JULY W.I.S.H. Challenge - Summer of Positive Change

1. The mental health aspect of losing weight. If you aren’t in the right place mentally you won’t be able to make the necessary changes.

This is so true! I have family members who would probably say emotional eating was their biggest hurdle.

2. Find your tribe.

This group, of course!

3. Find your purpose/the reason you want to lose weight.

This is probably the biggest of today's points for me. I'm not necessarily motivated by being a certain weight for a trip or something, but I do best when I keep in mind how much better I feel when I'm eating healthy and exercising!

PS: I met my water goal for yesterday. :) - And I agree with @Oneanne on the extra steps!!

Well today is my consultation for my oral surgery ($140 out of pocket so he can tell me that I need my tooth pulled :headache:.) I was hoping to have my surgery today right after the consultation. I still have thrush. This will be my fifth dosage of the third medication to get rid of it. I'm not cancelling my appointment. Even if he won't perform the surgery, we can at least get the consultation out of the way. I just really want this tooth out. Then in a month when it hopefully heals well, I can get an implant or bridge. I'm sure he will choose implant since it costs thousands more.

I'm a BIG baby. Please pray for me or think good thoughts or whatever good vibes you can send to the universe for me. I need any help I can get.

Well today is my consultation for my oral surgery ($140 out of pocket so he can tell me that I need my tooth pulled :headache:.) I was hoping to have my surgery today right after the consultation. I still have thrush. This will be my fifth dosage of the third medication to get rid of it. I'm not cancelling my appointment. Even if he won't perform the surgery, we can at least get the consultation out of the way. I just really want this tooth out. Then in a month when it hopefully heals well, I can get an implant or bridge. I'm sure he will choose implant since it costs thousands more.

I'm a BIG baby. Please pray for me or think good thoughts or whatever good vibes you can send to the universe for me. I need any help I can get.
Hope all goes well for you today. Since you’re already there and mentally prepared, I hope they go ahead and pull the tooth-I sympathize with your anxiety. I would hate to have my blood pressure taken in my dentist office!

And yay on losing two more pounds!!!

It’s another beautiful morning!

Healthwise I got on the scale this morning and am happy with where I am right now. Clothes fit and I feel good.

Picked up two more books at my library’s curbside pickup-so glad they are doing this! I’m just not watching tv right now and like sitting outside with a good book.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Woohoo...
... I've been out for morning walks three days in a row now. This morning after my walk I was sitting on the front porch for a while and the hummingbird who flies right up to me and looks me directly in the eye came to visit.
... I'm taking Friday off. I need to keep below the cap for earning PTO hours, so I put in some long weekends and this is the first one. I'm going to drive over to Port Townsend and have lunch with my Niece.
... earlier in the week I watched my favorite skin care expert interview Kate Somerville (I use several of her products) and she demonstrated using the back of a spoon to do a lymphatic facial massage and I've started doing it... it really does make a difference with allergy puffiness.
... I did buy something this week, I had to replace my Nutribullet. I'm OK with replacing stuff, it's the impulse see-it-have-to-have-it shopping that needs to get under control. Shops are open in Port Townsend, so I'm going to give myself permission to buy something, if there's something I really, really like, but will stay in the $20 range again.
... beautiful summer weather again today.

edited to add: drank my pitcher full of water yesterday.

Last edited:
Woohoo- it’s our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years ago today was a very rainy day. But today is filled with sunshine. (To be honest, the last two days have been wonderful here at camp, but today I’m really struggling with our Mexico trip being cancelled...or postponed until maybe next year). But trying to focus on the good things. Woohoo- I finished another book. Woohoo-We are going hiking today.

Woohoo- it’s our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years ago today was a very rainy day. But today is filled with sunshine. (To be honest, the last two days have been wonderful here at camp, but today I’m really struggling with our Mexico trip being cancelled...or postponed until maybe next year). But trying to focus on the good things. Woohoo- I finished another book. Woohoo-We are going hiking today.
Happy Anniversary! 💞👰💒🤵💞

ED91D329-9C00-4DA1-BE22-4B61A25512A4.jpeg

Woo Hoo Wednesday!

I lost two more pounds!!!!!
Yay! So glad all your hard work is starting to pay off!

Sending positive intentions! Aside from the prescriptions you have been taking, have you tried any salt-rinse/ baking soda type home remedies?

Woohoo...
... I've been out for morning walks three days in a row now. This morning after my walk I was sitting on the front porch for a while and the hummingbird who flies right up to me and looks me directly in the eye came to visit.
... I'm taking Friday off. I need to keep below the cap for earning PTO hours, so I put in some long weekends and this is the first one. I'm going to drive over to Port Townsend and have lunch with my Niece.
... earlier in the week I watched my favorite skin care expert interview Kate Somerville (I use several of her products) and she demonstrated using the back of a spoon to do a lymphatic facial massage and I've started doing it... it really does make a difference with allergy puffiness.
... I did buy something this week, I had to replace my Nutribullet. I'm OK with replacing stuff, it's the impulse see-it-have-to-have-it shopping that needs to get under control. Shops are open in Port Townsend, so I'm going to give myself permission to buy something, if there's something I really, really like, but will stay in the $20 range again.
... beautiful summer weather again today.

edited to add: drank my pitcher full of water yesterday.
Yay for time off! Yay for you drinking your water, and yay! for shopping!

Happy Anniversary!

Ok, so woohoos from me...

I bought a few new-to-me clothes today... haven't even tried them on yet, as the dressing rooms are all closed here for the virus (which, out of all the possible interventions is really pretty silly...) but two pairs of pants and 5 or so shirts for $20... I can deal if some of it doesn't work out... I'll just donate it back to somewhere else. :) The girls have been stealing my clothes for years now (just tops, mostly... my pants are wayyyyy too big for either of them...) But now my HUSBAND has been stealing my t-shirts! Seriously !?!? *I* am the girl! *I* get to steal *HIS* shirts and sweats... not the other way around (but I don't , because I don't like them...)

A bonus woohoo with that is that I saw LOTS Of lovely things that would look great on my daughters, and DIDN'T. BUY. THEM. SQUAT! They have tons of clothes and don't need more. I also caught myself thinking how much I wish I had DD16's build (never did, even when I was young) and then I could wear so many more cute things... and then I corrected myself that she is literally "dangerously thin" and frequently fails to eat unless reminded/ cajoled (part of her medical issues.) So hooray for correcting myself that no, I don't want to be built like an unwell, semi-starved adolescent, no matter what the magazines tell me...

The bunny is doing well. We have downsized him from the big play yard with the carrier inside to a regular cage with a hidey-house and time spent free-roaming DD13's room. Today we broke out the old shredder and shredded up old papers for DD13 to use as extra fluff for the rabbits, because DD13 thinks that wood chips aren't good enough for the little princes, while I think that her fluffy litter of choice is a bit too much for my wallet... on the upside, at least she is fastidious about changing the litter (almost too) frequently... We are setting up a new compost heap, and the used rabbit fluff and used chicken coop wood chips count for the "brown" part of the compost to balance out the "green" part, which is the part everybody always thinks about... so at least we are being responsible-ish (for as long as this lasts before life goes back to normal and we are all too busy to remember about compost and shredding junk mail...)

And while it is making me pretty unhappy, I DID get my water in the last two days. Last night I had to fudge it a little and mix a little splenda into the water to get the last of it down. I am trying to go with plain/clear water (cucumber or other infusion ok, but not like tea or flavor drops...) just to see if I can do it. But I'm counting it! Been craving salt like crazy, though!

I think that's about it for this week...

My WooHoo is picking up library books today! It's so nice to be able to get them again, and my favorite librarian happened to be the one to bring out to curbside pick-up today. :) We have know her since we moved here 17 years ago, and she still always asks after DS.

I did not make my water goal yesterday, but that's because I consciously cut it back a little. After drinking that much on Monday, I did not feel at all "right" yesterday - almost as bad as not drinking enough, so I think tried to go from two bottles to three too quickly. I'm going to take it a little more slowly.

Glad to hear the bunny is doing well. :love: 🐰

Well my friends, it's over.

Thank God for nitrous oxide because my anxiety was an all-time high. He removed the tooth and did a bone graft, so I can wait on the implant for many months which is good because it will be $5,000.:scared1: This will give me time to save.

I won't be eating solid food for the next 5 days, so I expect more weight loss. I'm in a lot of pain, but I can't take anything for another hour because I have to bite down on the gauze. Looking forward to 800mg. Motrin. I didn't want to take any narcotics, so hopefully the Motrin will work.

Thanks for all of your well wishes.

Well my friends, it's over.

Thank God for nitrous oxide because my anxiety was an all-time high. He removed the tooth and did a bone graft, so I can wait on the implant for many months which is good because it will be $5,000.:scared1: This will give me time to save.

I won't be eating solid food for the next 5 days, so I expect more weight loss. I'm in a lot of pain, but I can't take anything for another hour because I have to bite down on the gauze. Looking forward to 800mg. Motrin. I didn't want to take any narcotics, so hopefully the Motrin will work.

Thanks for all of your well wishes.
Glad that’s behind you-hoping you can take those meds and get some sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter