June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

i checked for you and you can get it for $609 with the KLM code, $30+ less if you have the entertainment book coupon, but you will probably have to pay if you need an additional driver so if you need that i would stick with what you have.

Thank you for posting that for me. I do need the additional driver, so Im saving about $140 with the insiders club.

Last summer I started a thread on here for June 2012 prices and ended up getting the car for 84.00 for the week. Prices dropped like crazy. I have never paid over 120 for a week for a car....I won't start this year either but the prices do seem a lot higher this year!!!!

I have tried the KLM code but it increases my price. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. :confused3

Wahoo!

So far this is the best I have found. Pick up at Tampa and return on Disney Property with National Car Rental. I am renting for 12 days and entered contract ID for Progressive Perkshare 5030102 and coupon ND3177ZDE. My total for a full size is 347.78 after taxes and fees. If that is the best I get, I am happy with that.

Thank you for posting that for me. I do need the additional driver, so Im saving about $140 with the insiders club.

i checked for you and you can get it for $609 with the KLM code, $30+ less if you have the entertainment book coupon, but you will probably have to pay if you need an additional driver so if you need that i would stick with what you have.

as long as you sign up for & link your emerald club # to the reservation (after you find a great rate) you don't pay for 2nd driver on a national reservation as per their website:

No second-driver fees.Never pay extra when family members and business associates do the driving.

as long as you sign up for & link your emerald club # to the reservation (after you find a great rate) you don't pay for 2nd driver on a national reservation as per their website:

No second-driver fees.Never pay extra when family members and business associates do the driving.

I would probably have to pay since my friend and I are going with our kids. We are nit family members... 2 different addresses on our licenses.

Wahoo!

So far this is the best I have found. Pick up at Tampa and return on Disney Property with National Car Rental. I am renting for 12 days and entered contract ID for Progressive Perkshare 5030102 and coupon ND3177ZDE. My total for a full size is 347.78 after taxes and fees. If that is the best I get, I am happy with that.

What is the coupon ND3177ZDE? It let me enter it, but I'm afraid to use it not knowing what it is. I'm making a reservation for my parents and don't want to mess anything up for them when they go to pick up their car.:goodvibes

What is the coupon ND3177ZDE? It let me enter it, but I'm afraid to use it not knowing what it is. I'm making a reservation for my parents and don't want to mess anything up for them when they go to pick up their car.:goodvibes

It is for Progressive insurance.

If you go without coupon and join Alamo Club (No Credit Card needed to join) 10percent automatic deducted. My total would be 371.43 which is 30.95 a day for everything. I would be happy with that too. I will still keep an eye out, but that is for a full size car.

Just checked and the prices are going down! Dollar had City Specials this afternoon, but we are sticking with our National Car reservation. It is only $40 more with National. I like the idea of being able to pick out car and I LOVE the idea of bypassing the rental counter because we are Emerald members. Hopefully, the prices will go down further!!!!!

Yep, prices are finally going down. Dollar and Thrifty's city special was a much better deal today than last week. For the 4th-11th I got a midsize for $153 all in. That's down from $236 for a compact.

Carrentalsavers.com had the best deal I've seen so far for my dates. $148 for an intermediate. I booked that and the Thrifty rate, and am debating which to cancel. I've never rented with Enterprise. Anyone have experience with them? What would be the difference between a midsize and an intermediate?

We are interested in renting a car from home (ohio) and driving to and from Florida. Are the rates you are posting from airlines flying in? We will be leaving 5/31 and spending a week there. Wondering if I'd get a better deal closer to the time we are leaving and locking in a priceline deal? only time we've ever rented a car is after I hit a deer (or 2... but who's counting?) :rotfl:

We are interested in renting a car from home (ohio) and driving to and from Florida. Are the rates you are posting from airlines flying in? We will be leaving 5/31 and spending a week there. Wondering if I'd get a better deal closer to the time we are leaving and locking in a priceline deal? only time we've ever rented a car is after I hit a deer (or 2... but who's counting?) :rotfl:

My prices are for renting and returning to Orlando's airport. I'd recommend checking online for rates in Ohio now. Go ahead and book the lowest you can find, and periodically check back. There is no penalty for cancelling reservations (unless you do a priceline-type pre-pay deal). So you can keep booking, canceling and rebooking as the rates change. Just be sure you cancel any reservations you aren't using so you don't artifically drive up prices!

Also, since you don't need to pickup at an airport, be sure to check the prices of rental places away from your local airport. Often offsite agencies are cheaper. Good luck (and stay away from more deer!)

With no coupons, I have two different reservations so far. For both companies I used the city specials offers. These are both at Sanford Airport as we are flying with Allegiant. They are both for June 3-10 picking up the car at 10 pm and dropping off at 2 pm.
Dollar is for a Ford Focus at $180 with all taxes and fees.
Thrifty is for a Dodge Avenger at $188 with all taxes and fees.

If nothing else comes up, I am happy with either of these....probably go with the Avenger just cuz it's a cooler car! LOL! But, if something comes up cheaper I will switch.

Hi. I have managed to get a June 17 to June 26th minivan rental through Dollar for $421. Using the klm code, I would be able to get a minivan through National for about $390. National also allows a secondary driver for free rather than charging a $11 per day fee like Dollar. Although, my husband will likely do all the driving it is nice to have the option. I also noticed they include some insurance coverage. As a result, I was tempted to switch my reservation to National. However, I have recently heard that there are not a lot of minivans at National. A couple people told me they booked minivans but when they got down there, there were none on the lot. With a family of five and associated luggage, I cannot risk not getting a minivan. I would rather just pay the extra money and stay with Dollar than risk it. Anyone encounter such problems with National before???

Just checked and I was able to get a mid size car at Dollar for $290 all in for 6/1 thru 6/14!!! The rates keep going down!,,

I'm trying to get a minivan or large SUV from TPA for 06/15-22. What would you estimate is a good rate, so I can grab it when I see it. I think my dad has booked through National for $350 ish. I haven't rented in two years and haven't rented from Tampa in quite a while so I feel pretty unprepared.

I'm trying to get a minivan or large SUV from TPA for 06/15-22. What would you estimate is a good rate, so I can grab it when I see it. I think my dad has booked through National for $350 ish. I haven't rented in two years and haven't rented from Tampa in quite a while so I feel pretty unprepared.

Last time i checked orlando and tampa were running about the same... That was about a month ago... I have a minivan reserved for 14 days for 660 including all taxes and fees at orlando airport.... So 330 per week...thats the lowest I've seen so far.

Last time i checked orlando and tampa were running about the same... That was about a month ago... I have a minivan reserved for 14 days for 660 including all taxes and fees at orlando airport.... So 330 per week...thats the lowest I've seen so far.

That's good to know. I will keep an eye out for anything less :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter