Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

Woohoo...

The cats have finally settled down and are letting me sleep thru the night. Plus before I left for WDW I got a new pillow - filled with wool. It's definitely different than any other pillow I've had and here's something about it that when my head hits it I'm pretty much out and don't seem to toss and turn as much.... provided I don't have a kitty sitting on my head or a kitty butt parked right in my face.

So far at work all the changes are working out better than I dared hope. Before, my direct Manager was the Engineering Manager but now we've brought on a Manager specifically for the PM group, who is a "mature" woman with a lot of experience, which gives me someone to learn from and also means the Tech PM group will be more cohesive and I'll be able to learn from the other PMs as well.

For my birthday present I'm going to do some IPL facial treatments... I have broken capillaries and pinkness in my cheeks that it should eliminate, which makes me so very happy. My skin loves the new product line I've been using and looks great, except for the pinkness.

oh you should! It's works great for some people. I think it took me long time to relaise truly that there really is not one size fit all, and trying to make same plan work for two people can be great for the one and terrible for the other.
I don’t tell people I follow Weight Watchers because it’s changed so much over the years and some people can’t get past the whole points thing. I get it-for some reason points are easier for me to count than calories, but I know people that are successful keeping to a certain calorie total. I also know someone that lost almost 40lbs doing keto-she’s a good cook and really has changed the way she and her family eat-but they love it.

I am not too woohoo today. Maybe later. DD is in her surgery now. She did great so far. No real anxiety. Her keeping it together helped me to keep it together. It will be a long 2 to 3 hours though.
Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

@Oneanne I'm glad you are getting sleep! For me, lack of sleep is like being hangry. I turn into a monster.

@sjrec It's always nice to have a weekend getaway to look forward to. The sea glass festival does sound like fun for the sea glass and other crafts. And I always enjoy a nice ferry ride.

@PollyannaMom way to get back on track with exercise! And it's always good for the soul to get together with loved ones. Have fun with your aunt!

@HappyGrape The Pink concert sounds amazing! My friends went last year and really enjoyed it! And nice work on finding a system that works for you! Chunking your long term goal into smaller pieces is a great way to keep track of your progress and not feel so overwhelmed!

@4Mickeys I'm glad you found something that works for you. If keto is helping to lower your blood work numbers, I'd definitely stick with it. Enjoy that its working and use it to motivate you to keep going!

IT'S THANKFUL THURSDAY!
I'm thankful my family is close and always willing to help. My dad has been in my new classroom every day this week before me and is helping fix things, move furniture and unpack!
I'm thankful my son was willing to step out of his comfort zone and try out for a new baseball team and after weeks of waiting, we found out he made the team today.
I'm thankful my kids are healthy and able to be active this summer.
I'm thankful that we are just one month away from being in DISNEY!
What are you thankful for this week?

I am not too woohoo today. Maybe later. DD is in her surgery now. She did great so far. No real anxiety. Her keeping it together helped me to keep it together. It will be a long 2 to 3 hours though.

Hope it went well ... that waiting while they are in surgery is tough, I sat alone doing it last year for my DD.

What are you thankful for this week?

I am thankful for access to affordable health care, my kids - there has just been some fun family moments lately, my parents.

I'm thankful for Thankful Thursdays, because it really got me thinking about thankfulness on the bus ride in to work this morning and helped me get into a positive head space to tackle the day.

I'm thankful family is all in good health and happiness at this time. My Sister finished her radiology several weeks ago and is feeling better and everyone else is doing well.

Thank you everyone. DD is doing better them I expected. We were home yesterday by noon. They did give her 2 nerve blocks so yesterday she felt great. Maybe even too good. She got out of the car when got home and wanted to take off. We had to stop her and reminder she needed to take it easy. Last night went great as well. We still gave her Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours so I only got a few hours of sleep at a time. Tonight will be DH's turn. This morning she was in more pain and in tears when she needed to put the boot on to go to the bathroom. So we gave her a dose of the stronger meds. I also had to help her sit up. Her stomach hurts from the place that they took the fat from to put in her ankle. After the meds though she is doing much better and slept for another several hours. Her pain level has also gone done a little. She is still happy and handling it all very well. Mom on the other had is exhausted.

@HappyGrape It is a blessing to have supportive family. And its nice to know that they are always still there for you, even if you don't see eye to eye on certain topics such as WDW ;)

@4Mickeys Affordable health care is something to be thankful for. Many of us (ME) tend to take that for granted. So thanks for reminding me :) Glad you are having fun and making family memories.

@sjrec Glad it's summer vacation for your family. I don't remember...are they teachers? It will be nice spending time together :)

@Oneanne Glad to hear your sister is feeling better!

@piglet1979 Sounds like your daughter is such a trooper! She's been through a lot and sounds like she is handling it so well! Make sure you take care of yourself too. Good to hear husband will be taking the night shift tonight so you can get some rest. Sounds like you make a great team!

I'm thankful for Thankful Thursdays, because it really got me thinking about thankfulness on the bus ride in to work this morning and helped me get into a positive head space to tackle the day.
You reminded me of class I had a few years ago that was a real challenge. Just a lot of different behaviors mixed together that all fed off of one another and were really hard to manage. Ever teacher that interacted with my class that year would turn to me and say "I don't know how you do it." To be honest, my response was always "I don't know either." In the mist of that year, I really kept doubting myself as a teacher. I starting thinking that teaching wasn't for me. I really started to believe all these negative comments made about my class were about me as a teacher. When you make a comment about my class, I feel like it's a reflection of who I am as a teacher. However, I started printing out things that make me happy. I found Disney quotes about happiness and perseverance and hard work and dreams. I printed them out and hung them up at my desk. And it actually started to work. I found the energy to keep trying new strategies with kids. I found a way to be even more entertaining to keep their attention. And I definitely still had those negative thoughts enter my mind. The difference was that I was squashing them with positive ones too. @Oneanne, you make a great point in that these Thankful Thursdays are something to be thankful for. Even was faced with hardships and negativity, we all can find something to be thankful for. And it's in those darkest moments that we need the positive thoughts the most!

View attachment 410573
Free-For-All Friday
I'm off to do my workout while the kids are at their own workout at the high school. Then son and I are going shopping. But I'm most excited for tomorrow. We are starting the day by going to see Toy Story 4 as a family! I CAN'T WAIT! It's the one Disney movie my husband actually wants to see too. Then tomorrow night, we are taking my daughter to a US women's field hockey game. It will be a fun-filled day for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter