welcome Pollybrit! So excited to have you join in with us! You will LOVE your first cruise, it is just amazing and so much fun! Especially to celebrate two birthdays on board! Last cruise my oldest DD and I celebrated. Be sure you have it noted on your reservation and they will sing to you at dinner and bring a special dessert. It was really special!

Fish extenders... if you look on the main board and search I am sure you can find a multitude of threads about this. In brief, it is kind of like a secret santa gift exchange! You join a group, you get the list of cabins and families(how many adults, children and ages, etc) and you come up with something to give to each family. It can be one family gift or a little something for each person in the cabin, whatever you want to do! It can be bought or made, no rules except that you agree to deliver something to each family once during the cruise and you will hand a "fish extender" which will collect your gifts on one of your rooms! Thats it! If you have more questions just ask away! We have decided we are going to limit our groups to 10 families per list, and let families choose if they want to join more than one list... this keeps it a bit smaller which helps the expense and trying to haul stuff down there. If you would like to participate after reading this, just let me know and I can happily add you to our growing list. I would assume you will have one fish extender for your whole family? (We are a family of six and also have two cabins but just hang one fish extender). Anyway, just update me if you want to, and of any allergies in your family and if you want to be in one group or more.

rooandtigger I am so anxious to hear MNSSHP updates! Have a blast! So jealous!

Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes please, we'd love to join in with this! It will be great fun for the kids! I will ask my brother and sil if they want to join in too!
Polly xx

Anyone thinking about excursions yet?!

For Tortola we really want to go to the Baths, probably through the DCL excursion.

For St Thomas /St John I'm looking at either the champagne catamaran or trunk bay beach excursion.

For Castaway cay wr will probably just rent a few floats. I ran the 5K last trip and it was fun but SO hot and this will be July so probably not this time!

We are flying in 2 days before and staying at POP with 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets for the fri. I am so excited as we were last there in 2012. Kids don't know yet about this part and it's KILLING me to keep the secret!

Post cruise we fly home same day.
Anyone else?

Anyone thinking about excursions yet?!

For Tortola we really want to go to the Baths, probably through the DCL excursion.

For St Thomas /St John I'm looking at either the champagne catamaran or trunk bay beach excursion.

For Castaway cay wr will probably just rent a few floats. I ran the 5K last trip and it was fun but SO hot and this will be July so probably not this time!

We are flying in 2 days before and staying at POP with 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets for the fri. I am so excited as we were last there in 2012. Kids don't know yet about this part and it's KILLING me to keep the secret!

Post cruise we fly home same day.
Anyone else?
Excursions for us looking at two for St Johns
St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel (ST21) or Castaway Catamaran Sail & Snorkel to Shipwreck Cove (ST29) - leaning towards the Shipwreck Cove
Tortola - Jost Van Dyke Beach Day (TT14) - Google White Bay Beach or check out trip advisor. I have done a good amount of homework on this one so if there are questions just ask.
CC -- Cabana, Family Beach (Me, DW & DS are in concierge so we should be good)

Flying in Friday before and just gonna stay at Airport Hyatt as DD & future SIL will be coming in from San Diego. He is in Navy stationed in SD, and after DD spring semester is over / DS HS graduation she is heading out to SD to spend most of summer with him o_O We too will be returning home on debarkation day.

We've not spent much time looking at excursions yet, but need to do so soon. I had read about the Baths at Tortola and think that may be something we look to do.

While it still feels like a long time from now, I know I need to focus on this soon and be ready to go!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hi everyone!!! Please bear with me as I have never used dis boards nor have I been on a cruise let alone a Disney one. My fiancé and I are getting married in March and this trip is a delayed honeymoon!!! We are super excited to go!!! Wed love to join in on the FE! Can't wait to meet everyone and have an awesome time!!!

Last edited:
im not sure how to pm you as I'm still learning this site but I would like my fiancé and I to be added to the fish extender

Hello Ruth! So excited to see a meet thread! I'm guessing you mean July 16 though yes? If so we are also booked on this cruise!

We are a family of 6 and next summer kids will be DD14, DS 11, DS 8 and DD 5. We are from Iowa. This will be our third cruise...we did the Dream in June 2013 and just did the Magic March 2015. Both were such wonderful trips we couldn't wait to go again so rebooked and settled on this week!

We will definitely be in for fish extender exchange and are SO excited to check out the Fantasy and the Eastern ports!

FISH EXTENDER LISTS-
Please PM me or post on the thread if you would like to join a FE group. We will limit to 10 families per group. If you have more than one cabin, let us know if each one will have its own FE or just one. We will close lists as we hit 10 families and start a new one. If you would like to join more than one list, just let me know and how many! Please let me know if any allergies. Rules are otherwise open, you can give a cabin gift or one per person and can deliver any day of your choice during the cruise. Finally if your plans change and you will no longer be cruising or doing FE please post or PM asap! Thank you!
Group 1:
Madzac- 7514/7516 DH, DW, DD14, DS11, DS8 and DD5.
2. JerseyBernie- 9652- Mom, DS(adult), DD(adult), DGS7
3. JB DD-9162- DW, DH, DS12 and DD10
4. IndyMouseFan- 7512 -DW, DH and DS15
5. Roe_earth_globe- 6582- DH, DW , DD18, DD14
6. Disneywells- TBA- DH, DW, DD14, DS 10
7. Nerosfamily -7580- DH, DW, DD16, DD14 (birthday!)
8. Jennifer Crunelle- 7062- DH, DW, DS7, DD5(birthday!)
9. Pollybrit- 9044/9046- DH, DW, DS15(birthday), DD13, DS10, DD4(birthday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter