• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 4th flights?

Blue32

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used July 4th as a travel day with a flight into or out of SNA or LAX I’m the past? I am curious what that holiday does to flight prices….I realize no one can know what things will be like next summer but I am wondering if having July 4th land on a Tuesday next year will help soften the rate at all. We would like to travel near that holiday next summer but flight prices are my biggest worry. Thanks for any advice you all can offer.

Not the 4th, but the 3rd. Prices were not much different from any surrounding dates.

The 4th is likely a pretty low travel day overall. People like to be at their destination by then.

Not the 4th, but the 3rd. Prices were not much different from any surrounding dates.

The 4th is likely a pretty low travel day overall. People like to be at their destination by then.

Right. We once did an international flight to Japan on (US) Thanksgiving day. The flight was wonderfully empty. IIRC, though, prices weren't much different than surrounding days.

I’m guessing surrounding days could be high though also? Our itinerary will have us flying into SNA or LAX from Tulsa, OK.

I’m guessing surrounding days could be high though also? Our itinerary will have us flying into SNA or LAX from Tulsa, OK.

If it's anything like this last summer, the prices will just be high, period. You might save $20-30 per person moving the travel date around, but probably not enough to make one date significantly cheaper than another.

Has anyone used July 4th as a travel day with a flight into or out of SNA or LAX I’m the past? I am curious what that holiday does to flight prices….I realize no one can know what things will be like next summer but I am wondering if having July 4th land on a Tuesday next year will help soften the rate at all. We would like to travel near that holiday next summer but flight prices are my biggest worry. Thanks for any advice you all can offer.
We flew into SNA on the 4th of July this year. Tickets at that time were pretty typical for the general time of year, not significantly higher or lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter