• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2019--Room Discount?

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
I realize that it is too early to book, but I was wondering whether once I can book it makes sense to do so immediately? With kids, and coming from the East Coast, we really have no choice but to go in the summer. Has anyone EVER seen any room discounts for July? I'm assuming not, and I should simply book as soon as I can in order to guarantee the room? I was leaning towards renting points but really am not thrilled with the standard view hotel room or a studio, so I'd be booking a standard room with at least an island view and hoping for 2 queen beds. Would using a TA get me the chance of a discount?

Thanks.

Hawai‘i Visitor Spending Generated $1.52 Billion in February 2018
HONOLULU – Visitors to the Hawaiian Islands spent a total of $1.52 billion in February 2018, a gain of 12.7 percent compared to a year ago, according to preliminary statistics released today by the Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA).
Total arrivals to Hawai‘i increased 10.3 percent to 778,571 visitors in February, supported by growth in arrivals by air service (+10.3% to 764,043) and by cruise ships (+8.4% to 14,528). Total visitor days1 grew 8.5 percent in February versus a year ago. The average daily census2, or number of visitors on any given day in February, was 252,965, up 8.5 percent compared to February of last year.
Spending

You can always cancel and rebook, but Hawaii is not slowing down

there’s always a chance of a discount if you book a package deal (air + hotel), but odds are it won’t be a very big discount if at all vs what you could save by dvc (even if you rent pts) + air...and odds are the majority of the discount would be via the airfare.

We are going August 2018. So far I have not seen any summer promotions offered. We used DVC rental store to rent points for a studio with garden view. It has a bed and a pull out couch. It’s my husband, myself and our 7 year old son so it should be enough space. It was about half the price and will include our parking. We are staying on the North Shore for four nights first then heading to Aulani as a huge splurge. It’s my first time renting points, so far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter