**June 2016 check in**

xlsm

Snow White
Welcome to the June 2016 DLR/DCA Check in!!

My original post looking for fellow June travelers is below:

Hello!! :wave:

I hadn't noticed a June thread yet, but if there's already one out there, feel free to redirect me!

And if not...well, here it is!!

We are WDW vets planning our first trip to DLR/DCA this June. We'll also be taking day trips around the area.

Any other June travelers out there?

How is the planning going?

Like I said, I'm used to the WDW way of doing things, so it's a struggle for me to wait around before booking dining and things, and trying to get myself in the mindset of using paper fast passes again!

Looking forward to talking with you all :-):-)

And now we have so many friends!!

June 2016 Directory:

CateinPhoenix 5/29 - 6/5
californiamomof4grls 5/30 - 6/5
KCmike 6/1 - 5 Fairfield Inn
Jenn1116 6/3 - 6/6
yolie912 6/3 - 9
kirstie101 6/4 - 9 HoJo
McQueenMaterMom 6/4 - 9
Grand Moff Olaf 6/4 - 11
DCLDVC1 6/5 GC
AZMermaid 6/5 - 10 VGC
momma monster 6/5 - 10 PP
KCAshley 6/8 - 9
jina 6/8 - 11
Leenora 6/8 - 11
yolie912 6/8 - 12
DollBabyKG 6/8 - 13 Anaheim Marriott Suites
PoohsFan1 6/8 - 17 PPH/VGC
sc426 6/9
bdub 6/10 - 20 Homewood suites
3DisMunchkins 6/11 - 15 Camelot
SA-TX 6/11 - 15
celtchic 6/11 - 17 HoJo
Sarahk0204 6/11 - 17 VGC
Granted42 6/12 - 16
Diszona 6/12 - 19
nallepuh 6/13 - 14
oktracy 6/13 - 15
dcfromva 6/13 - 16 VGC
HydroGuy 6/13 - 17 BWPPI
IdahoMike 6/13 - 17
jadelsp 6/13 - 17
Lysha14 6/13 - 17 Camelot
CassieScraps 6/13 - 20 Castle Inn
xlsm 6/13 - 21 HoJo
Paposa 6/15 - 18 Anaheim RV Resort
tlovesdis 6/15 - 19
Ndusmama 6/16 - 19 PPH
madame_jedi 6/16 - 22 Candy Cane
hlbtimes2 6/18 - 22 candy cane
MouseLover 6/18 - 22
JustCallMeMommy 6/18 - 23 HoJo
Misskitty3 6/18 - 24 HoJo
brianerickson 6/18 - 25
maine mom 6/18 - 25 GC
luulu1999 6/18-26
mad hatter fan 6/18 - 29 homewood suites
ej119 6/19 - 22 Red Lion
DaveNinja 6/19 - 23 Clarion
Girimama33 6/19 - 24
love2go2disney2 6/19- 25 Portofino Inn and Suites
ChristaDeVil 6/20
ten6mom 6/20 - 24 Desert Inn and Suites
disneycat321 6/21-23
TravelandLeisure 6/21 - 24
Kimberly1 6/21 - 28 Candy Cane Inn
Disneyluv111 6/21 - 29 Castle Inn and Suites
CherylGonz 6/22 - 29 Fairfield Marriott
choirboy501 6/23 - 25
MaxnElliesMama 6/23 - 28
bostonsnana 6/24
cindyland 6/24 - 26 DLH
mr. baloo 6/24 - 28 VGC
ddwlms 6/26 - 7/2 DLH
greewe 6/26 - 7/2 DLH
soonergreg9802 6/26 - 7/2 Camelot
OregonMomToWDW 6/27 Park Vue Inn
pinkgirlmommy 6/27 - 7/2
E&AsMom 6/27 - 7/3 PP
BadPinkTink 6/28 - 7/1
xxliz28xx 6/28 - 7/3
princesspeaony 6/29 - 7/8 Marriott
Astila 6/30 - 7/4 HoJo
MouseLover TBD
DisneyLovinCanucks

Last edited:
I'll be there June 15-19. I'm taking my niece for her 10th birthday. I have a few hotels across the street booked because I can't decide where we are going to stay. I have an AP so June will be my 3rd trip in 2016 (going next weekend and one day in February).

You will get lots of help from these boards so feel free to ask as many questions as you need to!!

waves, I was wondering if I had missed the June checkin :) This will be my 8 year in a row to visit LA and my 7th year in a row to Disneyland. I am also planning to visit Universal Studios Hollywood, I reaallllly want to see the new Harry Potter land :)

June 22 to June 28 Downtown LA - Hotel TBC
June 28 to July 1 Anaheim / Disneyland - Hotel TBC - last year stayed at Motel 6 Main Gate, most likely will book again

I'm staying at the Motel 6 again next weekend! Can't beat the price!!

I'm staying at the Motel 6 again next weekend! Can't beat the price!!

I know, and the fact that its the last hotel pick up and first hotel drop off on ART. Last year was my second time staying there. My only issue is the stairs, I am a solo international traveller and I have a large suitcase. The first year I didn't know about the stairs and barely managed to get to my room. Last year I just did a room request for a lower level on the booking and I was fine. I just put TBC for the moment until I actually do the booking :)

We will be there June 5-10, staying in a 1BR Villa at the Grand Cal. We are DVC members. Traveling are myself, DH and my DS 5.5 and DD 4. This is our first trip with everyone over 40"! Except... my kids are afraid of the big rides. But, our last trip was right before my daughter turned 3 last Feb... so hopefully they are braver this time. We are also going stroller free for the first time.... My DH is more sold on this than I am. But we both agreed we can rent one if things go south!

Hooray!! So excited to find some June friends!!

I'll be there June 15-19. I'm taking my niece for her 10th birthday. I have a few hotels across the street booked because I can't decide where we are going to stay. I have an AP so June will be my 3rd trip in 2016 (going next weekend and one day in February).

You will get lots of help from these boards so feel free to ask as many questions as you need to!!

Hello!! We'll be there the 13 - 21. Our original plan was to have a hotel in Santa Monica, move to a Disney area hotel, then move to a beach hotel, but I just didn't want to do all that moving around, so we're going to be at the HoJo. We'll have 5 day hoppers instead of 3 day, now, so I'm excited to get some extra park time in on evenings when we come back from our adventures out and about!

I'm one of those crazy planners, so taking a more relaxed approach to DLR is kind of unnerving! I've been using DLRPrepschool and skulking around on the Disneyland boards here a lot lately, and I'm glad to have others around to help me with our trip.

And if anyone needs advice for Disney World, just ask, I could plan a trip there in my sleep, LOL!!

waves, I was wondering if I had missed the June checkin :) This will be my 8 year in a row to visit LA and my 7th year in a row to Disneyland. I am also planning to visit Universal Studios Hollywood, I reaallllly want to see the new Harry Potter land :)

June 22 to June 28 Downtown LA - Hotel TBC
June 28 to July 1 Anaheim / Disneyland - Hotel TBC - last year stayed at Motel 6 Main Gate, most likely will book again

I've grown to love my month of travel groups for our WDW trips, so I was looking and looking for a June board here to have the same fun :)
If the Harry Potter stuff in Hollywood is as good as Orlando, you're going to LOVE IT.

My SIL lives and works in LA (her office is across the street from the Chinese Theater), so we'll be spending some time doing touristy things around town on a couple of days, and head to the beach, too.

We will be there June 5-10, staying in a 1BR Villa at the Grand Cal. We are DVC members. Traveling are myself, DH and my DS 5.5 and DD 4. This is our first trip with everyone over 40"! Except... my kids are afraid of the big rides. But, our last trip was right before my daughter turned 3 last Feb... so hopefully they are braver this time. We are also going stroller free for the first time.... My DH is more sold on this than I am. But we both agreed we can rent one if things go south!

Hooray for everyone crossing the 40" mark!! And good luck going stroller free! I'ts nice to have the option of a rental as backup, too. I'll cross my fingers they make it without, though!
The kids might surprise you and take some risks on bigger rides, they might feel like big stuff going without a stroller and everything:-):-)

We are WDW vets heading to DLR for our second trip from 6/8-6/17. We are staying one night at PPH before moving over to VGC for the rest of the nights. We are all so excited to be heading back to DLR to see the 60th Anniversary celebrations and everything else that we fell in love with on our first trip in 2013. My DMIL will be meeting us for a few days during our trip, which this will be her first time at DLR (she is a huge fan of WDW and anything Disney) and we are excited to show her all of the attractions that is unique to DL and DCA (especially the attractions that Walt Disney himself had a hand in making). We will also be celebrating my DD's 13th birthday while we are there :goodvibes.

Will be there 06/15 - 06/18, with DW, DS9 and DD5.. Can't wait!!
It will only be our second time there. First time was back in 2012.
Travelling over from Denmark, Europe, where we are from.
Will be staiyng at Anaheim RV Resort.

We (me, DH, DD-19) will be there in June. Dates not set in stone but ~18-21 before heading to Vegas. Can't decide where to stay! Last time we stayed at Hojo & were perfectly happy there, but that was 11 years ago and we paid $49 Ent rate.

We are WDW vets heading to DLR for our second trip from 6/8-6/17. We are staying one night at PPH before moving over to VGC for the rest of the nights. We are all so excited to be heading back to DLR to see the 60th Anniversary celebrations and everything else that we fell in love with on our first trip in 2013. My DMIL will be meeting us for a few days during our trip, which this will be her first time at DLR (she is a huge fan of WDW and anything Disney) and we are excited to show her all of the attractions that is unique to DL and DCA (especially the attractions that Walt Disney himself had a hand in making). We will also be celebrating my DD's 13th birthday while we are there :goodvibes.

Oh, Disney birthdays are the best!! At least my kids think so, they've both celebrated their last two birthdays at WDW (so has DH). I'm the main Disney fanatic in the house, so I'm wondering where MY birthday trip is?? LOL!

We're looking forward to the 60th stuff, and I'm so glad we are able to go while it's still going on. My SIL lives in LA and has never been to Disneyland, so she's going to join us one day as well.

Lots of similarities between our situations...tickers, too!

I will never complain about long flights again! Denmark, wow!

We (me, DH, DD-19) will be there in June. Dates not set in stone but ~18-21 before heading to Vegas. Can't decide where to stay! Last time we stayed at Hojo & were perfectly happy there, but that was 11 years ago and we paid $49 Ent rate.

Um, yeah, we are NOT paying $49 for HoJo, lol!! The price is still pretty good though!

Welcome to the thread :-)

Just went over our plans this morning and DH has requested vacation dates into his boss! I have Hojo booked on 6/18-6/24 but we are actually looking at coming home on 6/23. Dh and Ds are flying down in May to see the Harry Potter stuff for DS's 13th birthday so that is eating into our Disneyland budget a little bit....but I think it will be well worth it!:)

We are tentatively planning 3 days in the park and 1 full day out and about. We love Laguna Beach but may visit San Juan Capistrano this time or try to fit in both!

P.S. Speaking of the Hojo rates....they have really, really gone up! I had my dates booked back since Sept but just checked pricing again yesterday to see if they might have gone down (LOL!!!). For our dates, Hojo is over $200!! However, love their easy and free parking lot, pool, comfy rooms and nice staff!

Wow Denmark! My dad was born there and it's my dream to visit there one day!! How fun you're coming to DL!!

We will be there at the end of June. Staying at Park Vue Inn again. We are taking 2 days to drive down from Oregon and checking in on the 27th. It will be me, my ds21, my dd19 and my dd12.

Just went over our plans this morning and DH has requested vacation dates into his boss! I have Hojo booked on 6/18-6/24 but we are actually looking at coming home on 6/23. Dh and Ds are flying down in May to see the Harry Potter stuff for DS's 13th birthday so that is eating into our Disneyland budget a little bit....but I think it will be well worth it!:)

We are tentatively planning 3 days in the park and 1 full day out and about. We love Laguna Beach but may visit San Juan Capistrano this time or try to fit in both!

P.S. Speaking of the Hojo rates....they have really, really gone up! I had my dates booked back since Sept but just checked pricing again yesterday to see if they might have gone down (LOL!!!). For our dates, Hojo is over $200!! However, love their easy and free parking lot, pool, comfy rooms and nice staff!

Hey, maybe we'll see each other around the HoJo! Free and easy parking was one of our main reasons for choosing to stay here too, and I know my kids will like the pool - My oldest (he'll be 13 in August) does not enjoy the go-go-go vacation style, and will revolt if we don't have some down time, lol!! He gets a day at the beach, so between that and some pool time, he should be pleasant enough!

We will be there at the end of June. Staying at Park Vue Inn again. We are taking 2 days to drive down from Oregon and checking in on the 27th. It will be me, my ds21, my dd19 and my dd12.

Oh, I'll bet that's a beautiful drive!!

Hooray for everyone crossing the 40" mark!! And good luck going stroller free! I'ts nice to have the option of a rental as backup, too. I'll cross my fingers they make it without, though!
The kids might surprise you and take some risks on bigger rides, they might feel like big stuff going without a stroller and everything:-):-)

I try to say we have lots of years for big rides... But I do hope they brave up!

I read on Mice Chat that soarin is changing over to Soarin over the world on 6/17. I know right now it's open fri,sat,sun with the old CA show. I'm hoping it doesn't close completely in early June for the final transition... But I feel like I wouldn't be surprised. It was closed our last family trip and I think my kids would like this one. No way to know until like May, so I'll try not to obsess about it- haha!

Wow Denmark! My dad was born there and it's my dream to visit there one day!! How fun you're coming to DL!!

That's cool..! You should go one day, if you ever get a chance :-) Maybe we'll bumb in to eachother at DL.. I can see, that we'll be there on the same dates :-)

Forgot to mention I will be travelling from Ireland. I have friends in LA and since 2010 I have been visiting Disney every June

Some more WDW vets and DVC members headed to the DLR!

The travelers are me, DH, DMIL, DD 12, and DS 12. We will be in a 2BR at VGC from 6/11 - 6/17. We will probably miss Soarin' then, but that's OK. This will be all of our first trips to the DLR. I was last in California 25 (!) years ago for a band trip, but we were in San Diego. DMIL took the train to CA when she was a little girl, but I don't think DL was open yet. She does remember going to Knotts Berry Farm, so we are going to spend a day there.

First trip to Disneyland for my family June 18-25. Staying at the Grand Californian and we are sooooooo excited. In 3 weeks it will make 16 times that I have been to Disney world and it is a weird feeling going to Disneyland were I know nothing. I cannot wait to walk down Main Street for the first time and feel Walt's spirit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter