• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 1 Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcersfromva

Mouseketeer
Are there any DVC members out there who will sell their vacation club interest because of the new policy that begins June 1?

Also, is anyone concerned that the policy was put into effect without notification and input from current members?

Other questions--will DVC start banning members who are overweight who order fattening food from DVC restaurants, or who are too skinny and uptight and flip out over stressful situations, or who yell at and spank their kids, or who wear too much perfume, or any other potentially offensife behaviors? Will Disney stop selling acohol so there is not potential for outragious behavior by Disney guests?

I hope the the DVC police don't shut me down!!! This is crazy.

I do smoke in the evenings. I work for a local school division, and smoking is not allowed anywhere on school property. That's okay by me, and mabye is is actually a good thing. But, on vacation, if I want to have a drink or two and have a cigarette on my balcony or on the grounds outside my hotel room, that is my business. I agree that smoking in rooms is disgusting, but many, many people purchased DVC believing they could smoke.

What's next?????? Also, any member that says they cannot stand the smoke, okay. But I hope they aren't wearing perfume that can be equally offensive.

If I'm banned, that's okay, but isn't the USA supposed to have freedom of speech??????

Haven't sold but did cancel a 2 week (11 day) stay at OKW, starting 6-4-07. I have made several phone calls & emails, still waiting to hear from a supervisor. It has been over a week since initial contact.
I did receive a call last Fri. from Disney Cruise Line informing us of the 6-1 policy as I had requested smoking room. It was on the machine & no call back info left. Went off site as of now.

It is my understanding that this is an entire WDW property policy and not just the DVC resorts. I think from a purely business point of view they found that they had rooms unbooked because non-smokers wouldn't stay in a smoking room because of the lingering stale smoke smell. Since the requests for smoking rooms were few and far between, they made the decision to go all non-smoking. It would be very difficult to police the policy if they allowed smoking on the patios and balconies of the resorts since that smoke could very well drift into the room. I understand too that there will be fines (if they impose them) for people who do smoke in their rooms, balconies or patios. I think we will see many hotel chains follow suit with Disney across the country...just like smoking in bars and restuarants.

This is not just a DVC only issue. It effects all WDW Resorts so that includes the Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Why is it that some DVC members think this is only about them when it's not?

For what it's worth, I was listening to one of the Disney podcasts (can't remember which one) and the host, a smoker, mentioned that he didn't like staying in smoking rooms. He thought they stank. :rolleyes: He did his smoking on the balcony.

Honestly, they haven't enforced the current no-smoking policy, so I'd be surprised if they enforce this one.

Do you want to have the choice to smoke, or am I way off base?

I do know that, even as a smoker, smoking rooms can be horrible. BUT, we did purchase the timehsare with the understanding smoking was allowed. Do you believe anything is wrong with stepping outside your room to light up?

We took a Disney Cruise 1-1/2 years ago and got a balcony room. Not once, did we smoke inside our room, but it was great to be able to got out to the balcony to have a cigarette if we chose to. I hope it didn't bother anyone. We weren't chain smoking.

This DVC is not an inexpensive proposition. I NEVER want to offend anyone with smoking while on vacation. I only hope DVC will realize that smoking is not the only obnoxious behaviour at their resorts. People who allow their children to run wild, again, nasty perfume, pool chair hogs, and other behaviors all add to the vacation experience.

I guess I'm just feeling like this is a policy that became "law" very quickly, and I didn't get any input.

Just about anyone can get and carry any kind of permit to carry any kind or weapon, but, now, we can't even smoke on vacation? What's up with that?

It is my understanding that this is an entire WDW property policy and not just the DVC resorts. I think from a purely business point of view they found that they had rooms unbooked because non-smokers wouldn't stay in a smoking room because of the lingering stale smoke smell. Since the requests for smoking rooms were few and far between, they made the decision to go all non-smoking. It would be very difficult to police the policy if they allowed smoking on the patios and balconies of the resorts since that smoke could very well drift into the room. I understand too that there will be fines (if they impose them) for people who do smoke in their rooms, balconies or patios. I think we will see many hotel chains follow suit with Disney across the country...just like smoking in bars and restuarants.

Actually I think Marriott was the first hotel chain to go smoke free and that was a couple of years ago.

I guess I'm just feeling like this is a policy that became "law" very quickly, and I didn't get any input.
Again I say because this is not a DVC issue that is why you got no input. Is it that hard to understand this is effects all WDW Resorts, not just the DVC Resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter