Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

Sorry I have not been around much. Work is super busy right now. I have been able to read everything just not enough time to write something. Things should hopefully slow down in a few weeks.

@PollyannaMom I hope your soon starts to feel better.

I do have a woohoo. I finally was able to book my Disney trip for next year. Our plans changed so much since we started talking about. First we were going to go all out and stay at a deluxe but I talked DH out of it to save some money. Then we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach. Then last night it changed to Pop. So we have booked a preferred pool view at the Pop. I am so excited. Now the wait. Well I have been waiting since last September when the band announced the details. So really the wait continues. We have a little over 300 days to go. We are thinking of checking the kids out of band for dinner one night. I am thinking Easter Sunday. Any suggestions on a restaurant? DD and I are picky eaters. Also, DH and I want to do some restaurants that we couldn't with DD. She is pickier then me. Any suggestions here?

Sorry I have not been around much. Work is super busy right now. I have been able to read everything just not enough time to write something. Things should hopefully slow down in a few weeks.

@PollyannaMom I hope your soon starts to feel better.

I do have a woohoo. I finally was able to book my Disney trip for next year. Our plans changed so much since we started talking about. First we were going to go all out and stay at a deluxe but I talked DH out of it to save some money. Then we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach. Then last night it changed to Pop. So we have booked a preferred pool view at the Pop. I am so excited. Now the wait. Well I have been waiting since last September when the band announced the details. So really the wait continues. We have a little over 300 days to go. We are thinking of checking the kids out of band for dinner one night. I am thinking Easter Sunday. Any suggestions on a restaurant? DD and I are picky eaters. Also, DH and I want to do some restaurants that we couldn't with DD. She is pickier then me. Any suggestions here?
Woohoo! POP is my home-away-from-home resort, but March was the first trip since the Skyway opened and man-o-man did I love it. So calm and peaceful and I seemed to most often be on it with few other people and usually got a car to myself.

For picky eaters I could see doing a buffet or family style, since you can pick and choose... except if buffets make you squidgy. Teppan Edo comes to mind, the food preparation is simple and straight forward, but then there isn't a lot of variety, just choosing your proteins. Or something nice and fancy, like Flying Fish where there's a good menu to choose from.

Woohoo! POP is my home-away-from-home resort, but March was the first trip since the Skyway opened and man-o-man did I love it. So calm and peaceful and I seemed to most often be on it with few other people and usually got a car to myself.

For picky eaters I could see doing a buffet or family style, since you can pick and choose... except if buffets make you squidgy. Teppan Edo comes to mind, the food preparation is simple and straight forward, but then there isn't a lot of variety, just choosing your proteins. Or something nice and fancy, like Flying Fish where there's a good menu to choose from.
I love Teppen Edo. The chefs do look at me funny when I ask for no soy sauce on my steak. They ask me several times if I am sure. It is pretty funny. My daughter likes it too.

We have stayed away from buffets since covid. We have never tried Flying Fish. Do they have other offers other then sea food? DH will we some but I do eat sea food. If they have steak though I am good.

I love Teppen Edo. The chefs do look at me funny when I ask for no soy sauce on my steak. They ask me several times if I am sure. It is pretty funny. My daughter likes it too.

We have stayed away from buffets since covid. We have never tried Flying Fish. Do they have other offers other then sea food? DH will we some but I do eat sea food. If they have steak though I am good.
Yes, Flying Fish does more than seafood... chicken and a couple beef dishes. When I had my 13 year old Nephew with me, we did Flying Fish as our fancy "date night" and we had the Artisan Cheese plate then he had the Kid's mac-and-cheese... so cheese + cheese. He was in heaven and that was the first thing he told his Dad about when he got home!

A
B
C - cameras
D - Disney
E-employment
F-flowers
G
H - Health
I
J
K - kitties
L
M-magic candle company and mainstreet melts
N - Netflix
O
P
Q
R - Rain
S - Soccer Games
T
U
V
X
Y
Z - zoo trips
A
B - Butter (just being real here!)
C - cameras
D - Disney
E-employment
F-flowers
G - Gift giving (my love language)
H - Health
I
J
K - Kitties
L
N - Netflix
O
P
Q
R - Rain
S - Soccer Games
T
U - Underwear
V
X
Y
Z - zoo trips

Last edited:
A
C - cameras
D - Disney
E-employment
F-flowers
H - Health
I
J
K - Kitties
L
N - Netflix
O
P
Q
R - Rain
S - Soccer Games
T - travel
U - Underwear
V
X
Y
Z - zoo trips

A - all of you
C - cameras
D - Disney
E - employment
F - flowers
H - Health
I -
ice cream
J
K - Kitties
L
N - Netflix
O
P
Q - quiet mornings
R - Rain
S - Soccer Games
T - travel
U - Underwear
V
X
Y
Z - zoo trips

At some point over the weekend I have to get yard work done, but it has been wet the past two days and looks to be the same Sat/Sun, so not sure when or how that is going to happen. As always there are plenty of in-doors things to be done, so we'll see how the weekend plays out. Sunday I do get my haircut, so that's something to look forward to.

A - all of you
C - cameras
D - Disney
E - employment
F - flowers
H - Health
I - ice cream
J-jam
K - Kitties
L-laughter
N - Netflix
O-Oreos
P-Puppies
Q - quiet mornings
R - Rain
S - Soccer Games
T - travel
U - Underwear
V-vegetables
X-XOXO’s
Y-Yummy Food
Z - zoo trips

Got home today from our 10 day Florida trip!!

If you would have told me in the winter of 2022 that DD would be well enough by summer for a 10 day vacation-Disney parks, swimming in the ocean, canoeing…I would have never believed it! But here we are! Absolutely amazed by her!

Weekend plans-tomorrow I have a grocery and a sams pickup and plan to unpack and clean up the dog hair tumbleweeds LOL.

Sunday I have a big dog and small dog walking scheduled at the spca!

1654910361840.png
Some random questions for Social Saturday:

What fictional place would you like to visit?

If you could have an unlimited lifetime supply of something (other than money), what would that be?

What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

What is your favorite tradition or holiday?

What fictional place would you like to visit? - Hogwarts!

If you could have an unlimited lifetime supply of something (other than money), what would that be?
- books

- chocolate

What is your favorite tradition or holiday? - family vacations

View attachment 675443
Some random questions for Social Saturday:

What fictional place would you like to visit?

What is your favorite tradition or holiday?
I would love to visit Never Never land and escape this chaotic world.:tink:
I would love a lifetime supply of art materials...just the thought excites me.🎨🖌️🖍️👩‍🎨
My favorite guilty pleasure is shopping...verging on shopaholic.🛍️🛍️🛍️🛍️🛍️

My favorite holiday is Christmas.🎄🎅

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter