**July 2020**

Just jumping on the list for our July 2nd - 11th trip. Staying at the Poly and really hoping things are starting to open by then. I work in healthcare so i see first hand how easily this virus is spreading. It is rather scary when you feel you are doing all the right things yet it speads like wild fire.

Everyone - Wash you hands, don't touch your face, and wear a mask if you have to go out for your essentials. Maybe a little sprinkle of pixie dust would help too pixiedust:

[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!
My brain goes OH MY GOD the lines in July are going to be HORRENDOUS as all that pent up demand peaks and everyone that cancelled in March, April and May floods the parks.

Last edited:
Just changed my May reservations to June 28-July 5th. For now, I'm going to optimistic that Disney will be open. With that being said, how crazy is MK on July 4th? Are the other parks as patriotic as I imagine MK would be?

My brain goes OH MY GOD the lines in July are going to be HORRENDOUS as all that pent up demand peaks and everyone that cancelled in March, April and May floods the parks.

I feel like July is either gonna be CRAZY BUSY or the least crowded summer in years due to Disney possible capping park capacity much lower than normal to help with social distancing.

[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!

Constantly going back and forth and speculating!

Feeling pressure to cancel, but then if they open back up, I'll be sad to be missing out on the vacation I could've had! But then if they open back up and it's only in increments, with limited capacity, social distancing protocols, etc.. will I be getting a true Disney experience anyway and will I even want to go? And what if I bring the virus back to my family after my trip even though protocols are put in place but from someone that could be asymptomatic, it's not worth that, but then what if a miracle happens and there is a cure/vaccine readily available? etc. etc. It's a vicious cycle in my mind! Totally relate and feel your pain!

What is happening here in my hometown is far different than what is elsewhere. Our local little league is pretty convinced we are still playing this summer, meanwhile thousands of people are dying in New York. Florida is different as well, so it’s hard to continue planning. I get that they don’t know when they will open, just wish a definitive decision could be made on refunding/ extensions for those who have tickets and vacations booked through 2020. People can always rebook if they all of the sudden open, or rebook on their own if they are willing to do so.

Just changed my May reservations to June 28-July 5th. For now, I'm going to optimistic that Disney will be open. With that being said, how crazy is MK on July 4th? Are the other parks as patriotic as I imagine MK would be?
Not having experienced it myself I have read that the 4th is insane - christmas crowd levels, but the 3rd has the same fireworks but the crowds are lighter. Probably still busy but better than the actual 4th.

My Easter trip (would have been there now 😭) got moved to MDW, then moved again to July 23-28th! We have APs that expire mid-late May, so with a possible June 1st opening, it gives us until end of July to use.
I feel you! We would have gotten back from our Disney cruise yesterday and spent the day in AK :( Our Memorial weekend trip hasn't been cancelled yet but we booked a June trip as a back up lol and of course are totally looking forward o July! Same with my AP; set to expire 5/4 so waiting to see exactly how far put the extension goes.

i agree with feeling in limbo but we as a family have decided that if its open we are going! I have 3 teens and we want to go and have a great last family vacation (Hopefully not last but I have a senior and my twins are juniors.)
Yes!! One of many reasons we're going in July is that DS18 will be going away to college in the fall, so hopefully not "last" trip together ever but you know, " last " before things change :)

Also if you tell me your real name is Laura Ingalls I will want to be your BFF! I'm like a walking Laura Ingalls dictionary :laughing:

Yes!! One of many reasons we're going in July is that DS18 will be going away to college in the fall, so hopefully not "last" trip together ever but you know, " last " before things change :)

We have a HS Senior, too. Plus another daughter turning 16 this summer, and we are bringing her BFF (also turning 16, their birthdays are within 10 days of each other). So we are really hoping this trip can happen, even if in a somewhat "reduced" or "limited" fashion. We have APs and are planning to drive so no tickets or flights (well, the tickets were an investment but we have options there, once they finally reopen and we can decide whether to extend or get a prorated refund for closure days). We have booked accommodations through DVC with a Feb use year so if they are still closed we should be able to work something else out with those points. All that to say that we wouldn't be getting any $$ back by canceling and rescheduling, so we'll just wait & watch.

Have a trip booked for the end of May (rebooked for canceled trip in March); have booked a back-up trip for the end of July...if July doesn't happen, my tickets expire on December 15th so not sure when I can book another back-up trip...I just need Disney to open at some point in the near future :)

We have a HS Senior, too. Plus another daughter turning 16 this summer, and we are bringing her BFF (also turning 16, their birthdays are within 10 days of each other). So we are really hoping this trip can happen, even if in a somewhat "reduced" or "limited" fashion. We have APs and are planning to drive so no tickets or flights (well, the tickets were an investment but we have options there, once they finally reopen and we can decide whether to extend or get a prorated refund for closure days). We have booked accommodations through DVC with a Feb use year so if they are still closed we should be able to work something else out with those points. All that to say that we wouldn't be getting any $$ back by canceling and rescheduling, so we'll just wait & watch.
We have trips booked for end of May and early June also (re-do's for April trip) and if we get to go on one I highly expect some type of reduced experiences but we'll still go. And if they open for May/June I really hope any reduced experiences have been opened up more by July! Because we go often, just being able to go and do whatever we can, especially after being home so long, will still be fun. I just want to know when we can go at this point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter