July 17 what time are you going to get in line?

tink71973

Mouseketeer
I have to be there for the big 50. I am just wondering what time people will start arriving. Will you wait in line the night before ? :confused3

I will be sleeping at the Disneyland Hotel. I hope that it doesn't get that crazy.

We boot our room over a year ago we are so excited about this trip. :banana: :cool1: :crazy:

We don't know when Disney will start allowing line-ups or letting us (those not staying in the area) into the parking garage. I just know that some friends and I are carpooling and getting there very early--we just don't know how early at this point and probably won't decide until it gets much closer (and maybe Disney tells us what they'll be letting us do). I do know one thing--it's gonna be crazy that day.

Many people on other Disneyland message boards are talking about "camping" out. I for one will arrive at between 6:30 - 7am on that day, depending on how the crowds look from our hotel accross the way.

Will they be "camping out" outside of the bag-check stations? DD and I will also be across the way on Harbor and don't know when to go over. We are blocked-out for the 17th and I was thinking of buying block-out tickets but it sounds as if I should upgrade to premium on the 16th...do you think that's best?? When do you think the ticket booths will open??

Itinkso said:
Will they be "camping out" outside of the bag-check stations? DD and I will also be across the way on Harbor and don't know when to go over. We are blocked-out for the 17th and I was thinking of buying block-out tickets but it sounds as if I should upgrade to premium on the 16th...do you think that's best?? When do you think the ticket booths will open??
I'm not sure when they open but I am upgrading my AP too. I will be waiting in line and my mom will join me later. It should be even more crazy than the 5th. I just hoep TDA is ready for us all! :D

I heard that the parking lot will open at 6:30 AM. I haven't decided if I am going to go up on the 17th or not, but if I do then 6:30 AM is when I will show up.

Melissa

DH and I have the "Walt" package for the 50th, so we will have a breakfast at dawn on the Mark Twain in the park on the 17th.

Suzi

so Had any one change their mind on what time to arrive?
I have 2 kids so I think I will show of around 5:30 am
and have the kids join me around 7:00am what do you guys
thnk ? :mickeybar

Personally I think that you may have issues with people late joining you-

I know on the 5th they shut off the esplanade once the lines hit DCA and held people at the Bag Check stations so if this happens on the 17th you may have a hard time meeting back up. If thats okay then I say go for it but if staying togeather is important I would recommend being togeather in line

I have yet to decide when I'll be there- The latest will be 5:30 though

-em

Can people line up at the monorail...for those staying on Disney property or is this not a viable option?

disneychrista said:
I was planning on 6:30 but am getting nervous and might have to change that to earlier.

I think you are right. We were planning on 6ish, but I am thinking more along the lines of 4ish or even earlier???

I can't see going out there any earlier than 6. I booked the GC for that reason.

TDC Nala said:
I can't see going out there any earlier than 6. I booked the GC for that reason.

I might need to hook you up to a Diet Coke IV drip.

DonnettaR said:
Can people line up at the monorail...for those staying on Disney property or is this not a viable option?
oooh.. you know I never thought of that. I believe the monorail will open it's queue for guest when the park opens at 8am while guests can enter to Main Street at 7:30. I would do that except I want to go in through the main gates and get a locker! It's going to be a long day.

When the park opens at 8 they DO NOT let you on to Main Street until 8.

iceskatejen said:
When the park opens at 8 they DO NOT let you on to Main Street until 8.
hmm.. it's been a while since I have been there in the summer. I guess we will have to wait and see for that day to see if it changes.

When we was there May 13th this year they let us into the gates at about 8:30 but the park didnt open until 9. They had a rope at the end of main street keeping us from going any further. At 9am there was a little ceremony on the speakers and the rope dropped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter