July 3rd and 4th

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
quick questions. On the third we have dinner at the poly then we’re going to go at 7pm to MK. Will we be able to get in or will it be filled?

July 4th. We are scheduled for Hollywood studios. Will this park reach capacity? We were thinking of going at 1030am. Wondering if we should go at open.
Also fantasmic is at 9 and Star Wars show 930. Can we see both?

Thanks

MK could potentially reach phase closure at that point, so you'll want to check what point you'd be phased out. However, you'd probably be OK to get in as it doesn't always reach phase. Regardless, if you're walking in at 7pm on July 3rd just expect it to be packed.

HS will not reach capacity. Yes, you can see F! and SW, but you'd have to rush. Leave F! just as the finale is going on and hustle to Star Wars. If you want to sit through the entire finale of F! and have to leave with the rest of the crowd, you won't make it.

We are doing the same thing July 3. We have an ADR at 415 at Storybook and the planning on going to MK after. We aren’t even going to try to watch the fireworks in the hub. Our 1st FP is PP from 530-630. Do you think we will be able to make it? Since we are staying at AKL, we can still get in unless it’s phase 4 right?

In my experience, MK and Epcot crowd control is VERY good on these special days like 7/3-4 and NYE. They do things you don’t normally see - taped paths through major choke points, lots of CMs stationed all over to keep things moving, they open up the bypasses and other non-traditional backstage areas for viewing areas. It’s ugly, but the MK front entrance will have metal barricades and switchbacks set up to help with crowd flow.

At some point crowds are at a level that things do get really squeezed in and it becomes harder to move around effectively, but it’s really not all ‘that bad’ in my experience.

Now leaving is another story, but getting there mid/late afternoon/early evening is workable.

As always, YMMV. Good luck!

We were at HS on the 4th in 2017 and it seemed oddly not crowded. We had our 3 FP+ and then were able to add on immediate FP+ (4 people) for top rides until we were ready to leave in the late afternoon. This was before Toy Story Land. I've avoided MK until the 5th because I'm just afraid of that many people in one spot!

I have reservations for Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace on July 3rd at MK (just happen to log on today, there it was. Have been trying for weeks)and Star Wars Dessert Party on July 4th at HS. Don't plan on being at either one until late afternoon. I hope this should get me in the door even if it has reached phased closure, correct? What happens if I get turned away?

I have reservations for Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace on July 3rd at MK (just happen to log on today, there it was. Have been trying for weeks)and Star Wars Dessert Party on July 4th at HS. Don't plan on being at either one until late afternoon. I hope this should get me in the door even if it has reached phased closure, correct? What happens if I get turned away?

That hasn't happened in 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter