July 2023 planning and chat thread!

Aladora

DIS Veteran
I just saw a June thread posted and when I searched I could not find one for July so here it is! I've been in threads like this in the past and there has always been a list of user names, dates of trips, and hotels if people want so I will save the first reply to this thread to add that as people want.

We've just booked a July 6-11 trip to celebrate our son's 18th birthday and his high school graduation. We have never managed to make it to DL on his actual birthday but this time we will be there for his birthday as well as on DH and my 24th wedding anniversary. Our travel party will be me, DH, DS, and my sister. We convinced her to join us on our March 2022 trip for the first time and she was hooked so now she has said we are no longer allowed to plan vacations without her. :rotfl:

So, who else is going and what are your plans? First time visitors, please feel free to ask any questions!

Adding a few key dates for July!

Park reservations can be made 120 days out and all of the days of your visit must be open before you can make reservations for a multi-day ticket.

Example: today, Jan 10, 2023 I cannot make reservations for a 5 day ticket with the first park day May 10 but I can if I start booking on May 6.

Magic Key Holders can make park reservations 90 days out.

July 1, 2023 reservations will open up on March 3, 2023.

Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) can be made 60 days out from the date you want to book. Typically, daily ADRs are loaded and ready to be booked at 6am. I believe that Disneyland ADRs use PST as opposed to WDW which uses EST for when they are loaded, but I am not 100% certain about that! Unlike WDW, you cannot book ADRs for your entire stay once the first day of your trip opens up, instead you have to wait until each day is open before booking it.

Example: today, Jan 10, 2023 I can make ADRs for March 11 but I cannot make any past that date. If I were going March 11-15, I would be able to make an ADR for March 12 tomorrow and so on.

July 1, 2023 ADRs will open up May 2, 2023.

For booking Napa Rose Chef's Counter you have to call the restaurant to book. Bookings open up 2 months prior, on the 1st of the month for that entire month.

July 1, 2023 Chef's Counter reservations will open up May 1, 2023 and all dates in July will be open on the same day.

Adding refub info:

Dumbo - July 3 only
Soarin' - July 5 - July 14
Monorail - July 5 - ?
Alice in Wonderland - July 5 - 20
Toy Store Midway Mania - July 17 - ?
Mr. Toad - July 24 - ?

Last edited:
List of July 2023 people!

June 28-July 2 - Blue32
June 28-July 3 - remyvisitsDLR - PPH
June 29-July 5 - E&Cmom - HOJO
June 30-July 5 - Snoopygirl - Holiday Inn Express
July 1-4 - Philsfan77 - GCH/VGC
July 2 - tlovesdis
July 2-7 - CandyMouse - CCI
July 2-8 - kj2mom - Good neighbour hotel
July 2-9 - CaoilinnsMom - VGC
July 3-5 - Ned911 - PPH
July 3-6 - ClaudiaKinkaid
July 3-7 - DisneyCatMom21 - CGH
July 4-11 - DisneyJac - BWPP
July 5-10 - Chami
July 5-9 - Pluto468 - GCH + ?
July 6-11 - Aladora - DLH
July 7-9 - J_GN - DLH
July 7-12 - Andrea0710
July 8-13 - zuzu310
July 9-11 - lblume91 - DLH
July 14-15 - Desert Girl
July 14-16 - abent
July 14-18 - SwirlyGirly
July 15-19 - freshstart19 - DLH
July 16-17 - mcbj - Home2 Suites
July 16-19 - KPeterso - VGC
July 16-19 - DizMe
July 17-21 - Zdog - CCI
July 18-21 - jimitrout - Dolphin Cove/FFI
July 21-24 - Kip Herner - Courtyard Park Entrance
July 24-28 - GoHorns96 - Camelot
July 24-30 - Rich Bastien - VGC
July 25 - THE3jsmom
July 26-29 - pixiepowers - CCI
July 27-31 - modegard - BWPP
July 27-31 - amic - GCH
July 27-31 - ahintz - Tropicana
July 28-Aug 4 - Disney Ron - GCH
July 30-31 - tkradtke - Sheraton Park
July 30-Aug 3 - Becx N Gav - VGC

Early July, no dates specified:
PrincessKL - VGC

Last edited:
I'm in! We're heading to Disneyland 7.17-7.21. It's a first-time trip for us as we've traveled many times to WDW with the kids, but this is our first trip to Disneyland and SoCal. Also a first as this trip will feature no kids, but traveling with another couple. Back on DisBoards after a lengthy hiatus, and very happy to be here. Many more questions to follow, including the need for a rental car, but those will come in the months ahead. For now, we're booked on flights and Candy Cane Inn, and awaiting the window to open for park tickets. Is there any way to purchase outside the 60-day window?

I'm in! We're heading to Disneyland 7.17-7.21. It's a first-time trip for us as we've traveled many times to WDW with the kids, but this is our first trip to Disneyland and SoCal. Also a first as this trip will feature no kids, but traveling with another couple. Back on DisBoards after a lengthy hiatus, and very happy to be here. Many more questions to follow, including the need for a rental car, but those will come in the months ahead. For now, we're booked on flights and Candy Cane Inn, and awaiting the window to open for park tickets. Is there any way to purchase outside the 60-day window?
Welcome! Happy to answer any questions you might have!

You can’t buy tickets direct through Disneyland this early but I am certain you can get them through resellers and add them to your Disney account, making park reservations when your dates open up in a few months.

We have not bought tickets yet but plan on doing so in the next week or two!

Last edited:

Well….we are technically June and July. 5 park days for us… June 28 thru July 2. We are pretty excited to be headed back to DLR. We haven’t been since the 60th Anniversary summer.

Well….we are technically June and July. 5 park days for us… June 28 thru July 2. We are pretty excited to be headed back to DLR. We haven’t been since the 60th Anniversary summer.

We were originally going June 30-July 5 because I was not able to get the 2 bedroom suite for the days we wanted. Booked what I could get but a few days later our dates opened up so I was able to modify our reservation!

I was kinda looking forward to being in the parks for Canada Day but I am SO happy that we are finally going to be there on our son's actual birthday now!

I don't have a solid plan yet, so you don't need to add me to the list at this point, but I usually go for DL's birthday (July 17).

Hi, I've just discovered this thread and I would like to be added to the list please!
I will be travelling with my son and close friend to California from the UK in late July, we're staying with by brother and SIL near San Francisco.
Then SIL, nephew (7), DS (8), friend and I are heading to DL (all first timers) check in GCV Sunday 30th July for 5 nights - we managed to rent point to get a 1 bed villa! Then a few more nights afterwards in Anaheim.
So excited, this is my first US Disney trip since 2011, my son's first Disney park (except DLRP when I was pregnant with him!) and I have since found out the Dis Podcast team are organising a party on 4th August! No other details yet but I'm considering booking DLH for the night of the 4th!
Looking at mainly doing quick service as this will be easier for the fussy eaters! I'm trying not to schedule too much although nephew will qualify for DAS so we can work around that and use it to get on some must-do's without Genie+. We've purchased 5 day tickets (non-park hopper) so we can take our time a bit and re-ride the stuff the boys like!
I just can't wait to be there and experience the park! To think that Walt was actually there and had so much influence (creative genius!) on the park! I'm excited that the DVC lounge should be open by then too! I think that's going to be a nice place to chill for a bit especially as we wait for the ride return times to open from DAS!
After the Disney part we're going to do other things in the LA area - Knotsberry Farm and Universal (I've not told my son they will have a Mario World - he thinks' it's only in Japan and has been asking about going there!). Not sure what else yet!

My first (of many probably!) question is when can I book our park days? Want to make sure everyone has their tickets, I have my sons and mine's tickets but my friend doesn't have his and not sure about SIL

My first (of many probably!) question is when can I book our park days? Want to make sure everyone has their tickets, I have my sons and mine's tickets but my friend doesn't have his and not sure about SIL

I was looking at the calendar on the Disneyland website and it goes to May 10, 2023 for booking park reservations so it seems as though it goes exactly 120 days out. Based on that number, your first date should open up April 1, 2023.

This is a really good question and I will make a note of reservation and ADR dates in my first post so everyone can see when they can book! :)

Looking forward to being in DL again this summer! July 27th to 31st, staying at the Best Western Park Place across the road. We usually do not go mid summer but it works out that we are in Vegas for my son's 21st birthday early that we so we will head over to Disney for a few days. I am hoping it will not be too busy. :-)

How is everyone's planning going? I am itching to get to making dining reservations but have to wait until March or even May (Napa Rose Chefs Counter) to start making them.

So far, on my list of ADRs to make are the following:
Napa Rose Chefs Counter
WoC dessert party
Blue Bayou Fantasmic lunch or dinner
Oga's (but might just do walk up if I can't get a decent time, we did this in March and it worked really well!)

I'm also considering getting drinks at Trader Sam's, my sister has never been so I think she would really enjoy this. We usually take a mid-day break back at the hotel so this would work out well.

We are there July 4 (arrival day, not a park day) to July 11 (departure day, not a park day).

We are staying at the Best Western Park Place right across the street from the gates. I’m extra excited about this trip because it’s just me and DD (age 12) going and we are leaving DS AND DH at home. DD is participating in Dance the Magic and will be dancing down main street on Sat, July 8. We will also be doing one day at Universal on this trip. This will be our 5th DL trip but our first in the summer time. The length of stay means that we should be able to take it pretty slow and really soak up the atmosphere.

We are there July 4 (arrival day, not a park day) to July 11 (departure day, not a park day).

We are staying at the Best Western Park Place right across the street from the gates. I’m extra excited about this trip because it’s just me and DD (age 12) going and we are leaving DS AND DH at home. DD is participating in Dance the Magic and will be dancing down main street on Sat, July 8. We will also be doing one day at Universal on this trip. This will be our 5th DL trip but our first in the summer time. The length of stay means that we should be able to take it pretty slow and really soak up the atmosphere.

Welcome to the thread, I have added you to the list!

We are in. Staying at VGC 7/16 - 7/19 for our summer staycation and Disneyland's 68th birthday. We go around these dates every year for a staycation.

One note on the park reservations dates. Magic Keys can only book 90 days out. May want to add that note to that information above.

We are in. Staying at VGC 7/16 - 7/19 for our summer staycation and Disneyland's 68th birthday. We go around these dates every year for a staycation.

One note on the park reservations dates. Magic Keys can only book 90 days out. May want to add that note to that information above.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up about MK and park reservations! I've added that to my first post!

My family and I will be there 7/16 & 7/17 my birthday is the 16th and of course DL’s is the 17th! It will be my husband, my DS 23 and DD 18! We consider WDW our home park but made the trip to DL for my 50th five years ago and loved it! This is a picture of us on that trip! We will be coming off a cruise on the 15th heading to our hotel and DTD, and resting up for our two park days. We are staying at Home2 suites with some hotel points, I love that they have free laundry, so I may do a couple loads if I don’t do it on the ship at some point! Can’t wait! Not sure if I’m more excited for the cruise or Disneyland!

876B6F18-17F8-4891-9952-6FA7725D4C97.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter