July 2016

Just was able to book the fantastic dining package!
A question maybe someone can answer. DS wants to go see Shamu. Anyway to get transportation to sea world from the Swan and Dolphin? I need 2 car seats so Uber is not going to work.

We booked our upcoming trip over Christmas break while we were all off wishing it was summer. Here's what we have so far:
  • Dates - July 9th returning July 19th
  • Resort - Boardwalk - Water View
  • Dining Booked
    • Sanaa
    • Be Our Guest
    • MoriMoto's
    • Spice Road Table
    • Chef du France
  • Fastpass+ planned out and waiting for booking date
We will be driving down again this year but taking my wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee (I bought her for Christmas) instead of my Jeep Wrangler JK. Should be a bit more comfortable but not nearly as fun in the sun.
146660-96e0ed4f7e5b4252779cdc8e1a26f6fc.jpg
verse
146657-41b71d0baffdb91cf3746ff6f09dc643.jpg

I know it will be faster and should get much better gas money (more $$ for souvenirs).

We also booked 4 days in Cocoa beach at the end of the trip to unwind a bit. Always like to end our Disney trips with a stop on the coast.

Attachments

• 20150418_130156.jpg
    20150418_130156.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20151224_151715_edited.jpg
    20151224_151715_edited.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Keeps getting closer to our vacation! We are down to 169 days! Lol! Just thinking of all the hot weather we are going to encounter as we sit here freezing in Iowa!

We have a no-kids trip July 2-7 at SOG. Really excited about being able to tour Disney like the good ole days when we didn't need to worry about strollers and diaper changes!

Booked our trip New Years Eve. Me, DB, D sis-in-law, DM and two DN's. July 13-July 20 at POP!. The DN's are ecstatic to be going back to POP! they missed it last year when we tried CBR. We were then able to add the Free Meal per day per person per night to our trip when they announced that. Every little bit of savings helps us summer folks. We also had very good luck with our ADR's when they opened. We are very much looking forward to the new Soarin' and Rivers of Light in AK if they will be open in July.

We are very much looking forward to the new Soarin' and Rivers of Light in AK if they will be open in July.

What is the Rivers of Light? sounds interesting

I am a little concerned about the heat and the baby. anyone has ties to share?

Rivers of Light in AK is supposed to be a new nighttime show around some of the waterways, with music and lighting effects.

I am wondering when they will open Rivers of Light. As of right now, AK is closing at 5 pm every night we are there in late July. Here's hoping that changes!

Guess I get to stay home today with the 15+inches of snow and wind coming my way! You know it's the real deal when Jim Cantore from the weather chanel is here and they have pulled the plows and closed the interstate! Guess I will have to sit and add more plans to our vacation!

I just booked a trip this afternoon out of nowhere! My girlfriend and I bought tickets for a concert in Orlando and I thought, hm, maybe a Disney trip...? I quickly thought about the summer heat and crowds and thought, nah, nevermind. My girlfriend has never been, though, and we saw a deal today and jumped on it! So, we'll be there July 4 - 10, for a quick trip! Super pumped! I'm hoping for rope drop mornings and late nights. So happy to be a part of the July crew! :rainbow:

Last edited:
First trip for myself, DH and kids! We're all very excited! July 9 - 15th.

Also are thunderstorms common in July? I was planning for heat and humidity but hadn't really thought about Thunderstorms! Do they pass through usually?

First trip for myself, DH and kids! We're all very excited! July 9 - 15th.

Also are thunderstorms common in July? I was planning for heat and humidity but hadn't really thought about Thunderstorms! Do they pass through usually?

Last time I was at WDW in July was in 2013 and it rained every afternoon. Not once it rained in the morning. It was usually fine a couple of hours later, but you could get soaked, so packing ponchos is a must. One more reason to take a midday break, when we did we always avoided the rain.

Booked from July 9 to 15 right now at pop. Trying to switch to the end of the week, and we are spending a day or two at universal and staying off site for that.

Just evidence to celebrate our 5 year anniversary at WDW!!! July 14-18! Short trip for us but our first without kids!! Yay! So excited!!!

Is anyone going to keep track of the vacations and dates like they do in other threads? Usually it is like the first page. We are staying July 27th - 31st at BLT! Hubby and me, my 3 girls plus one of their friends and my step son. Should be interesting 7 in a bedroom! I would love to get a long weekend in before then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter